OFFICIAL CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY SEASON & NEW YEAR'S 2017 THREAD

Anyone heard if they are doing the Frozen Themed stuff at DCA Stage 17 (I think that's what it is called)? Back in 2015 they had sledding and snowman building and my kids loved it.
I wish!! They didn’t do it last year and from what I heard no plans to bring it back- my kids LOVED that snow area so it’s such a bummer!

I wish!! They didn’t do it last year and from what I heard no plans to bring it back- my kids LOVED that snow area so it’s such a bummer!

I agree it was so much fun , even just for me and Hubby we loved it too. I still have a video of him sledding which was awesome.

The last two posts make me smile. We have had snow on the ground for 2 weeks and can't wait to escape the white stuff. I'll be the one dodging snowflakes on Main Street lol

Lemon were ABSOLUTELY the best ever!
Yes, I was surprised at this. Some things seem cheaper then the things we enjoyed at the Spring Food and Wine!

I think it has been Candy Cane for the last couple of years so gingerbread would make a change. Would love for them to bring back the lemon flavoured ones from the POTC 50th celebration. Not a holiday flavour but they were the best ever.

Hello everyone!! I'm beyond excited to be looking at this thread b/c it means the potential for my FIRST EVER Disneyland trip with Xmas decorations up! (I'm from the Canadian prairies and have been 6 times but never saw the Xmas decorations). I am hoping to visit when the crowds aren't too crazy....we have often went end of January/February so crowd levels are low and we get to see tons. This year, I visited Mother's Day weekend or the Tinkerbell half marathon.

What I'm wondering is, can anyone tell me what crowd levels will be like for the December 10th - 15th? I have been stalking crowd calendars and they give a wide range of possibilities....some say that it will be relatively quiet and some say that it will be crazy busy (even busier than the week before). Does anyone have experience with this? I got a deep discount code from Disney which made me assume the crowds were lighter (the discount code was over $100 less/night than the week before). I know Xmas is a busy time...but what will this week Monday-Friday be like? Similar to Mother's Day weekend of slower? Thanks in advance for any help/advice someone may have!!

Hello everyone!! I'm beyond excited to be looking at this thread b/c it means the potential for my FIRST EVER Disneyland trip with Xmas decorations up! (I'm from the Canadian prairies and have been 6 times but never saw the Xmas decorations). I am hoping to visit when the crowds aren't too crazy....we have often went end of January/February so crowd levels are low and we get to see tons. This year, I visited Mother's Day weekend or the Tinkerbell half marathon.

What I'm wondering is, can anyone tell me what crowd levels will be like for the December 10th - 15th? I have been stalking crowd calendars and they give a wide range of possibilities....some say that it will be relatively quiet and some say that it will be crazy busy (even busier than the week before). Does anyone have experience with this? I got a deep discount code from Disney which made me assume the crowds were lighter (the discount code was over $100 less/night than the week before). I know Xmas is a busy time...but what will this week Monday-Friday be like? Similar to Mother's Day weekend of slower? Thanks in advance for any help/advice someone may have!!
Welcome to the Christmas thread fellow Canadian from the Prairies! The best indicator of crowds will be the park hours. If they are 8-12, then I would say yes that they will be busy. The week that you are going is the last before all but the top tier AP's are blocked. The following week the hours at DL are 9-9...the week before Christmas. We think that they are anticipating lower crowds because of the blackouts. Go early and do what's important and have fun:santa:

We're going next month and it has the parade at 1pm and 330pm...if we're seeing the 330pm parade, will it start from Main Street or by Small World? Tia!

We are headed to Disneyland on December 15th and we will be leaving on the 18th. This will be a surprise for our kids for Christmas. We know it will be crowded but we are still excited to take in all the Disney magic for Christmas! We will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn for 3 nights. It's a little farther from the resort than we normally do, but I got two nights free, so it's worth it. We will head to San Diego after for a few days.

We're going next month and it has the parade at 1pm and 330pm...if we're seeing the 330pm parade, will it start from Main Street or by Small World? Tia!

I haven't checked this year so someone else should confirm but generally the first parade starts at small world and ends at main street. The second show goes from main street back to small world.

10th to 15th is likely to be a very busy week as its the last week for AP's (as already stated). It will be fine during the morning that week but from 3pm onwards it is likely to be very busy.

Surprising DH, DD9 and DD5 with a trip for my 40th birthday :tongue: Nov. 30th -Dec. 3rd. Staying at Disneyland Hotel.

Hey, isn't DH supposed to surprise YOU with such a cool B-Day Present? :rotfl: Sounds like a cool way to spend your 40th - my DW and I spent mine at WDW and Universal Orlando :thumbsup2 We'll be in the park at the same time as you all, see you around the parks!

We are officially two weeks out from our trip - we'll literally be in DLR at this time on the 26th! :banana::banana::banana:party::jumping1:party::banana::banana::banana:

Hey, isn't DH supposed to surprise YOU with such a cool B-Day Present? :rotfl: Sounds like a cool way to spend your 40th - my DW and I spent mine at WDW and Universal Orlando :thumbsup2 We'll be in the park at the same time as you all, see you around the parks!

We'll be there the same time as well! See ya real soon!

Welcome to the Christmas thread fellow Canadian from the Prairies! The best indicator of crowds will be the park hours. If they are 8-12, then I would say yes that they will be busy. The week that you are going is the last before all but the top tier AP's are blocked. The following week the hours at DL are 9-9...the week before Christmas. We think that they are anticipating lower crowds because of the blackouts. Go early and do what's important and have fun:santa:

I'm actually flexible on my dates....do you think the next week would be noticeably smaller crowds then? The discount on the hotel isn't quite as low, but if crowds are much more manageable than it may be worth it. Thanks!!

I booked the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour today! I'm so excited! Anyone ever do this?

Did it last time we were down. We have a great tour and enjoyed the 4 hours we spent with the Guide. Got to ride on 3-4 rides and visited the Dream Suite. They provided lunch, and some gifts after the tour. Also got tickets to see the stage show, and had outstanding seats. I felt the tour was well worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter