"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't try to buy Genie. But yes I got on around 7:30am and decided to try for Tron. It displayed all times btw- I picked 4:05 and had no trouble buying. I don't think it would have let me buy an earlier time.
We only had party tickets.

Btw if I had it to do again, given that we didn't want to meet characters, we would have come over an hour later to avoid that first rush. We came at 340 to make sure we got in for Tron.
This is huge news! We are only there for the party and my husband is excited to ride TRON but I'm anxious what if we don't get a BG. Hate to pay for it but it is what it is when that's his #1 priority and he's humoring me with the party add on before our cruise.

I am sure it is in there and i missed it, but i am trying to find out if i should go to MK on one of the days the MNSSHP is happening or switch to a non party day? if our main goal would to see fireworks and get extra time in the park mainly for more rides, is the extra for the party worth it?

I didn't try to buy Genie. But yes I got on around 7:30am and decided to try for Tron. It displayed all times btw- I picked 4:05 and had no trouble buying. I don't think it would have let me buy an earlier time.
We only had party tickets.

Btw if I had it to do again, given that we didn't want to meet characters, we would have come over an hour later to avoid that first rush. We came at 340 to make sure we got in for Tron.

Wow, that is good to hear! I will also try in the morning to get it.

Any report on how the 7 Dwarfs meet and greet times were last night. I'm going on Friday and that is my #1 priority.

Any report on how the 7 Dwarfs meet and greet times were last night. I'm going on Friday and that is my #1 priority.
I saw reports on facebook of a party that was near the front of the line to get in at 4, went right to Jack & Sally, were a half dozen or so parties back and were done by 4:15. Another party was also in line to get in at 4 but much further back, took them about 2.5 hours to get through the queue. So a lot rides on how close to the front of the line you are to get in the park.
On the app, I saw wait times being reported as high as 240 minutes and as low as 90 minutes IIRC.

Does anyone know of somewhere sharing the status of same-day-ticket-availability? I'm wondering if there's some Facebook group or something out there that post pictures of the 'sold out' or 'limited tickets available' signs they put out day of.

Does anyone know of somewhere sharing the status of same-day-ticket-availability? I'm wondering if there's some Facebook group or something out there that post pictures of the 'sold out' or 'limited tickets available' signs they put out day of.

As far as I know, there have been no reports of same day tickets being advertised as available. It doesn't mean you may not luck out adding 1 ticket at guest services or something, but Disney has not been advertising it.

I saw reports on facebook of a party that was near the front of the line to get in at 4, went right to Jack & Sally, were a half dozen or so parties back and were done by 4:15. Another party was also in line to get in at 4 but much further back, took them about 2.5 hours to get through the queue. So a lot rides on how close to the front of the line you are to get in the park.
On the app, I saw wait times being reported as high as 240 minutes and as low as 90 minutes IIRC.
I believe you are talking about Jack and Sally, I am wondering about the 7 dwarfs meet and greet. The highest I saw it last night on the app was at 120.

We were watching some of the videos from the first party and noticed the huge scoops of candy they were giving out. Did that happen at the second party also? They were much larger than in previous years.

My daughter and I went to last nights party. I went to one around the same time last year.
The worst part was the line to get into the park. We arrived around 3:40 and the line wasn't that bad but it extended along the fence near the buses and there was no shade. We saw a young woman fall and pass out after a few minutes in the very intense sun. She and her boyfriend had very cute costumes so I hope she was okay to continue!
We did not find the park crowded at all. Rode Tron (which I was able to buy ILL for that morning despite just having a party ticket and no other park reservations), Buzz, BTMRR, Jungle Cruise and Pirates before 6:30. Had a snack, watched Cadaver Dans first show while getting candy, rode HM, tea cups, Space, Laugh floor treats and then did the Dessert party which was about 1/3 full.
More treats, watched fireworks from again a mostly empty plaza garden area (less than 1/4 of what it was last year), went to Frontierland shopping, watched 11:15 parade, followed the parade then broke off and rode HM again to end the night.
We don't do characters but enjoy the shows etc. we could have ridden seven dwarves as well but it's not our favorite so we skipped it and headed out right around midnight.
It was a great time.
Dessert party was very similar to last year. White wine was better! They also had chocolate covered amaretti which were very good.
So you were able to purchase an ILL for Tron? That’s great, what time did you have to purchase it and what time did you get on the ride?

I am sure it is in there and i missed it, but i am trying to find out if i should go to MK on one of the days the MNSSHP is happening or switch to a non party day? if our main goal would to see fireworks and get extra time in the park mainly for more rides, is the extra for the party worth it?
Going to MK the morning of a party is an excellent idea if you have hopper tickets. Crowds are low since non-hopper guests usually avoid it. MK nights on non-party days are always hectic. Walls of people, especially Saturday. If it were me and I had hoppers I would do MK in the morning of a party day and hop to another park at night. Then I would attend the party on it's own day. If I didn't want to waste a full ticket with a partial park morning I would take a rest/resort/pool morning and afternoon and do the party that night.

True that being in the front has it's advantage, but you also have to contend with guests that have annual passes or large multi-day tickets that are already in MK scoping out the first spot in line hours before party guests can even be let in. They start building the line while party ticket only guests are corralled outside the MK gate.

October 5 is showing as an available date again after being marked as 'Sold Out' just over 2.5 hours ago.
It appears that September 10th may be the next date to sell out, it's teetering between available and sold out right now. Unless it pulls an October 5 which did the same for a few hours but has since come back consistently as available (as of this writing!)

Is your primary goal for fireworks to see the Halloween fireworks, or the show on regular nights, Happily Ever After? Halloween show is on party nights, and HEA is on nonparty nights.

We were watching some of the videos from the first party and noticed the huge scoops of candy they were giving out. Did that happen at the second party also? They were much larger than in previous years.

It depended on the stand you went too. As the evening got later, the more generous they were with the candy. Heard a woman say on the bus she felt the candy could have more variety. I thought it was pretty good, but mostly chocolate.

Looking to Shop The Halloween Party Merchandise - does anyone know if they only start Sales at 7pm when Party starts or if you can shop it at 4pm when you can gain entry? Thanks in advance for your input
all of the merchandise that I looked at was able to be purchased at anytime. Disney springs has it as well. There might have been some things I missed but I thought everything was there.

Just got back from a four day trip with a friend - with the highlight being Tuesday’s party since it was the first one that either of us attended. We got to the boat dock at WL around 3:30, had a bit of a wait, and arrived at MK at 4 pm. The hot weather was unforgiving until the sun went down. From 4-4:30 we were in the line for party entry. As others have mentioned, it had basically no shade/cover so definitely plan for the weather accordingly.

At 6 pm, we got #163 for Tron with no issues and everyone else around us got a group. I wasn’t tracking time exactly but we were called back sometime after 8. Our wait was only about 20 min.

Space Mountain was the longest ride wait we had for the night. It was posted as 30 min and it took <20 to get through the queue, but the right side (as you‘re walking in the queue) went down right as we were about to board on the other side. The CM told us that they had to get some riders down from the tracks but we decided to wait it out. We made it off the ride by 10 pm and I saw that it went down again shortly after that.

Overall, we got in at 4:30 and we prioritized the rides vs. characters. We still fit in 11 rides with some treat trails moving at a leisurely “family style” pace - with a few bathroom breaks, snack lines, the Space breakdown, and even spending ~30 min of sitting at Cosmic Rays just for the AC. We saw the fireworks, the 11:15 parade, and the 12:00 am stage show. We could’ve fit in SDMT and maybe a few others if we opted to get out of the Space queue when it was down too. It was a great experience for the price and I would recommend it for anyone. We’re hoping to be back next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter