"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought our tickets for the 10/24 party, which happens to be our 13th wedding anniversary! We have an anni trip elsewhere planned for the first week of November but for the day itself we're gonna enjoy some MNSSHP festivities! And then crash for the night at ASMu so we don't have to fight I4 traffic home at 1AM. :goodvibes

In what way might it affect the Hollywood Studios meet n greet?

If it is because he can only be in one park
I'm confident they have more than one costume. Mickey meets in numerous rooms in the same building in MK at the same time.

Also, the meet and greet at HS stops at like 5pm so way before the party.

lol that’s how I feel about Nightmare Before Christmas. People LOVE that movie and I just never thought it was anything special, and I am surprised I have not been tarred and feathered for voicing my indifference to it.
Burn her, she's a witch!

Jk, I feel the same about alot of the more newer popular movies, like Encanto, but I do like NBC, especially during Halloween season. We can be tarred and feathered together for different things lol.

Anyone going to the first party on the 11th? I am considering it but am seeing how hot it has been and wondering if I will be miserable. Plus I read somewhere a lot of bloggers are there for the first party. Anyone have any experience with first party of the year?

I see lots of talk about the popular characters like Jack & Sally and the Dwarfs, but the only characters I really want to meet are the Alice characters. I know we don't know if they will even be there this year, but in the past they have come out and alternated between Alice & the Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts, and the Tweedles. My family is dressing as these characters and I really would love to meet all of them. Does anyone know how long their lines usually are?

Anyone going to the first party on the 11th? I am considering it but am seeing how hot it has been and wondering if I will be miserable. Plus I read somewhere a lot of bloggers are there for the first party. Anyone have any experience with first party of the year?
Do be aware there is a $40/ticket premium for the first party vs later parties in Aug in case you have a choice of dates.

I know the party goes on even in bad weather. Is the first week of September just doomed to be full of rain? I know DH will be miserable if it would just downpour the whole night. I am debating not even bothering with tickets. We are most interested in the parade and fireworks.

Do be aware there is a $40/ticket premium for the first party vs later parties in Aug in case you have a choice of dates.
Yeah I see that...it is the only date I will be there. Wonder why they charge more for the first party anyway. Visiting my son during that week and the only party offered so its that one or none.

Bloggers would not bother me at all. I know people mention that as a potential downside but they're just taking video and photos. Actually there are some I watch that I wouldn't mind running into lol.

Yes it will be hot, but really most of the parties will be hot.

Yeah I see that...it is the only date I will be there. Wonder why they charge more for the first party anyway. Visiting my son during that week and the only party offered so its that one or none.
It used to be one of the first to sell out I think because everyone wanted to go opening night and Disney finally caught on.

Personally I’d go for it. The weather is a risk but the party is so much fun. I wouldn’t worry about Bloggers, I don’t recall people complaining about them before.

Does anyone know if the desserts offered at the fireworks dessert party are specially themed during the Halloween party? Or would it be the same spread as currently offered at the regular HEA dessert party? Thanks for any info!
I did the dessert party last year and for the most part a lot of the desserts were the same as the regular party. They were just renamed to a Halloween theme. The were maybe two desserts that were exclusive to the event.

I did the dessert party last year and for the most part a lot of the desserts were the same as the regular party. They were just renamed to a Halloween theme. The were maybe two desserts that were exclusive to the event.
Did you feel like the dessert party was worth doing? I am on the fence about it. I have the garden viewing one reserved, but not sure if I should keep the reservation or if it‘s not necessary - we’re going on a Tuesday in August.

I know the party goes on even in bad weather. Is the first week of September just doomed to be full of rain? I know DH will be miserable if it would just downpour the whole night. I am debating not even bothering with tickets. We are most interested in the parade and fireworks.
If you buy the tickets from UT, you can cancel anytime before the event, possibly even the day of. They have now changed their 90 day refund to 365.

Refund Policy​

365-Day Return Policy - 95% of the item(s) order amount will be refunded back to you. Yup, we are friendly frogs. The 5% fee will cover the delivery, handling and the processing fees associated with accepting payment and fulfilling the order. Tickets must have been purchased within the last 365 days and not gone past the start date selected. They cannot have been modified by Disney Guest Services or through My Disney Experience or been activated by entering the park. Expired tickets, or any ticket not currently sold on this site are non-refundable. Please contact our customer service team so we can give you instructions to make the process run smoothly.

Expiration​

Ticket expires upon redemption and is only valid on selected visit date.

Did you feel like the dessert party was worth doing? I am on the fence about it. I have the garden viewing one reserved, but not sure if I should keep the reservation or if it‘s not necessary - we’re going on a Tuesday in August.
I did the seated party and was solo, so yes it was worth it for me. The day of my party had off and on rain throughout and the break from being wet and walking through puddles may play a part in why I found it worth it as well. Overall the desserts are nothing to write home about but not being in the sea of humanity with a glass of wine was nice. Just keep in mind there is always a chance of rain so is it worth it for you to pay for desserts and skip some of the specialty items being served throughout the party?

Ahhh, gotcha. Thank you for sharing!

I think it is worth doing for the view and not having to jockey so heavily for a great spot. The area along the front will fill up first, and cast members will encourage everyone to move forward and fill in the spaces. We like to move back and stand along the back rail where they park strollers. You will still be standing, but it's not shoulder-to-shoulder.

I do not think it's worth it for the food. I see it as paying for a spot; the food and drink are a perk. Because fireworks are our favorite, we enjoy the garden view vs. the party view, as most seating at Tomorrowland Terrace does not let you fully see the projections on the lower half of the castle.

In addition, last year we went on a Tuesday and watched the fireworks in the hub on the adventure land side. It was jammed packed, and I ended up holding my DD8 as much as I could so she could see. OOOF!

If the party is in your budget, I say go for it. For this trip, we are forgoing dinner reservations to prioritize fireworks parties. We might sneak in a character meal if we haven't blown the budget on shopping. :rotfl:

We're going the week of Sept 17th, doing the Halloween party on the 17th. Overall for the week ,will there be a big difference in crowds as opposed to the previous week or the week after?

Also, not sure which one you are going to, but 8/15 and 8/22 are now sold out, so will be packed as usual for the fireworks, weather permitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter