"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, so excited to go back to MNSSHP - we've been twice on Halloween (2017 and 2019) and this time we're going 9/2 so a slightly different vibe I'm sure. Looking forward to picking up the tricks and tips from the early attenders. Is anyone else dressing up or is it just us?
I'm bringing 4 tweens with me, and it seems I am the only one dressing up... lol. When I went to the Halloween After Hours last year, lots of folks were dressed up.

We have attended the party for the last few years, save for the most recent two when it wasn't or wasn't the same. I don't believe that the August parties sell out, except for maybe the first one. I think you could Google to see which ones eventually sold out in the past, but of course, in the Upside Down that is 2022, things are hard to predict. Will there be a big turnout from people who are starved for Boo To You? Maybe. If I had to bet, I'd say you'll be ok. That being said, we are going to the August 23rd event and already have our tickets. Some of our costumes are being made (!) and I've invested a lot into this. I'm hoping that the only scary thing about it are the ticket prices! :earseek::rotfl:

Man, do I love Halloween!

Thanks, I think we are going to take our chances and wait to buy the tickets. It's too expensive to lose if there's an issue with the flights. We're really hoping we arrive the day before as planned and the tickets aren't sold out, we always enjoy their parties!

I purchased my tickets online and the email said to go to Guest Services to pick up the tickets. Is this accurate as they are listed within the My Disney Experience? We plan on arriving at 4 and having dinner at Be Our Guest. I have 4:15 reservations and am wondering if I can get through a line at Will Call as well as the one inside to get our bands? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

I purchased my tickets online and the email said to go to Guest Services to pick up the tickets. Is this accurate as they are listed within the My Disney Experience? We plan on arriving at 4 and having dinner at Be Our Guest. I have 4:15 reservations and am wondering if I can get through a line at Will Call as well as the one inside to get our bands? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
You do not need to pick up the physical tickets if you have MagicBands, other hard tickets or room keys which are linked to your MDE profiles. They all act the same way for tapping in at the gate.

However, if you don't have the above you can pick up your tickets at any guest relations location at any time. You do not need to wait until the day of the party and it does not have to be at the MK. You could go to Disney Springs and get them ahead of time if it's more convenient.

Let me preface this by saying I know this isn't smart use of my time. We will be attending MNSSHP at the end of September. We plan on entering the park at 4:00 and going straight to Jungle Cruise. Our original plan was to eat a late lunch before entering the park. But we are thinking of maybe doing this instead...
The Wave was always our favorite restaurant, and we definitely want to eat at SH71. There is really not another night that this will work well, and I know the Contemporary is a short walk from MK. I thought maybe we could do JC and then walk over to the Contemporary to eat before the party starts. My issue is if we decide to eat there, what time should I make the ADR since I'll have no idea what the standby line will look like for JC. Any suggestions?

Let me preface this by saying I know this isn't smart use of my time. We will be attending MNSSHP at the end of September. We plan on entering the park at 4:00 and going straight to Jungle Cruise. Our original plan was to eat a late lunch before entering the park. But we are thinking of maybe doing this instead...
The Wave was always our favorite restaurant, and we definitely want to eat at SH71. There is really not another night that this will work well, and I know the Contemporary is a short walk from MK. I thought maybe we could do JC and then walk over to the Contemporary to eat before the party starts. My issue is if we decide to eat there, what time should I make the ADR since I'll have no idea what the standby line will look like for JC. Any suggestions?

You can try touringplans.com to get a guess of what the wait time will be. Thrillparkdata also has historical wait times, but not predictions. However, my recommendation would be to get an early dinner and then go to MK so you don't have to worry about timing it just right. I think at 4pm you might still have the daytime guests in line since they can get in line any time before park close and still ride so I don't think it would be a shorter wait. I may be wrong.

You can try touringplans.com to get a guess of what the wait time will be. Thrillparkdata also has historical wait times, but not predictions. However, my recommendation would be to get an early dinner and then go to MK so you don't have to worry about timing it just right. I think at 4pm you might still have the daytime guests in line since they can get in line any time before park close and still ride so I don't think it would be a shorter wait. I may be wrong.
I wish an early dinner would work. But SH71 opens at 5:00. There would be no way to get to JC before it closes at 6:00.

If you really want to do this, I’d guess an ADR between 5:30-6:00pm would be fine? But it really does seem stressful, especially if the JC wait is over an hour or the ride goes down. Plus, once you get in to do one ride, you’re probably going to want to stay at the MK.

Could you book the latest lunch at SH71 instead?

I wish an early dinner would work. But SH71 opens at 5:00. There would be no way to get to JC before it closes at 6:00.
Here are the predictive wait times for jungle Cruise: https://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/attractions/jungle-cruise/wait-times

If you make a touring plan on this site for the day you’re going and force jungle cruise at 4 PM, you can get a slightly better estimate, but it will of course still be an estimate. Remember that you can arrive 15 minutes early and up to 20 minutes late for a dining reservation so that gives you a little bit of wiggle to play with although not too much.

If you really want to do this, I’d guess an ADR between 5:30-6:00pm would be fine? But it really does seem stressful, especially if the JC wait is over an hour or the ride goes down. Plus, once you get in to do one ride, you’re probably going to want to stay at the MK.

Could you book the latest lunch at SH71 instead?
No steak at lunch, which is the reason we go. You have very valid points! Not sure if it's worth the stress.
Here are the predictive wait times for jungle Cruise: https://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/attractions/jungle-cruise/wait-times

If you make a touring plan on this site for the day you’re going and force jungle cruise at 4 PM, you can get a slightly better estimate, but it will of course still be an estimate. Remember that you can arrive 15 minutes early and up to 20 minutes late for a dining reservation so that gives you a little bit of wiggle to play with although not too much.
Thanks so much for the information. It is very helpful!

If you are thinking of skipping one of the two experiences, I would suggest skipping Jungle Cruise. Nothing against it, but for me, you ride jungle cruise for the jokes and you can get those laughs watching a YouTube video of the ride (or several), whereas most other attractions, no video will really give you the full experience. I’ve always felt missing out on jungle cruise is worth having an hour added back to my day for something else.

If you are thinking of skipping one of the two experiences, I would suggest skipping Jungle Cruise. Nothing against it, but for me, you ride jungle cruise for the jokes and you can get those laughs watching a YouTube video of the ride (or several), whereas most other attractions, no video will really give you the full experience. I’ve always felt missing out on jungle cruise is worth having an hour added back to my day for something else.
I’m actually not a huge JC fan, but we have decided not to come back for a while so this is kind of a goodbye trip. Trying to get all of our favorites in is proving difficult with all the new Disney rules.

Last edited:
I finally was able to nail my husband down on a costume!! I tried to get him to be Hercules since he's beefy and I'd be Meg, but he refused to wear a skirt. 🤣 I kept the beefy thing and tried for Maui and Te Fiti, but he refused. I tried to get him to do Aladdin and Jasmine too, but he wasn't into that either. SO no couple costume for us! He ended up settling on Ned Land (the harpooner) from his beloved 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I'll be Tinkerbell since my family seems to think that's the best fit for me. (Am I offended? Complimented? I'm not sure...) Teen son will be Hades and daughter will be Pluto.

All of our costumes are mostly color matched t-shirts and shorts cuz it's likely to be HOT still in mid-September and our primary objectives are rides, parade and fireworks- gotta be able to move! Then a few easy accessories and touches of makeup- hat, earring, and cardboard ukulele if he's feeling ambitious for hubs; bun, pom poms for my sneakers, red lips, and wings & tulle skirt that might drive me nuts for me; blue hair wax, darkened eyes, maybe black/blue lips, and a short "toga cape" with skull "pin" for son; high pigtails, black nose dot, and a literal dog collar for daughter.

We LOVE Halloween and I am so excited for the party! We're going on our first full day. What a way to kick off our big vaca!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter