Official Disney Cake Chatter - Part V!

Any of the furloughed CM bakers on the Ear For Each Other FB group do a better, less expensive job than Disney and will deliver to your resort. We used Sherrys Sweets on our last trip and she is a wizard!!
Do you have any photos? Pricing

Hello, we have a trip staying at Grand Floridian in July, it is only 2 of us and we are celebrating our 30th anniversary. I think I remember there used to be a mini cake that looked like the top of a wedding cake. Does anyone know if this or something similar is still available? What about the cinderella slipper with mouse. Could these be delivered to our room or should they be at a meal? We have reservations at Citircos and Narcosees.

Hello, we have a trip staying at Grand Floridian in July, it is only 2 of us and we are celebrating our 30th anniversary. I think I remember there used to be a mini cake that looked like the top of a wedding cake. Does anyone know if this or something similar is still available? What about the cinderella slipper with mouse. Could these be delivered to our room or should they be at a meal? We have reservations at Citircos and Narcosees.
Where can I get a mini cake?
The Grand Floridian, the Contemporary, or any location serviced by these bakeries.

CastleMiniCake.jpg

The mini-castle cake, a specific style of mini cake, is available only at restaurants and resorts serviced by the Grand Floridian and Contemporary bakeries

Where can I get a mini-castle cake?
The Grand Floridian or the Contemporary and any location serviced by these bakeries.

Where can I get the chocolate Cinderella Slipper Dessert?
The Cinderella Slipper Dessert is available at the Grand Floridian and the Contemporary Resort. Cinderella’s Royal Table at the Magic Kingdom no longer offers the Cinderella Slipper Dessert; instead they have a chocolate sphere with a small slipper inside. For more information and photos, see THIS PAGE. Available only at Cinderella’s Royal Table during Magic Kingdom’s 50th Anniversary celebration, this is a white chocolate slipper with pearls and edible flowers hidden inside a chocolate done that is melted by pouring hot caramel sauce over top. Price is $25 plus tax. To order for Cinderella’s Royal Table, email WDW.Magic.Kingdom.Specialty.Desserts@Disney.com.

I'm heading to Disney next month with DD and her two friends. I haven't ordered a cake since her 13th birthday, she is turning 23 for this trip. Her one friend is turning 30. I was hoping to do a split cake for both of them (possibly Tangled and LK) but from one I've read here, they won't do that. Is that true? If not, I'll want to order two separate cakes. Do they still do mini cakes? And finally, I read something about them not being able to do Tangled lanterns. Is that still the case? Thanks for any help you can give!

I'm heading to Disney next month with DD and her two friends. I haven't ordered a cake since her 13th birthday, she is turning 23 for this trip. Her one friend is turning 30. I was hoping to do a split cake for both of them (possibly Tangled and LK) but from one I've read here, they won't do that. Is that true? If not, I'll want to order two separate cakes. Do they still do mini cakes? And finally, I read something about them not being able to do Tangled lanterns. Is that still the case? Thanks for any help you can give!
Each pastry team has different policies and capabilities, so you'll need to contact the one for the location where you want your cake delivered. Contact info is in Post #2.
Has anyone gotten a cake done for Christmas? Looking for something that Santa can drop in our room as a surprise
I had this Christmas cake made by the Contemporary a few years back!

I see alot of people mentioning cakes they got from former CMs but does anyone have photos of the cakes?
I'd like to order a 60th birthday cake for my mom as a surprise

I see alot of people mentioning cakes they got from former CMs but does anyone have photos of the cakes?
I'd like to order a 60th birthday cake for my mom as a surprise
Mary Poppins theme - delivered to GF Cafe for birthday dinner (it was STUNNING. Several tables came over to take pics of it)

20210917_174122.jpg

3rd birthday cake:
20221019_151816.jpg
First birthday cake:
20201019_124501.jpg
We had a coordinating smash cake, too, but I don't have a pic without him in it.

These were all from Daisy Cakes, who is AMAZING to work with. He lives behind MK so it's also easy to pick up from his house (which we have done, too!). I've also ordered custom cookies from him.

He was on vaca for his 2nd birthday so we had this cake done and delivered to Riviera for brunch at Topolino's by Juan's Cake Paradise (also found on the Ear For Each Other group):

20211019_115150.jpg

Hope that helps!

Mary Poppins theme - delivered to GF Cafe for birthday dinner (it was STUNNING. Several tables came over to take pics of it)

View attachment 780444

3rd birthday cake:
View attachment 780445
First birthday cake:
View attachment 780446
We had a coordinating smash cake, too, but I don't have a pic without him in it.

These were all from Daisy Cakes, who is AMAZING to work with. He lives behind MK so it's also easy to pick up from his house (which we have done, too!). I've also ordered custom cookies from him.

He was on vaca for his 2nd birthday so we had this cake done and delivered to Riviera for brunch at Topolino's by Juan's Cake Paradise (also found on the Ear For Each Other group):

View attachment 780447

Hope that helps!
Woah! These are beautiful!

I'll be at WDW with my best friend this weekend for Labor Day and celebrating her 50th birthday. I was thinking of ordering one of the Mickey ears cakes to celebrate. The only ADR we have is at Garden Grill on Sunday for the concert series. She made the reservation so I don't think I can edit it to order the cake. If I call 407-WDW-DINE, can I add it to the reservation that way? And is it possible for me to pay for it in advance so it doesn't show up on the bill?

I'll be at WDW with my best friend this weekend for Labor Day and celebrating her 50th birthday. I was thinking of ordering one of the Mickey ears cakes to celebrate. The only ADR we have is at Garden Grill on Sunday for the concert series. She made the reservation so I don't think I can edit it to order the cake. If I call 407-WDW-DINE, can I add it to the reservation that way? And is it possible for me to pay for it in advance so it doesn't show up on the bill?
So far, Disney hasn't made it possible to add the cake to an existing reservation. However, you can usually request one when you get to the podium to check in. Then you'd need to flag down your server privately to request the cake be put on a separate check.

So far, Disney hasn't made it possible to add the cake to an existing reservation. However, you can usually request one when you get to the podium to check in. Then you'd need to flag down your server privately to request the cake be put on a separate check.
Thank you. I thought I had read earlier in the thread that you could add it by calling, but I may have misunderstood. Hopefully one will be available.

View attachment 780444

3rd birthday cake:
View attachment 780445
First birthday cake:
View attachment 780446

View attachment 780447

Hope that helps!
What were the cake flavors? Do you have a cross section of the cakes?

Has anyone had a cake delivered to Magic Kingdom post COVID? We have an ADR at CRT and the baker (Daisy cakes) is willing to deliver the cake outside Mk. I’m worried about leftovers as well. He is baking a haunted mansion portrait themed cake (would be perfect before our MNSSHP) but it will probably spoil in the heat. This is the concept:

17F09271-5316-4E58-8604-59C663D0ABF9.jpeg

I’m worried about MK security as well (they once made me take out AND separate each diaper and clothes from the diaper bag and it seemed spiteful-he was the first guard and I didn’t discriminate because he was the first available person but he was mad and annoyed I didn’t choose the much older person).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter