** Official August 2024 Thread **

Took a year off because DD's (21 and 24) thought they were too old for Disney (blasphemy, I know) and now they're both missing not having a Disney trip this summer.
So, we are booked for August 2024.
5 nights at Beach Club with hoppers in a Deluxe room (August 19th - 23rd)
2 nights at Universal at Royal Pacific (August 17th - 19th)
Likely will be getting a dining plan ... just waiting a bit.
Thanks for starting this thread.

We haven't been back home since 2018. Didn't think it would be this long since we'd be going back, but with COVID and stuff, it just did. So we're REALLY looking forward to going back.
Our son graduated high school in 2019, and since moved out (but he's coming with us again this time... yep, we raised both of the kids to have the love of Disney in their blood! :-) )
Our daughter will be graduating high school in 2025, so it might be another few years until we go back again depending on what she's going to do for school after high school.
Right now we're planning on 18 days again... as this is what we were lucky enough to stay last time and had a ball!
August 14 - August 31.
The first 5 days will be at AKL concierge level, and then we'll move to the DoubleTree in DS. (my family has been staying there since the mid-80's with each trip to WDW, so it's really like a home-away-from-home for me.) Plus it helps keep the hotel budget down so we can stay for that many days.
Yep, same here on the discounts... I'll be getting an AP so I hope they still offer the 30-35% off next year. (or perhaps some other kind of discount)
Now I just need to brush up on things like Genie+, lightening lane, etc. I feel like I need to learn it all over again.

~D

Took a year off and headed back in 2024! Hoping to make wdw an every other year/every two years trip.
Going to UO staying at RPR 10-12 then Contemporary from 12-17.
We'll be informing the kids at the end of the school year.

We just returned from a great visit and booked a BounceBack to return Aug 2024. The countdown has begun even though the laundry isn’t done yet. 😉

Our motto is, ‘The best way to leave Disney is without next visit booked!’

Planning a quick trip for August 5-9. Spending a lot of time at our resort (Beach Club) and will pop over to Epcot for F&W Festival. Dreading the heat already 🤣

I have a trip planned with my son, 18, for 8/9-8/19. Our trip will be split 3 nights in WDW, 4 nights Royal Caribbean and 3 nights Universal.

I’m obsessed with planning this trip because I really need a vacation, lol. Part of me feels like I might be overbooking our days and possibly regretting it when we’re there. I always start off these trips saying I’ll do less and relax more, but it never seems to happen that way.

We’re shooting for Beach Club if avail with DVC, but if it’s not then we’ll stay at BWV. I’m thinking of the following WDW plans: 1 day doing keys to the kingdom tour/day at magic kingdom. 1 day park hopping (probably epcot and MK again only if we don’t get to go on tron.

If anyone has good non park ideas I’d love to hear ’em. I’m thinking of 1 day just hanging at the hotel and possibly going to an escape room. But I’d love other suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Update to our August trip. Flying to Universal August 15th, and staying at Hard Rock Hotel until 18th, then moving to Beach Club 18th-23rd. We just got Free Dining with Disney+ subscription - works great for us as we are four adults (21+) and we will enjoy the beverages with our meals:-)

I will down for a split stay July 25-Aug 2 to visit my cast member daughter. We will be staying at Poly for the first time until July 28 then moving over to Yacht Club (My favorite). Then I will be back again on Aug 29 to Sept 2 to go to the Halloween Party and staying at Yacht Club.

Sports, Aug 2-11, booked the Disney+ promo so we have the free QS dining plan. Hubby, me and our two youngest, DD17 and DS will turn 16 on this trip.

Our last trip was August 2021, so I feel like a newbie again with having to learn new strategies with Lightning Lane and Genie+. First on my list is deciding if I want to get new MagicBands for the family for their Easter Baskets.

Hello everyone ! My husband and I finalized our August trip. It will be the first time we visit without our daughter, who will be starting her freshman year of college. We are bringing her to West Virginia University and driving from there to WDW for a week before going back home. Planning for this trip has been very bittersweet because we are also doing the college drop off planning but we are excited to do a trip for just the 2 of us. We are staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge and looking forward to hitting some lounges and enjoying getting time together in our favorite place !

Update for our August plans.
5 nights at Beach Club with hoppers in a standard room (August 18th - 23rd)
2 nights at Universal at Royal Pacific in a deluxe room (August 16th - 18th)
We plan to leave home (Ontario) on the 14th, around 10pm, drive to Buffalo airport/breakfast. Fly out 6am on the 15th and go to Drury Plaza Disney Springs for the day/evening. On the 16th Uber to Hard Rock Universal.
For our couple of meals at Universal we will probably eat both at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium. we went here a couple of years ago and loved it. Otherwise, we will just snack at the parks.
We are getting the Dining Plan at Disney (Disney+ - free dining) which is great value for us (four 21+ people in a room). Still planning our dining. Thinking about:
-breakfast at Crystal Palace (a must-do every trip)
-supper at Le Cellier (my daughters do this every year)
-supper at Tratoria al Forno (new to us)
-supper at Rainforest Cafe Disney Springs (we have Landry card / gift card to use here)
-supper at Sci-Fi (pay out of pocket)
-breakfast at Cape May Cafe (we're at Beach Club, so it's a nice way to finish our trip before flying home)
-still looking at one more - possibly 1900 Park Fare? We like it here.
-for quick service we will likely to Flame Tree BBQ, Regal Eagle (new to us), Mexico quick service, ABC Commissary, UK/France/Japan quick services - possibly order a couple of things, such as fish and chips, and share. Being at Beach Club makes it handy.
We used to stay at PORS and loved to boat to Disney Springs and use quick service credits at Wolfgang Puck Express (no longer operating). Miss it, but it's nice to try a few new quick services (we've never eaten at Regal Eagle or Mexico quick service).
We're only 151 days away from our trip, so starting to plan:-) Hope everyone else is enjoying their planning too.

Update for our August plans.
5 nights at Beach Club with hoppers in a standard room (August 18th - 23rd)
2 nights at Universal at Royal Pacific in a deluxe room (August 16th - 18th)
We plan to leave home (Ontario) on the 14th, around 10pm, drive to Buffalo airport/breakfast. Fly out 6am on the 15th and go to Drury Plaza Disney Springs for the day/evening. On the 16th Uber to Hard Rock Universal.
For our couple of meals at Universal we will probably eat both at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium. we went here a couple of years ago and loved it. Otherwise, we will just snack at the parks.
We are getting the Dining Plan at Disney (Disney+ - free dining) which is great value for us (four 21+ people in a room). Still planning our dining. Thinking about:
-breakfast at Crystal Palace (a must-do every trip)
-supper at Le Cellier (my daughters do this every year)
-supper at Tratoria al Forno (new to us)
-supper at Rainforest Cafe Disney Springs (we have Landry card / gift card to use here)
-supper at Sci-Fi (pay out of pocket)
-breakfast at Cape May Cafe (we're at Beach Club, so it's a nice way to finish our trip before flying home)
-still looking at one more - possibly 1900 Park Fare? We like it here.
-for quick service we will likely to Flame Tree BBQ, Regal Eagle (new to us), Mexico quick service, ABC Commissary, UK/France/Japan quick services - possibly order a couple of things, such as fish and chips, and share. Being at Beach Club makes it handy.
We used to stay at PORS and loved to boat to Disney Springs and use quick service credits at Wolfgang Puck Express (no longer operating). Miss it, but it's nice to try a few new quick services (we've never eaten at Regal Eagle or Mexico quick service).
We're only 151 days away from our trip, so starting to plan:-) Hope everyone else is enjoying their planning too.

I recognize your screen name. We have both been planning many August trips over the last 15 years.

Your plans sound great to me. I wish I could fit Universal into our plans this year, but I have to fit this trip between one child's summer internship and the other one's college move in date, and we just don't have time for it.

I'm watching for MNSSHP dates to be released. I'd like to go to two parties and I'm not yet decided about After Hours at DHS. When an After Hours party goes well, it's so wonderful, but when it doesn't go well (Rides breaking down, lack of staffing) it's infuriating.

I'm also hoping that the Food & Wine Festival dates will again coincide with my trip dates.

We have the the quick service dining for this trip. My son developed celiac disease in his late teens. Contrary to the popular opinion, he does better at the counter service places in WDW than at the sit down restaurants. (Of course, we haven't been to them all, and this is based on our experience) I will probably book a meal at the Liberty Tree Tavern. He has successfully eaten there twice. I also want to book Oga's Cantina. We'd like to go to Nomad's Lounge too. I need to check this. Last time I checked, they didn't take reservations.

Last summer was our first trip with Genie+ and our first trip with very few dining reservations. (Many past trips with free dining and no dietary restrictions) We had 3 over 8 days. I was happy to have so few. I think I would have found it hard to manage dining and genie+ and show times.

@123SA
I recognize your screen name too. We love August trips!
We are excited to be going for a couple of days to Universal. Our last trip was the one and only time we've gone there, and we loved it. Being able to walk to the parks and having the express passes really made the trip amazing (we were at Royal Pacific last trip and this trip we're staying at Hard Rock).
I guess I am going to have to pay more attention to the Food and Wine Festival. Our DD's are now 21 and 24, so old enough to drink (last time we went our 19 year old could drink at home but not in US). She was not impressed lol. Your comments about Food and Wine made me think about it. Hopefully it overlaps with our trip.
We did a MNSSHP party once (so fun) but don't plan to go to one this trip. We are planning to use the extended evening hours, especially on the Epcot evening since we're at Beach Club.
Good luck with managing your son's celiac disease. I have been a teacher for 32 years and can't believe how many students have been diagnosed with this in recent years. We love Liberty Tree Tavern, so I am happy to hear that restaurant works for you and your family.
We haven't used Genie+ yet. Not decided yet for this trip. We are happy to rope drop to get some big rides in, then just see shows and do less popular rides.
Happy planning :yay:

Joining the August 2024 gang! Originally we were supposed to be in Aulani this summer but have had to postpone until summer 2025. It stung to release the beautiful ocean view studio I had booked. So what better thing to take away that loss than booking a WDW trip! I am at POFQ for August 17-19 (just waiting for AP discounts) and Bay Lake Tower in a standard view studio from August 19-25! So excited for another awesome August trip and MNSSHP!!

I had to do a bunch of math with our points (100 Riviera, 100 Poly).

My wife and I got back on Thursday from an adults only trip. I have a conference in October in Orlando, so she's going to meet me at the Riviera when that's done and we'll stay there for a few days. My impression was that my younger daughter would not be going (older daughter will be 1L somewhere)... but that hadn't been her impression.

We're planning on going to Aulani about Memorial Day 2025.

So, as of now, we're all going August 3-10 at Saratoga. On the waitlist for Beach Club Villas. It's definitely before law school will start for my older one... and the last time I can put a child on our WDW info as my little one will be 18 in the fall!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter