"Official" 2023 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Let's Get Spooky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife (along with her sister and two kids) went last night. We've been to many, many parties and she did think it was pretty crowded just walking around. That being said, the ride lines were short to non existent most of the party. They mode 7DMT during first parade and it was only 15 min wait (posted was 30). Got a Tron VQ and it got called around 11 so they waited until 11:45ish to actually do it. No wait at all once up there. Watched 2nd parade. Got a spot right at tape near Liberty Square Market at 10:50 (that's our favorite spot for both Christmas and Halloween parades because once it's over, you can make a quick getaway back to 7DMT or anything back in Fantasyland).

The stores were open well past midnight...she thinks they were in Emporium around 12:45 and they weren't kicking people out yet.

The later you can wait to do Treat lines the better. They ignored them early in the party as they were way too long but in the last 90 min, they disappear and the cast members seem to give more (and you don't have to walk around with it all night).

Agree with the treat lines. They were long at the beginning, and they were more generous towards the end of the party.

(Edited question for clarity)
I'm curious for anyone who was there, other than the BIG ones (Jack/Sally, Dwarfs) which have wait times showing in the app, do the other character M&Gs show an estimated wait time at the end of the line? I saw one vlog which looked like they were showing an estimated wait time for the Stitch line (on one of those temporary poles held by a CM), wondering if they have this at most of the M&G locations like Aladdin, Belle, Ariel, etc. Thanks!

Last edited:
We have tickets for 9/4 and are traveling to only attend MNSSHP. We have gone to this party in the past over the years, including Boo Bash. Staying at the Contemporary for convenience and made a late lunch reservation at Steakhouse 71.

Since we go to WDW often, my goal is to see the parade, show, and fireworks. Anything else is a plus. We also want to try a couple of party-specific treats.

Thanks to those posting about last night's experience and looking forward to seeing more feedback.

I made the mistake of showing my son an influencer video on all the treats and now I’ll be spending most of the night queuing for snacks. 🙃
Same :rotfl2::faint:

Got a spot right at tape near Liberty Square Market at 10:50 (that's our favorite spot for both Christmas and Halloween parades because once it's over, you can make a quick getaway back to 7DMT or anything back in Fantasyland).

The later you can wait to do Treat lines the better. They ignored them early in the party as they were way too long but in the last 90 min, they disappear and the cast members seem to give more (and you don't have to walk around with it all night).

These are excellent tips. Thank you!!

My daughter and I went to last nights party. I went to one around the same time last year.
The worst part was the line to get into the park. We arrived around 3:40 and the line wasn't that bad but it extended along the fence near the buses and there was no shade. We saw a young woman fall and pass out after a few minutes in the very intense sun. She and her boyfriend had very cute costumes so I hope she was okay to continue!
We did not find the park crowded at all. Rode Tron (which I was able to buy ILL for that morning despite just having a party ticket and no other park reservations), Buzz, BTMRR, Jungle Cruise and Pirates before 6:30. Had a snack, watched Cadaver Dans first show while getting candy, rode HM, tea cups, Space, Laugh floor treats and then did the Dessert party which was about 1/3 full.
More treats, watched fireworks from again a mostly empty plaza garden area (less than 1/4 of what it was last year), went to Frontierland shopping, watched 11:15 parade, followed the parade then broke off and rode HM again to end the night.
We don't do characters but enjoy the shows etc. we could have ridden seven dwarves as well but it's not our favorite so we skipped it and headed out right around midnight.
It was a great time.
Dessert party was very similar to last year. White wine was better! They also had chocolate covered amaretti which were very good.

Wife (along with her sister and two kids) went last night. We've been to many, many parties and she did think it was pretty crowded just walking around. That being said, the ride lines were short to non existent most of the party. They mode 7DMT during first parade and it was only 15 min wait (posted was 30). Got a Tron VQ and it got called around 11 so they waited until 11:45ish to actually do it. No wait at all once up there. Watched 2nd parade. Got a spot right at tape near Liberty Square Market at 10:50 (that's our favorite spot for both Christmas and Halloween parades because once it's over, you can make a quick getaway back to 7DMT or anything back in Fantasyland).

The stores were open well past midnight...she thinks they were in Emporium around 12:45 and they weren't kicking people out yet.

Every year treat trails at the end turns out to be golden advice! Those with kids that can’t make it that late don’t have a choice but for the rest of us it’s probably the best line saving tactic all night.

I'm curious for anyone who was there, outside of the BIG ones (Jack/Sally, Dwarfs) do most the character M&Gs show an estimated wait time at the end of the line? I saw one vlog which looked like they were showing an estimated wait time for the Stitch line (on one of those temporary poles held by a CM), wondering if they have this at most of the M&G locations like Aladdin, Belle, Ariel, etc. Thanks!

We saw an estimated wait time outside of Jack/Sally. I believe at the time the estimated time was 220 minutes.

We went last night and thought that it was crowded—the walkways and such just felt crowded. The first parade was super crowded and same with the fireworks.

It was just so bonkers hot and oppressive though. I’ll echo treat trails at the end though.

I saw reports on Twitter that people lined up for Jack and Sally ant 4pm and did not finish until almost 8pm. 😳

The worst part was the line to get into the park. We arrived around 3:40 and the line wasn't that bad but it extended along the fence near the buses and there was no shade.
Thanks for sharing! Super helpful. How long did it take for you to get into the park?

My daughter and I went to last nights party. I went to one around the same time last year.
The worst part was the line to get into the park. We arrived around 3:40 and the line wasn't that bad but it extended along the fence near the buses and there was no shade. We saw a young woman fall and pass out after a few minutes in the very intense sun. She and her boyfriend had very cute costumes so I hope she was okay to continue!
We did not find the park crowded at all. Rode Tron (which I was able to buy ILL for that morning despite just having a party ticket and no other park reservations), Buzz, BTMRR, Jungle Cruise and Pirates before 6:30. Had a snack, watched Cadaver Dans first show while getting candy, rode HM, tea cups, Space, Laugh floor treats and then did the Dessert party which was about 1/3 full.
More treats, watched fireworks from again a mostly empty plaza garden area (less than 1/4 of what it was last year), went to Frontierland shopping, watched 11:15 parade, followed the parade then broke off and rode HM again to end the night.
We don't do characters but enjoy the shows etc. we could have ridden seven dwarves as well but it's not our favorite so we skipped it and headed out right around midnight.
It was a great time.
Dessert party was very similar to last year. White wine was better! They also had chocolate covered amaretti which were very good.

So you ARE able to buy ILL for Tron to ride during the party, or is it for between 4-6pm? I thought I read that you can't buy ILL or is it that you can't buy Genie+?

Does anyone know if the Jungle Cruise is open during the party? In previous years, it wasn't, but I think I remember that it was last year. TIA!

So you ARE able to buy ILL for Tron to ride during the party, or is it for between 4-6pm? I thought I read that you can't buy ILL or is it that you can't buy Genie+?
I didn't try to buy Genie. But yes I got on around 7:30am and decided to try for Tron. It displayed all times btw- I picked 4:05 and had no trouble buying. I don't think it would have let me buy an earlier time.
We only had party tickets.

Btw if I had it to do again, given that we didn't want to meet characters, we would have come over an hour later to avoid that first rush. We came at 340 to make sure we got in for Tron.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter