Official all things Princess Half Weekend 2015 thread! DOoneY and offical mErcH on DisneyParksBLOg

You ladies are so blessed to have run buddy friends!! I did the PHM for the first time in 2012 with 2 girlfriends. After my friends were literally 1 and done. They all complain that the race is too expensive, the travel too expensive. None of them love Disney like my family. Anyway, I do envy you ladies that make it a girls weekend. I love my family to pieces and have always met nice Princess in my corral but you all that come together for a weekend that's so neat!!

We are forming a group of cupcake runners...and welcome everyone to enjoy in on the fun. Just click my PTR link below and come on over...we would love you to join us!

Having fun with a bunch of Disney loving friends is always the best...

We are forming a group of cupcake runners...and welcome everyone to enjoy in on the fun. Just click my PTR link below and come on over...we would love you to join us!

Thank you for the invite. I am heading over to read all about. I am serious that I have friend envy:rotfl2: of all you ladies that can make it a group weekend!

I really WANT to do Princess again; I had SO much fun this year!

I think I'll have to see how finances play out...I'm thinking I can sell my husband on one race per coast each year, but I love Wine and Dine SO much, too. I'll be hanging out in here, though. You know...just in case. :)

I really WANT to do Princess again; I had SO much fun this year!

I think I'll have to see how finances play out...I'm thinking I can sell my husband on one race per coast each year, but I love Wine and Dine SO much, too. I'll be hanging out in here, though. You know...just in case. :)

Sending pixie dust your way for finances!:wizard: I so understand...who ever said running was cheap did not buy the right shoes, spend time in PT, or sign up for Disney races! LOL

Are you already signed up for W&D? I think I read where is it is already sold out...:scared1: That is going to be my next Disney race...I so want to run through AK!

Speaking of expenses, I got a part time job to pay for runDisney. I was a SAHM for 17 years. Last year, I got a part time job decorating cakes at DQ. Stock piling the money as we speak.

You ladies are so blessed to have run buddy friends!! I did the PHM for the first time in 2012 with 2 girlfriends. After my friends were literally 1 and done. They all complain that the race is too expensive, the travel too expensive. None of them love Disney like my family. Anyway, I do envy you ladies that make it a girls weekend. I love my family to pieces and have always met nice Princess in my corral but you all that come together for a weekend that's so neat!!

I don't have running buddies either. I have people I run with here but one hasn't been running long. PHM is a long term goal for her, maybe 2-3 more years.

I want to be a Cupcake Crawler!!! LOL I've gotten through the first few posts. Now I'm off to read more.

Speaking of expenses, I got a part time job to pay for runDisney. I was a SAHM for 17 years. Last year, I got a part time job decorating cakes at DQ. Stock piling the money as we speak.

YAY...I have a little side job of tutoring. All that money goes into my Disney fund...whatever it takes.

I don't have running buddies either. I have people I run with here but one hasn't been running long. PHM is a long term goal for her, maybe 2-3 more years.
I want to be a Cupcake Crawler!!! LOL I've gotten through the first few posts. Now I'm off to read more.

We would love to have you...we are all DIS friends and have come together in past PTR & TRs...and we love new people. It is crazy how the PTR has exploded with people...and it is so much fun dreaming of cupcakes after running the 1/2!

We have all types of experience to from seasoned runners (Carol) to Newbies...and lots in between.

BTW...I love your DIS Name. Makes me smile thinking of my dd when she was 4 that was her favorite movie! She even has a set of Bernard & Bianca ornaments for that year!

We would love to have you...we are all DIS friends and have come together in past PTR & TRs...and we love new people. It is crazy how the PTR has exploded with people...and it is so much fun dreaming of cupcakes after running the 1/2!

We have all types of experience to from seasoned runners (Carol) to Newbies...and lots in between.

BTW...I love your DIS Name. Makes me smile thinking of my dd when she was 4 that was her favorite movie! She even has a set of Bernard & Bianca ornaments for that year!

It's probably one of my most favorite Disney movies. I have a few ornaments, one that was at the Disney store over Christmas 2013 and a few a friend sent me when she was cleaning out her house.
I'm still reading the other thread. I will post and then read some more.

Sending pixie dust your way for finances!:wizard: I so understand...who ever said running was cheap did not buy the right shoes, spend time in PT, or sign up for Disney races! LOL Are you already signed up for W&D? I think I read where is it is already sold out...:scared1: That is going to be my next Disney race...I so want to run through AK!

Thanks! I am in for this year's Wine and Dine, thanks to my runDisney friend...she won an all expenses paid trip for two to the race, including entries!!! This was after it sold out before I could register, so super blessed on that one!

Thanks! I am in for this year's Wine and Dine, thanks to my runDisney friend...she won an all expenses paid trip for two to the race, including entries!!! This was after it sold out before I could register, so super blessed on that one!

YAY...that is a lot of pixie dust. :goodvibes I think W&D will be my next race, probably in 2016. Can't go to Disney every year on a girls trip...dh just does not understand!

It's probably one of my most favorite Disney movies. I have a few ornaments, one that was at the Disney store over Christmas 2013 and a few a friend sent me when she was cleaning out her house.
I'm still reading the other thread. I will post and then read some more.

Mine too...sadly I remember seeing it the theaters when I was a child. :crazy2:

YAY...that is a lot of pixie dust. :goodvibes I think W&D will be my next race, probably in 2016. Can't go to Disney every year on a girls trip...dh just does not understand!

Lol, my hubby doesn't understand either. Wish we really could grow money from trees!!! pixiedust:

Looks like the pink C2C medal is back.

In 2015, any participant who completes both the Tinker Bell Half Marathon in January at Disneyland® Resort and the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February at Walt Disney World® Resort will earn a special pink version of the runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge Medal.*

Above text is copied and pasted from the official runDisney website.

Looks like the pink C2C medal is back. In 2015, any participant who completes both the Tinker Bell Half Marathon in January at Disneyland® Resort and the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February at Walt Disney World® Resort will earn a special pink version of the runDisney Coast to Coast Race Challenge Medal.* Above text is copied and pasted from the official runDisney website.

I thought tinkerbell was moving to May in 2015? Is it not until 2016?

So buses ran from all the resorts to the start?

Are any resorts easier than others for getting to the start?

So buses ran from all the resorts to the start? Are any resorts easier than others for getting to the start?

Yes, all the resorts had buses. I stayed at BLT, on the monorail, so had no personal bus experience. I loved the convenience of the monorail. For 2015 I will be at BWV, so I'll get to try the buses then. But most reports I read/heard were positive about their bus transportation. There was one hotel, I think POFQ or POR that some really major issues, based on reports I read here. If you look toward the end of the PHM 2013 thread you could find the posts explaining the issues.

So buses ran from all the resorts to the start? Are any resorts easier than others for getting to the start?
i stayed at BWV and it was very easy to get the bus and, even better for me, was being able to walk through Epcot on the return back to hotel, great photo ops - beautiful day - a Starbucks - French cocktails - boardwalk bakery pastry - quick ice bath and a massage at the Dolphin. Then back to HWS - Pretty good way to be princess for a day :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter