** Official August 2024 Thread **

Just rented a confirmed DVC reservation for a standard studio at Poly in August! I’m traveling with my mom, husband and two kiddos. This will be our toddler’s first WDW trip and our preschooler’s third. Can’t wait!

I finally get to post again, though i had to create a new account, lol!

My son (25) and i will be at the Beach Club Villas from August 24-29! Since he was 3 yrs old and my daughter was 13 yrs old, we always went at least once a year, sometimes twice. Daughter grew up and has 7 (yes!) kids, we have taken the older 2 a couple of times...last in 2017. Son went to college, then covid came (while he was in China), then he went to Poland until he came back because of the conflict nearby and I have been taking grandkids to the beach each year, in batches, lol!

We are so ready to come back and stay at a deluxe for the first time!!! We're hoping the Food and Wine fest will be happening while we're there, Epcot is our favorite park.

So happy to be added to the August thread!

Just booked for August 20 - 28 with the summer discount at POP.
Just me, my daughter, and her 6-year-old daughter.
It will be hot but I'm looking forward to enjoying a trip where we are focusing on things a kid loves to do.
I was there in January with 2 of my adult kids in their 20s so we didn't do a lot of stuff because it was about the bigger attractions.

My fellow August travelers: What are your genie+ and ILL plans?

Last year, Aug 12 - Aug 17 we bought genie+ for every day and ILL for Rise, GOTG and TRON. I don't know that I need genie+ each day. For 5 people it is expensive. For 2 people, I'd get it every day and not think twice about it. I will definitely get it for MK and DHS. I don't need it at AK. I'm on the fence with Epcot. If Test Track is closed, then I'm leaning towards no.

I will buy Rise ILL for one day. Then, I don't have to deal with that in the morning and use early hours to start at TOT instead.

If Tiana is open and is ILL, I will definitely buy it at least once if not more.

My kids are pretty good at getting VQ, so I don't think I'll buy TRON unless we can't get VQ. I find that ride underwhelming. But we love GOTG, so I will buy ILL for that ride multiple times probably. I hope we can get VQ and ILL on at least 2 days.

With the free dining promo, I'm expecting the crowd and wait times will be higher this year

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter