"Official" 2020 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Poor Unfortunate Souls (2020 MNSSHP CANCELLED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How were the crowds? This is the night we were thinking of going. Our other option based on the dates on the UK site is Friday the 4th.
It might be a hard one to compare to because a hurricane was coming which made the crowds light. We also didn't get fireworks because of winds. I would recommend that night overall because most US schools will be back in session the next day and it tends to make crowds overall smaller.

It might be a hard one to compare to because a hurricane was coming which made the crowds light. We also didn't get fireworks because of winds. I would recommend that night overall because most US schools will be back in session the next day and it tends to make crowds overall smaller.

Thanks. That was my initial thought too. Looks like we'll plan on Monday.

Why won’t they drop dates and prices already?!?! Lol
This will be our first MNSSHP
We are arriving oct 27-nov 4.
yryi n g to figure out if we should do 27th ( arrival day) or 29th which is our anniversary
very excited to hopefully see the Sanderson sisters?

Well I have decided to do Disney this year even though I said I wouldn’t because of my daughter’s wedding. Coming down in September for my birthday and plan on 2 parties Tuesday and Friday and also hoping for MK after hours party. See you all there.

What is the census around here as far as planning an even ticket? Do you merge it with a park day or try to keep it on a rest day? I feel like making my MK day as the same day as the event is limiting the actual amount of hours I'm getting in the park.

We're combining tickets and planning on being there all darn day. We'll probably take double the number of snack/drink breaks and watch every single show during the day, just to try to conserve energy, LOL!

What is the census around here as far as planning an even ticket? Do you merge it with a park day or try to keep it on a rest day? I feel like making my MK day as the same day as the event is limiting the actual amount of hours I'm getting in the park.

For us, it was about the value. We went to MVMCP last year. We went to HS for the first half of the day, then headed over to MK for the party, right at 4.

However, we previously only had 4 park days planned. Adding on the party meant we would be staying for an extra night. The price to add on a 5th day to the ticket was only like $13. If it had been on a day with 4 or less days on a ticket, that's an incredible waste of money (IMO). You're essentially paying twice for the same day.

We're going to MNSSHP this year, but only with 2 park days. We'll be using the party day as a resort/rest day this time.

Does anyone know how rider swap works with a baby during MNSSHP? I'm assuming it doesn't really exist during the party since there is no separate FP lines. How would we handle going on something like Space Mountain? Would we each need to wait on the whole line separately (basically doubling our wait time), or can we have the child with us on line and then do a swap near the boarding area? First time parents so we are still figuring out the normal child swap procedures (do we really get to swap out our child for a new one :confused3 - jk, I would never swap my little guy for someone else), but doing MNSSHP is adding a whole additional layer to figuring out how to do the parks with a baby.
I don't know if this works for every ride, but we have done this on SDMT several times, when my youngest was too timid to ride. We all waited in line together, and when we got to the front, we just informed the CM. They had DD and I wait off to the side, then as soon as DH and older kids got off, I was allowed to ride (with older kids again). It's like rider switch, but since you just have the one child, it may be more interesting for you and your husband to wait in line together, rather than one of you waiting alone. Unless you think the baby will have trouble waiting in lines... then the traditional rider switch may be a better option. Hopefully, during the party, lines will be short enough that it will be a non-issue.

I think tickets will be released Thursday because the current promo ends Wednesday and a new dining plan becomes available Thursday. At least I'm hoping all good things drop.

We are going late Aug/early Sep to attend MNSSHP for the first time - Jack Skellington has been my 6 year old daughters favorite since she was 3. We are so excited. It looks like our two choices will be Friday 8/28 night or Tues 9/1. How much less crowded with Tues be? We have a rest day Sat the 29th so this is making me think that Friday night may be best but then again, if the crowds are significantly lighter, we will stick with Tuesday and just alter our HS plans the next day to arrive later than planned (we have another full day at HS so this would be okay)

What about the PartyPass they sold last year for multiple attendance?
Hope it returns this year .

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter