Official 2023 Halloween Horror Nights 32 (Orlando)

They haven't even announced dates yet, right?
Not yet.

Many expected the dates to be announced with the new Ghostbusters movie which I though was tomorrow, but seems as if it might be today - so IDK. Not all that interested in it, other than will it be in HHN.

Seems like its about time for the dates...tickets might be a little longer ... and multi nights longer than that :(

I do hope the can space things out better this year and not just dump it all at once.

Couldn’t remember if they released dates and single night tickets all at once last year or not

Couldn’t remember if they released dates and single night tickets all at once last year or not
I think they did 🤓
Yeah looks as is both were on the March 23rd last year for dates and single day tickets
The multiday tickets were a bit later - July 13th.

Also the multilight tickets sold Out on October 1st (I think the price also went up during September)

EDIT: Fixed the dates - here is a link to the exact dates at the start of this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/o...orror-nights-32-orlando.3913739/post-64693199

Last edited:

If you are going to HHN and have a Universal AP, the AP hotel rates are out for September. I didn’t check how far out they go. Was able to call and switch my already booked SF room to AP and save $20 per night roughly which will help pay the parking charge

If you are going to HHN and have a Universal AP, the AP hotel rates are out for September. I didn’t check how far out they go. Was able to call and switch my already booked SF room to AP and save $20 per night roughly which will help pay the parking charge
Not seeing any October yet - :(

As always its a good idea to book the rate you can live with as you can always change it later - in many cases I am no longer seeing the stay more save more rates in October.
I'm not that concerned as that stuff changes all the time - but better safe than sorry.

Don't expect we will hear anything this week since Epic is the focus.

Most of the folks that report on HHN are saying next week...so lets hope so.

With all the energy being used for Epic I sure hope they don't drop the ball with HHN.
I really don't think I can tolerate another mediocre year, especially with all the price increases.

Don't expect we will hear anything this week since Epic is the focus.

Most of the folks that report on HHN are saying next week...so lets hope so.

With all the energy being used for Epic I sure hope they don't drop the ball with HHN.
I really don't think I can tolerate another mediocre year, especially with all the price increases.
Was hoping they would have already released dates

Was hoping they would have already released dates
Yeah - its usually in late March - at least the last couple of years.

For me the dates are not all that important as we know they will be September and October, but the start date can make a difference for many people.

Although the dates last year did have a surprise for me when they did not have HHN on the Monday before Halloween and they added the Saturday after Halloween which completely messed up my plans with the multilight ticket..

Yeah - its usually in late March - at least the last couple of years.

For me the dates are not all that important as we know they will be September and October, but the start date can make a difference for many people.

Although the dates last year did have a surprise for me when they did not have HHN on the Monday before Halloween and they added the Saturday after Halloween which completely messed up my plans with the multilight ticket..
Yeah, we have day tickets and he’d rock booked for mid October but was hoping to just go ahead and buy tickets for budget purposes

Just another rumor I heard - this may be specific to Hollywood I'm not sure.
When one of the youtubers renewed his AP he was informed of this change.

If you have the top level AP you will need a reservation to use your free HHN ticket.

I think in the past it was just certain nights, but you did not need a reservation.

Its possible this will be better as maybe they will have more nights available - I guess it remains to be seen.

Has anyone who has this pass heard anything like that?

Just another rumor I heard - this may be specific to Hollywood I'm not sure.
When one of the youtubers renewed his AP he was informed of this change.

If you have the top level AP you will need a reservation to use your free HHN ticket.

I think in the past it was just certain nights, but you did not need a reservation.

Its possible this will be better as maybe they will have more nights available - I guess it remains to be seen.

Has anyone who has this pass heard anything like that?
This rumor came around during the event or at the end last year. It’s actually not a rumor. It’s in the rules for Orlando for 2025.

Yeah - it’s usually in late March - at least the last couple of years.
last few, yes. It’s been later, recall one year the RIPs were sold in August

Was

IMG_4946.jpeg
for announcement before firing up the annual thread. Agree it seems we are starved for info this year, likely as no early house announcements as last season

If i ran the Universe, I’d:

1. announce at least a couple of houses along with the eventual announcement of HHN dates, then add one house a month to keep buzz humming

2. not sell any HHN tix on the actual day of announcement. Let excitement build. to avoid overloading the website and phones, list a specific date tix sales will begin and staff accordingly.

3. Set up sales eligibility to commence on staggered dates, based upon affinity: AP holders initially (a different start day for each level). Then, the pricier package purchasers, FL residents, lastly general sales

Likely not a popular idea lol, do think a Smart gesture to perceive rewarding “their best” customers while also churning sales of the APs. My understanding the AP numbers are down, many of us took a break waiting to see what Epic U brings. Just might help keep that phone logjam down too.

Why was last year mediocre? I've never been (yet), so I don't really have a frame of reference. I do plan on going this year though, so I hope it's a good year!

Why was last year mediocre? I've never been (yet), so I don't really have a frame of reference. I do plan on going this year though, so I hope it's a good year!
If you read through this thread you can see all the varying opinions.

I've been numerous times and the last few years have not been great - especially compared to what it used to be.

Its become very watered down. The scare zones were understaffed and really have just become selfie zones.
They are also nowhere near as aggressive as they used to be - they could never touch you - but they could really mess with people and it was a lot of the fun of HHN. They just don't do that anymore - they are pretty much not allowed to.

On top of that there in large parts of the parks that used to have things going on that are now dead zones.
So the minions area and the Simpsons area are not really part of HHN anymore IMO.
The Simpsons area used to be a lot of fun to just sit and watch.

People who have only gone the last few years seem to be happy enough with it - and they have extremely large crowds - so this works for Universal.

I feel the have watered it down and made it a bit too family friendly for lack of a better description. This pretty much started with Stranger Things and the crowd it bring in. I like Stranger Things - but it brings in a lot of under 18s and a much younger crowd.

There is a wide array of opinions - that is just mine.

If you read through this thread you can see all the varying opinions.

I've been numerous times and the last few years have not been great - especially compared to what it used to be.

Its become very watered down. The scare zones were understaffed and really have just become selfie zones.
They are also nowhere near as aggressive as they used to be - they could never touch you - but they could really mess with people and it was a lot of the fun of HHN. They just don't do that anymore - they are pretty much not allowed to.

On top of that there in large parts of the parks that used to have things going on that are now dead zones.
So the minions area and the Simpsons area are not really part of HHN anymore IMO.
The Simpsons area used to be a lot of fun to just sit and watch.

People who have only gone the last few years seem to be happy enough with it - and they have extremely large crowds - so this works for Universal.

I feel the have watered it down and made it a bit too family friendly for lack of a better description. This pretty much started with Stranger Things and the crowd it bring in. I like Stranger Things - but it brings in a lot of under 18s and a much younger crowd.

There is a wide array of opinions - that is just mine.

Tony, that is exactly the reasons we`re not going to the event this year and we`ve been doing HHN since 2007.

You hit the nail for me with your comments. For us, it`s not the same unmissable event it used to be.

Bummer that I missed it all these years when it was better. Still, I hope this year is decent. Either way, it will be fun to see it for the first time. I'm sure it will beat the Halloween events at the local parks.

Bummer that I missed it all these years when it was better. Still, I hope this year is decent. Either way, it will be fun to see it for the first time. I'm sure it will beat the Halloween events at the local parks.
I would make your own judgement if it's good or not. I didn't go last year, but I have been going every since 2018. A lot of people think it's not as scary as it used to be. It's never been scary for me; no haunted house has been in the last 20 years. However, I still enjoy them. I think a lot of people are becoming desensitized to the scares as they go. I know people who have been going for over 20 years, and they still enjoy it. Every year is different. Each year the houses and scare zones are different. The amount of money and creativity they put into the houses and scarezones in general is very good. I have noticed in general, since covid, that groups in the theme park arena, including some of my close friends, have become disillusioned with their interest. I don't know if those things have changed, their expectations changed, or they are just becoming bored. It's OK. People don't have to like everything, all the time, forever. But I would judge for yourself, especially since you have never been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter