Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

I've asked and they've said they don't need to see it.
The poster isn't trying to cheat anything. They'll have an AP.
I think it's like dealing with any other customer service personnel - I think they are supposed to ask. Some will ask to see your AP, some will say they need to see it if you ask them, others will say they don't need to see it if they ask them.

Random question. I am used to how Disney does it where you can make payments. Does Universal do that, or is it just the deposit then you pay when you get there? Also, how hard is it to modify a room when the discounts come out? I have a TA I really like so if it's a pain, I'd rather just book thru them and let them deal with it and she can make the $ off it and it doesn't cost me anything.

Random question. I am used to how Disney does it where you can make payments. Does Universal do that, or is it just the deposit then you pay when you get there? Also, how hard is it to modify a room when the discounts come out? I have a TA I really like so if it's a pain, I'd rather just book thru them and let them deal with it and she can make the $ off it and it doesn't cost me anything.
You pay on arrival at the hotel. With AP discounts I find that I have to rebook and then cancel, because the modify option doesn’t work for me. But I am in the U.K. so it may be different for you.

It's pretty easy to modify. You can call (and usually get a live person relatively quickly) and modify. Or you can cancel online and rebook. I've done in many, many, many times and it's always been painless. (knock wood!)

Honestly, I got burned years ago by a travel agent who wasn't familiar at all with the way passholder discounts worked (she insisted that my pass needed to be active to book which we all know here is 100% wrong) so now I just do it myself.

You pay a one-night’s deposit when you make the reservation. Has to be canceled more than 5 days before if you decide not to go. Otherwise, you lose you one-night’s deposit.

The rest is paid when you arrive.

I'm booked at HRH on AP rate during a seasonal pass blackout date. I will be using a day ticket to enter the park. Wondering if I'm eligible to use AP rate at the hotel even though technically the pass isn't valid for park entry on that specific date? Thanks.

Random question. I am used to how Disney does it where you can make payments. Does Universal do that, or is it just the deposit then you pay when you get there? Also, how hard is it to modify a room when the discounts come out?
It's pretty easy to modify. You can call (and usually get a live person relatively quickly) and modify. Or you can cancel online and rebook. I've done in many, many, many times and it's always been painless. (knock wood!)
You can modify online by adding / removing a child from the room. Tip I picked up on here somewhere. You can also cancel / rebook but modifying is easier (no deposit refunds to keep track of).

We got our APs in September - 6 of them! Now to really learn how to use them, ha! So when I see folks say the AP rates "drop", is it just that you are hitting the site every day to check? It's a bit exhausting, lol.

We're going mid January, mid March, April, and maybe June and Aug. I'm trying to figure out how does one find the best AP rates? Are there tricks I am unaware of?

Thanks!

Last edited:
We got our APs in September - 6 of them! Now to really learn how to use them, ha! So when I see folks say the AP rates "drop", is it just that you are hitting the site every day to check? It's a bit exhausting, lol.

We're going mid January, mid March, April, and maybe June and Aug. I'm trying to figure out how does one find the best AP rates? Are their tricks I am unaware of?

Thanks!
Discounts are easiest to get for Sunday to Thursday nights, although weekends tend to be available for some weekend nights, especially at the Moderate resorts such as Cabana Bay.

Search for various combination of dates (e.g. Sunday-Wednesday, Monday-Thursday, etc.). Often changing your search by just a single day can result in tremendous savings.

Don't be afraid to do a split stay to get the best rates. Going from Sunday to Saturday? Try booking (for example) Sunday to Thursday at a Deluxe, and Thursday to Saturday at a Value or Moderate.

Just because you booked something, don't stop looking. Good rates come and go every day, sometimes a few times each day.

Did you book something and then found something better? Book the new offer first and then use the link included in the email confirming your first booking to cancel it. As long as you have that email, it's easy to use the link to cancel. The refund for your one-night's deposit for that cancellation typically appears 7 to 14 days after you cancel.

Is it me or are room prices (even with APH) significantly more during Presidents day week and Christmas week? It's a pity because those are the two weeks the kids get off from school and we want to run away to Orlando to escape freezing weather at home!

Also, does APH rate ever get released for Christmas week? I saw reports for the week prior ..like until 24th Dec but not for 25th onwards till new year (yeah I know it's peak travel but just wondering!).

Thanks

We're going mid January, mid March, April, and maybe June and Aug. I'm trying to figure out how does one find the best AP rates? Are there tricks I am unaware of?

Thanks!
As PP said, try combinations of your dates.

What I do is come up with several searches, then bookmark each. For a Thurs - Sun trip, I'd search for and bookmark:
  • Thurs-Sun
  • Thurs-Fri
  • Sat-Sun
  • Thurs
  • Fri-Sun
Put those bookmarks together in a folder, then, each day (or several times a day), just right-click that folder and select to open all. It only takes a few extra seconds of setup the first time, but will save minutes each time you check.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter