"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are wait times for attractions generally lower during the day before MK closes for MNSSHP? I hear it can be less crowded...
It’s the day off, not the day before. The day of the park closes early and there are no fireworks, so some don’t want to waste a ticket.

The day before? No. It’s generally a lot busier as is the day after the party. The party day fe open - 4 pm is pretty dead
This is what I meant. Sorry for the confusion. I was asking for the crowd level on MNSSHP days from park open - 6PM (I guess 4PM technically since it'll be open for the MNSSHP ticket guests). Thanks for your response!

Are wait times for attractions generally lower during the day before MK closes for MNSSHP? I hear it can be less crowded...
Yes, definitely. Until 4PM the park is much less empty than non-party days than on party days. We plan our MK days to be there on party days.

This picture of random days in 2022 during party season. It shows how crowds are lower on party days.

IMG_1624.jpeg

Yes, up until 4:00 party days are some of the lowest crowd days you will find at MK because peopel without parkhoppers favor other parks with longer hours.

Reports 9/15 are sold out. So, it’s not a rolling thing like last year.

Anyone still waiting to get tickets for their party, best to grab them now!

Also, not sure which one you are going to, but 8/15 and 8/22 are now sold out, so will be packed as usual for the fireworks, weather permitting.
We're going on 8/29. I figure it will sell out too, eventually. The only reason I'm hesitating about the dessert party is because I'm trying to decide between doing it for our MNSSHP night or the following night when we'll be at MK for HEA. I have heard, anecdotally, that the non-party nights can get pretty hectic for people viewing HEA, so I wonder if we'd feel the "need" for the dessert party more for that night. But in August, it's only 2 parties a week, so the clamour to watch HEA on other nights might not be as bad as later in the season. I have dessert parties booked for both nights. I could keep both, but I don't think we'd be too excited about eating the same offerings two nights in a row. Plus it's so expensive - although this is a blow-out never-coming-back-so-let's-do-it-all kind of trip, so we could do both ...

If I could do both, I absolutely would. I am not a fan of fighting to maintain my spot.

I have the Halloween dessert party booked (Aug 15) because these FW are more important to me. If I can't hack the crowd for HEA on Aug 12, I'll just skip it.
That's kind of where I'm leaning - keep the one for the Halloween party and then wing it for watching HEA the next night. If we can't find a good spot, then watch from behind the castle or over by Big Thunder Mountain. This is our 2nd trip to WDW, we saw HEA last time (but it was 4 years ago!), but have never been to a Halloween party or seen the Halloween fireworks.

I booked the Tomorrowland Terrace dessert party. It sounds crazy, but then I think about how we’ve never seen the fireworks, and I am going to want to sit down by then, so I booked it 😂. How late can we check in without getting in trouble? It says check in an hour before, but surely there is some leeway in case I’m trucking it across the park with a sleepy queen of hearts.

I have dessert parties booked for both nights.

If I could do both, I absolutely would. I am not a fan of fighting to maintain my spot.

I 100% agree with @123SA. We are doing both HEA and MNSSHP Garden Parties on this trip. If you can, I’d go for it.

How late can we check in without getting in trouble?
You can likely check in at any time leading up to the party and even after it starts. But, once the fireworks start, they stop serving alcohol. Also, seating is first come first serve. So those that get there first get the “better” seats. Last dessert party we attended, we arrived about 20 mins before the fireworks started, and were next to last to arrive.

What is the first party? I’m definitely gonna have to stand in line for the dwarfs hands-down

Were the sold out parties in Aug last year slower than the sold out parties in October? Or are the crowds the same?

Were the sold out parties in Aug last year slower than the sold out parties in October? Or are the crowds the same?
I believe it’s assumed the ticket count is the same across the board. I guess the major unknown is weather… also, in October, the stage show does have an extra performance time so that spreads out that specific crowd a little bit.

8/22 is also sold out. That makes all parties in August, except the first and last (for now). I wonder if the price has made the first party hold on for this long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter