***Official December 2017 thread!

Finished my laundry and am now all packed except for the last minute toiletries! Hope the 22 year old son gets his suitcase packed and ready soon. (We leave on Monday eekkk) Hahahaha. I wonder what he will show up with! :snail::laundy:

My son got the flu on Friday, came to my house for help. I got it Sunday night. It is nasty stuff, glad we both got it before we leave. Spoke with physician and was told after 7-10 days we would not be contagious, so we are good to go and not infect others.

I hope your son recovers soon and the rest of you don't get it.

Sorry to hear you accepted your son's present. :sick: Hope you get over it quickly!!! :drinking1lots of fluids.
So far he is the only one sick. 19 days to go. Everyone keep your fingers crossed.

Magic bands arrived today :dancer:

Hearing about all the sickies.....went out and bought some zinc lozenges and a fresh bottle of cod liver oil for our trip in 17 days. Already have us taking extra C to boost immunity (And extra garlic for me!). Hope you all feel better!

Magical Express luggage tags did not arrive...we noticed this last week..
...leaving Thursday morning for early flighflight.....called DME and travel agent...they say they were sent out weeks ago...postal service issue ? They said the were sending again (last thursday)..any chance we will get them in time ? Anyone else have this issue ? They said if no tags to take our claim tickets to DME once we arrive at Orlando and they will get out luggage ???

Hearing about all the sickies.....went out and bought some zinc lozenges and a fresh bottle of cod liver oil for our trip in 17 days. Already have us taking extra C to boost immunity (And extra garlic for me!). Hope you all feel better!
Lots of sickies here at The World, us included. (We have heard plenty of hacking and sneezing everywhere we go.) I caught a cold/flu thing early November. Three weeks later my husband got it, eight days into our nearly 2 week trip. Two days after that I had a relapse.

My husband coughed so much he either tore or pulled an abdominal muscle. Since he is on blood thinners a call to our insurance Dial a Nurse provided two options: call 911 or Uber to the ER. Guess where we spent last night? Ugh.

Use that C, garlic, cod liver oil, etc. and whatever else you can think of!

Usually a bad day at Disney beats any other day elsewhere, but I am sooo ready to be home and in my own bed. :sick:

Lots of sickies here at The World, us included. (We have heard plenty of hacking and sneezing everywhere we go.) I caught a cold/flu thing early November. Three weeks later my husband got it, eight days into our nearly 2 week trip. Two days after that I had a relapse.

My husband coughed so much he either tore or pulled an abdominal muscle. Since he is on blood thinners a call to our insurance Dial a Nurse provided two options: call 911 or Uber to the ER. Guess where we spent last night? Ugh.

Use that C, garlic, cod liver oil, etc. and whatever else you can think of!

Usually a bad day at Disney beats any other day elsewhere, but I am sooo ready to be home and in my own bed. :sick:

I hope you and your husband feel better quick! I was so paranoid about getting sick, there were people that sounded awful everywhere. I brought sanitizing wipes and wipes down everything in our room and on the plane. We also went thru 4 bottles of hand sanitizer we took a multivitamin every night and vitamin c. we escaped without illness somehow, but it really sounded like everyone had a nasty cough.

Magical Express luggage tags did not arrive...we noticed this last week..
...leaving Thursday morning for early flighflight.....called DME and travel agent...they say they were sent out weeks ago...postal service issue ? They said the were sending again (last thursday)..any chance we will get them in time ? Anyone else have this issue ? They said if no tags to take our claim tickets to DME once we arrive at Orlando and they will get out luggage ???

It takes approximately 5-7 business days for yellow DME tags to arrive via USPS. They will come in a standard size envelope. If you do not get the tags in time, DME will still transport your checked luggage. When you arrive at DME Check-in counter at MCO, give them your checked luggage claim tickets & they will bring your luggage to your resort.

Sending you some pixie dust that the tags will arrive on time.✨✨✨

I hope you and your husband feel better quick! I was so paranoid about getting sick, there were people that sounded awful everywhere. I brought sanitizing wipes and wipes down everything in our room and on the plane. We also went thru 4 bottles of hand sanitizer we took a multivitamin every night and vitamin c. we escaped without illness somehow, but it really sounded like everyone had a nasty cough.
This makes me so nervous- especially with how terrible people are at coughing/sneezing into their clothing instead of their hands or not covering at all. Or even handwashing. I really really hope they sanatize things after closing, and sick people aren't touching things. :(

Accounts like this just make me want to carry Lysol spray around.

This makes me so nervous- especially with how terrible people are at coughing/sneezing into their clothing instead of their hands or not covering at all. Or even handwashing. I really really hope they sanatize things after closing, and sick people aren't touching things. :(

Accounts like this just make me want to carry Lysol spray around.

I sure don't want it again. I plan to take Clorox wipes and wipe down the entire condo! Plus bring hand sanitizer and wash wash wash my hands!

I know this is a long shot, but is there anyone planning on going to Epcot on the 29th that could look at what's still available for fastpasses, specifically for Frozen, Pixar Shorts, and Mission Space for times before 5pm.....family of 4? My BIL's family is talking about switching their Epcot day and I can't look at availability without cancelling all of their passes for another day. I'll be on periodically for the next hour or so.....

Today is the day!!! It's 9am and we have to leave for the airport at 1pm. And nope I haven't packed yet, but most of the stuff is in piles ready to go into the suitcase. After checking the weather and seeing one day with a low of 38 I will be heading to the local sporting goods store to see if I can find a packable down jacket. I hate being cold (Texas made me this way).

DH worked last night and is still sleeping. He also hasn't packed yet. I called in last night. I was feeling very tired, lots of fluid build up in my ears, and a low fever that came and went. I have been sick on Disney trips several times and just the thought of it made me cry. Something I usually only do when I'm not feeling well. But after some extra allergy meds and a decent nights sleep I am feeling almost great with no more fever and just a little headache. Though I am going to pick up some decongestant to help keep the fluid in my sinuses/ears down. Because fluid in your ears does NOT make for a magical flight.

I'm just so excited for all the Holiday decorations and events. Along with Disney we will also be going to Universal and SeaWorld on our 11 night trip. Just the two of us!!!!

We leave in 6 days! Super excited. We were going over our fast passes and dining reservations this morning. Talking about what kind of snacks we were going to eat. Let’s just say DW, DD4 and I can barely contain ourselves.

And, to all the people with worries about getting sick: don’t forget your probiotics. 90% of your immune system lives in your gut. That’s your first and best line of defense against catching anything at WDW.

Where did you get your penny checklist? Running out of space in the little tinker bell pennyholder book, too! What do you use?
I didn't need to see "Penny Checklist". :) This could be bad for me...though my 3 boys might enjoy it. I'm already planning to stalk the "special" Agent P penny at Epcot.

So, does anyone have to come home from their Disney trip and cook Christmas Eve/Christmas day? I decorated the house this past week, bought gifts, and just tonight pulled out my Christmas Eve dinner menu (we get home on the 23rd) to see what I can get done ahead of time so I can just enjoy our trip Dec 16-23. The best thing is that this forces me to get everything done super early and then vacation the week I'd normally be stressing so I am expecting this to be my favorite Christmas ever. :)

I still have so much to do, trying not to stress about it. I am cleaning like a mad woman because my in-laws are coming shortly after we get back home. I did my final shopping run last night - it's amazing how a quick run to Walmart turns into a $200 shopping spree :sad2: I have yet to start packing, which I think I will regret greatly later this week. Also I just learned my husband's medication will run out mid-vacation- guess whose careful planning that was! :rolleyes: So we gotta call his doctor and make sure he's able to fill his prescriptions.

I'm also getting a little bummed looking at the weather for next week. I would just love some warm sunny 80 F days, but I know that is completely out of my control.
I better perk up - it's DISNEY week in FIVE more sleeps! :dogdance:

I still have so much to do, trying not to stress about it. I am cleaning like a mad woman because my in-laws are coming shortly after we get back home. I did my final shopping run last night - it's amazing how a quick run to Walmart turns into a $200 shopping spree :sad2: I have yet to start packing, which I think I will regret greatly later this week. Also I just learned my husband's medication will run out mid-vacation- guess whose careful planning that was! :rolleyes: So we gotta call his doctor and make sure he's able to fill his prescriptions.

I'm also getting a little bummed looking at the weather for next week. I would just love some warm sunny 80 F days, but I know that is completely out of my control.
I better perk up - it's DISNEY week in FIVE more sleeps! :dogdance:

My husband and kids are super sweaty and hot natured, so they are excited to see he lower temps. I'm over here like "wahhhhh I want to be hot in Florida!" Lol

And thanks for the reminder to check meds, my son will need a refill of asthma meds before we leave!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter