"Official" 2022 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Boo this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's insane! And my party night of course. 😔🙄 how is opening night, a Friday, and then the Friday after the 16th open, but a Tuesday sells out?? Makes no sense. I'm a little worried about the crowds now.
Maybe everyone was assuming, as was I, that a Tuesday would be less crowded so everyone decided to go then? I'm still on the fence about going, and don't really want to take a chance on buying tickets way ahead of time because with my luck it would pour rain the whole time.

That's insane! And my party night of course. 😔🙄 how is opening night, a Friday, and then the Friday after the 16th open, but a Tuesday sells out?? Makes no sense. I'm a little worried about the crowds now.
Many people avoid the first party because of the lack of details about characters, and their locations, etc… and to avoid the vloggers. So the 2nd party often becomes more popular.

Maybe everyone was assuming, as was I, that a Tuesday would be less crowded so everyone decided to go then? I'm still on the fence about going, and don't really want to take a chance on buying tickets way ahead of time because with my luck it would pour rain the whole time.
Ha! My first Halloween event was last year and I was at the rained out party. It was bad.
Many people avoid the first party because of the lack of details about characters, and their locations, etc… and to avoid the vloggers. So the 2nd party often becomes more popular.
I'm in universal for the Friday after mine and almost switched up disney/universal because the hotel choices were better. I would have then went to the Friday. 🤷‍♀️

Also true I think. If you have a choice between a couple of parties, most people will try to choose a weeknight over a weekend to avoid crowds. But the first few parties are always popular.

I'm in universal for the Friday after mine and almost switched up disney/universal because the hotel choices were better. I would have then went to the Friday. 🤷‍♀️
We usually go to the first few parties. I really think both parties will feel just as crowded. It will be okay. Just pray for no rain, because bad weather is the worst. Just go with the flow. :goodvibes

August 16th now sold out

Now that an August party has sold out in July, I’m wondering if more August parties will start to quickly sell out. People who were on the fence about which date to choose may start to panic and buy tickets now in case they get shut out.
Yep. That’s me. I mean omg I had planned on the 16th and never thought it would sell out so I held off buying since so much can be up in the air with travel these days. Now I pulled the trigger and went to Plan B on the 19th before I lost all options.

Yep. That’s me. I mean omg I had planned on the 16th and never thought it would sell out so I held off buying since so much can be up in the air with travel these days. Now I pulled the trigger and went to Plan B on the 19th before I lost all options.
Good call. I’d have done the same. :thumbsup2

People are wising up that a Tuesday has traditionally had less crowds, and there are more people beginning to take notice of the early parties. I am planning to go on August 19th. I am going on a cruise out of Port Canaveral the next day, so figured I could do AK and MNSSHP that day. My back up is August 30th for the party though. Plus, people are more worried about money these days, so are looking at less expensive dates for their favorite events.

Same night I am choosing as my first choice. Just worked out to be the most convenient.

Wow! I'm going the 19th, bought tickets ages ago. I have to wonder if they've reduced the number of tickets sold? Wishful thinking I suppose. lol
Looks like a few of us may be going that night. I am purchasing my ticket over the next couple of days.

It's the 2nd night, but it's the first night a lower price point. It's a difference of $30 per ticket to wait for the 2nd night so I imagine that's why it sold out first.

I'd like some clarification please: in the introductory information for the party, it states that one does not need to have a park reservation at MK if they have a ticket to MNNSHP, however, the CM I spoke with when I bought my ticket said I did. Which is right? I am going to the party on Sept. 9, so do I need a MK park ressie for that day?

I'd like some clarification please: in the introductory information for the party, it states that one does not need to have a park reservation at MK if they have a ticket to MNNSHP, however, the CM I spoke with when I bought my ticket said I did. Which is right? I am going to the party on Sept. 9, so do I need a MK park ressie for that day?
No. You only need a ticket and park reservation if you want to go before 4.

To enter MK at 4pm on your MNSSHP ticket, you do not need a reservation. In fact, that ticket type can't make a park reservation, anyway.

If you are using additional ticket media (day ticket, AP) to enter another park or to enter MK before 4pm, you need a park reservation.

August 16th now sold out

@monique5
That is odd. The first party of the year, filled with vloggers wouldn't be a surprise to me. The 2nd, on a weeknight does. Then again, I remember back when parties would sell out and somehow magically there would be more availability later on. so that sold out may not stick.

We gave up on MNSSHP years ago because of the over crowding but I would love to go back when we go in September. I'm waiting though until I see some reports on crowd levels. If it's like it was before they stopped them, it's a big no for me. Hopefully they won't sell out until at least I see what the experience is, but I'm not risking wasting that kind of money again.

Then again, I remember back when parties would sell out and somehow magically there would be more availability later on. so that sold out may not stick.

I don’t remember that. It seemed like pre-pandemic, a sold-out party meant sold-out.

Perhaps you are thinking of the Boo-Bash After Hours Event..where tickets were magically available day-of for a sold-out event. Sheesh, I hope the parties are not like that. We skipped Boo-Bash, so have no clue what the crowds were like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter