• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*******Official August 2017 Countdown Thread ~ Feeling hot, hot, hot!!!******

Here now at POP. Our flight left Buffalo airport at 5:00amtoday- first flight of the day. We had to get up at 3:00am. Drove to Buffalo yesterday (4.5 hour drive) and went to bed early. While it's difficult to get up so early, somehow, when it's for Disney, it's way easier!
Arrived at POP before 9:00am- room not ready so off to Disney Springs for shopping and lunch at our favourite quick service Wolfgang Puck Express. I had the BBQ chicken pizza, DD18 had salmon, DD16 and DH had spaghetti and meatballs... so good! Then to Goofy's Candy Co to build our own rice crispy treats! Went shopping at World of Disney, Trend D and Basin.
Just got back to POP- got the room / area we asked for yay! Ground floor water view. Going to rest now then off to Boardwalk for dinner at ESPN and ice cream at Ample Hills Creamery. Tomorrow is an early morning again as we are at EMM at the MK!
BTW- I was at World of Disney and the new Alex and Ani Haunted Mansion bracelet came out at 10:00am- I snagged one and love it! Apparently almost sold out (a CM told me).

Does anyone bring an actual CAMERA anymore? I always have, as I am picture-obsessed.....and even though i always have Memory Maker, I still would take a pic with my camera, then a pic with my phone (for posting on FB) - in addition to the MM photographer. Now this year DD insists on bringing her iPod and she wants all the pics with her iPod too (for uploading on instagram, etc.) So now I'm like -- in addition to the Photopass photog taking a pic, I'm gonna have to take a pic with my phone, her phone, AND my camera?? :o lol. Do I dare leave the camera behind and just count on taking all pics with my phone (plus the PHotopass pics)?????

I’m just doing my phone this trip. But my daughter also has a phone (which hasn't been the case before) so she can take photos too. Then there’s Memory Maker. I have a Nikon “Cool Pix” I love; but I am leaving it behind this time. We are taking our first stroller free trip (unless I cave) so trying to lighten the load as much as possible.

We each have a portable charger and we each have a water proof pouch our phones can be in and still be used if it rains as well. So, that’s the plan. I’ll probably be deleting some apps and reinstalling them when we get back to make room.

BTW- I was at World of Disney and the new Alex and Ani Haunted Mansion bracelet came out at 10:00am- I snagged one and love it! Apparently almost sold out (a CM told me).
I'd LOVE to see the HM A&A if at all possible. I collect Disney A&A bangles and thought I was at the point of just needing to buy one with the year but if there's a haunted mansion I may have to just hunt it down

I’m just doing my phone this trip. But my daughter also has a phone (which hasn't been the case before) so she can take photos too. Then there’s Memory Maker. I have a Nikon “Cool Pix” I love; but I am leaving it behind this time. We are taking our first stroller free trip (unless I cave) so trying to lighten the load as much as possible.

We each have a portable charger and we each have a water proof pouch our phones can be in and still be used if it rains as well. So, that’s the plan. I’ll probably be deleting some apps and reinstalling them when we get back to make room.
Last year I gave my 9yo ds my old phone to use for the MDE app and for taking photos. He loved taking pictures even though 90% of them were blurry from excitement LOL

I also delete apps and download all photos before we go to free up space on my phone. I have a very large sd card but I still worry that I'll run out of space for photos

i keep checking to see if I can switch to the 6 am flight (without paying more), but no go. it's always much more $$ than our 1 pm flight.
Of course if I did get the 6 am flight then I would have to drive down the night before & stay in a hotel....
But as it is now, we'll leave about 8 am. Probably get to Providence about 9:30 a.m., then hang at the airport til 1:00

Yay for hang at the airport time! I'll be interested to hear how you liked Providence vs Logan. Our flight is at 11:30 on Monday (1week from today), and I'm planning to catch the 8:00 Logan Express, which hopefully gets us to the airport around 9:00.

I just ordered DD's bday gift from disney Florist to be delivered to our room on arrival day. All the big packages are so expensive but I found a cute one that wasn't bad. Comes with the birthday ear hat, autograph book and pen, box of cookies, bag of pretzels, all wrapped in a big sparkly bow and a birthday balloon, for $62. Technically could probably buy it all for about $30 myself and just hand it to her myself but hey, she will like coming back to the room and seeing it.

This is very sweet. And exciting! I would totally spend the extra $ to have it delivered to the room as opposed to doing it myself. The more magic, the merrier! Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Does anyone bring an actual CAMERA anymore? I always have, as I am picture-obsessed.....and even though i always have Memory Maker, I still would take a pic with my camera, then a pic with my phone (for posting on FB) - in addition to the MM photographer. Now this year DD insists on bringing her iPod and she wants all the pics with her iPod too (for uploading on instagram, etc.) So now I'm like -- in addition to the Photopass photog taking a pic, I'm gonna have to take a pic with my phone, her phone, AND my camera?? :o lol. Do I dare leave the camera behind and just count on taking all pics with my phone (plus the PHotopass pics)?????

I am planning on taking my camera this time, because I know I will want lots of pictures of Pandora, and I don't want to use up all available space on my phone for that.

Ugh, I never even thought about space on my phone.....i have no clue how much space I have! I don't even know how to check. I've had the phone for like 3 years, have never had any notice or anything about low space

Yay for hang at the airport time! I'll be interested to hear how you liked Providence vs Logan. Our flight is at 11:30 on Monday (1week from today), and I'm planning to catch the 8:00 Logan Express, which hopefully gets us to the airport around 9:00.

i'm curious what its like too. we normally fly out of Manchester, and that's so small and there's like nothing there. Not nearly as much as Logan. I expect this will be more like MHT.

This is very sweet. And exciting! I would totally spend the extra $ to have it delivered to the room as opposed to doing it myself. The more magic, the merrier! Hope you have a wonderful trip!

THanks. this is the package I got, I just swapped out the minnie ear hat for the Birthday one...and added a balloon to it. I guess the snacks are underneath the hat. I feel like its as lame "birthday gift" but jeezus, she's getting a trip to WDW, not to mention Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique on her bday, plus the Happily Ever After dessert party.

Ears-to-you-Minnie-2017-Large.jpg

So, any techies here? My phone has 17 GB of 24 GB used. So 7 GB left. Of the 17 used, 8 GB on apps, and 7 GB on Images, and 1 GB on cached data (which I will clear). Do you think that's enough space? I can delete a few apps I'm sure too......

I currently have like 1,000 pics in my Gallery which I assume makes up the 7 GB used on Images.....so I should have space or another 1,000 pics, right?

So, any techies here? My phone has 17 GB of 24 GB used. So 7 GB left. Of the 17 used, 8 GB on apps, and 7 GB on Images, and 1 GB on cached data (which I will clear). Do you think that's enough space? I can delete a few apps I'm sure too......

I currently have like 1,000 pics in my Gallery which I assume makes up the 7 GB used on Images.....so I should have space or another 1,000 pics, right?

cleaned it up a bit, so now I have 15 of 24 GB used......9 GB free. that should be fine, right? I deleted all the pics I had from apps like timehop, downloads, etc. Now I just have the 1000 actual photos that i took which takes up about 6 GB. So I imagine I'm ok to take another 1,000 pics if I wanted, which I definitely won't. It's only me and DD this trip, so I expect less pics than normal. I don't expect i'd take more than 300-400.

cleaned it up a bit, so now I have 15 of 24 GB used......9 GB free. that should be fine, right? I deleted all the pics I had from apps like timehop, downloads, etc. Now I just have the 1000 actual photos that i took which takes up about 6 GB. So I imagine I'm ok to take another 1,000 pics if I wanted, which I definitely won't. It's only me and DD this trip, so I expect less pics than normal. I don't expect i'd take more than 300-400.

Yeah, that should be plenty of space, I think

Finally in single digits and as luck would have it I seriously pulled my back last night while brushing the dogs. Could barely even drive into work today, every movement is horrible pain. Never had this happen before and not quite sure what I'm going to do. Luckily we don't leave until next Thursday so I really think I'll be ok by then. Too bad for the hubby and kids because my very long to do list just became theirs.

Finally in single digits and as luck would have it I seriously pulled my back last night while brushing the dogs. Could barely even drive into work today, every movement is horrible pain. Never had this happen before and not quite sure what I'm going to do. Luckily we don't leave until next Thursday so I really think I'll be ok by then. Too bad for the hubby and kids because my very long to do list just became theirs.
Oh man, that's horrible. Alternate heat and ice and get some rest. Ibuprofen if there's any inflammation. Light stretches may help if they aren't too painful. Sending healing pixie dust your way.

Oh man, that's horrible. Alternate heat and ice and get some rest. Ibuprofen if there's any inflammation. Light stretches may help if they aren't too painful. Sending healing pixie dust your way.

brought my heating pad to work today and only had some tylenol so I took that, I'm going to stop and grab some motrin on the way home or maybe go right home and ask hubby to pick it up. Either way I have to take it easy, I can't even imagine not being to ride my favorite rides next week!

brought my heating pad to work today and only had some tylenol so I took that, I'm going to stop and grab some motrin on the way home or maybe go right home and ask hubby to pick it up. Either way I have to take it easy, I can't even imagine not being to ride my favorite rides next week!
You might have him pick up some Tiger Balm/Icy Hot/Bengay too. You'll stick but it may help loosen things up. Or if you have coconut oil and peppermint essential oil you can use that. I have chronic upper back pain from pulling all the muscles from my skull to my ribs when I was a toddler and a good balm, anti-inflammatory, and heat are my go-to remedies when it flares up

You might have him pick up some Tiger Balm/Icy Hot/Bengay too. You'll stick but it may help loosen things up. Or if you have coconut oil and peppermint essential oil you can use that. I have chronic upper back pain from pulling all the muscles from my skull to my ribs when I was a toddler and a good balm, anti-inflammatory, and heat are my go-to remedies when it flares up

that's what I was forgetting! My husband had some tiger balm years ago for a pulled muscle and I remember he said it worked well. I tried finding it yesterday but it seemed to have disappeared. I'll pick some up today for sure.

I am planning on taking my camera this time, because I know I will want lots of pictures of Pandora, and I don't want to use up all available space on my phone for that.
Bringing my camera too, for sure!!!! I will use that more than my phone camera. I love taking pictures in general and always print them out to do albums....might be old school, but hey, I like it.

Great first full day at Disney. Went to EMM at MK today. At bus stop by 6:28am. Bus came at 6:57am (I like the boards that let you know when a bus is coming, otherwise I might have panicked and grabbed a cab to Contemorary then walked to MK) and at park by 7:15-7:20am. Rode 7DMT, Peter Pan and Pooh many, many times. Also rode IASW once. They also had teacups and carousel open - so 6 rides (only the main 3 advertised though). Last year they opened up teacups and carousel too, but it was because 7DMT was down for a bit. Nice treat to have so many rides open but I wouldn't expect it each time - YMMV. Today was a sold out EMM, but we never had to wait in line for anything. Breakfast was really good again. Then we rode Haunted Mansion, BTMRR, Splash, Pirates, Tiki Room (needed a cool break and call me corny, but I like it) and Jungle Cruise - got skipper Taylor - best skipper we've ever had:goodvibes. Then we got Dole Whips (not even hungry, but had to get one and they cooled us down). Then to Space Mt., People Mover, Buzz Lightyear, Laugh Floor and then on our way out we rode train around entire park (kind of a tradition for us to do it once a trip). Filled up our popcorn bucket for $1.50 (3 times). Bus back to Pop then late lunch at A of A.
HOT! Hoping to get in pool soon, but closed due to a quick storm that just rolled through.
So much fun at Pop!:banana:

@momma2ethan I really like the Haunted Mansion Alex and Ani- I wore it today while riding the haunted mansion :thumbsup2 Sorry, I don't know how to post a picture. I got the silver bracelet with the words Haunted Mansion stamped on it. There was another one with colour (I believe it was the 'heads' busts that sing Grimm Grinning Ghosts).

@OurLaughingPlace I was able to find pictures of them last night. There are supposedly THREE HM A&A's! The busts, the HM sign and Madame Leota. All in both silver and gold. Looks like I'll be picking up a 2017 and HM sign if I can manage to find on in a couple weeks. Thanks!

I feel so behind in my preparations. I am usually all packed except for our daily use toiletries by this point. Too many busy weekends and no energy to do much in the heat when I get home during the week has really put me behind my self imposed prep schedule

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter