• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official DLR October 2021 Check-in Thread***

We are going Oct 10th-15th staying at PP! I just got our OBB tickets. This will be my boys first time. We were supposed to go in March of 2020. My son's birthday is on Halloween and they are both SO excited!

After being in queue all day (8:52am until 2:37pm I officially got our first ever Oogie boogie bash tickets.. Since my trip was already planned and booked we will just add the party on our first day of our trip! Eeekk I'm excited for Oct 12th!! Plus it's our 19 year anniversary.. perfect 🥰💞

I am official as well, HoJos the last week of October, Sunday-Thursday. Trying hard not to get too excited now, it seems to good to be true!
We are doing BB the last night of our stay.

My 10 year old daughter and I will be going October 5-8th for a Mommy/daughter trip. Just got our OBB tix for the 5th. This will be the first Disney Halloween after hours event for both of us.
I took a look at the crowd calendar for those dates, and it's showing " It'll be packed" for that entire week. I thought that time of year was slower. I know our school district has Fall break that week (we're in Texas) and a lot of schools in Arizona do as well, but I don't think California schools do. I wonder how accurate that prediction is. Either way, we are going to have a great time!!

My 10 year old daughter and I will be going October 5-8th for a Mommy/daughter trip. Just got our OBB tix for the 5th. This will be the first Disney Halloween after hours event for both of us.
I took a look at the crowd calendar for those dates, and it's showing " It'll be packed" for that entire week. I thought that time of year was slower. I know our school district has Fall break that week (we're in Texas) and a lot of schools in Arizona do as well, but I don't think California schools do. I wonder how accurate that prediction is. Either way, we are going to have a great time!!
Our very large urban Silicon Valley school district has that week of October off, which is when we'll be there -- we always run into people we know during that time, lol! Overall, it's never been crazy-crowded -- ranged from a 3 to maybe a 7-8 out of ten, crowdwise? But there's a LOT of pent-up demand, so, who knows. 🤷‍♀️

Our very large urban Silicon Valley school district has that week of October off, which is when we'll be there -- we always run into people we know during that time, lol! Overall, it's never been crazy-crowded -- ranged from a 3 to maybe a 7-8 out of ten, crowdwise? But there's a LOT of pent-up demand, so, who knows. 🤷‍♀️
Yeah, most Texas folk usually run off to WDW during our breaks, but we are DLR people. I'll usually run into somebody I know, but it's usually a Bay Area person since I grew up over there. Either way, it'll be a fun time! Can't wait!

There is no such thing as non-crowded times in October anymore. Dd and I have done Columbus Day weekend for a few years and between fall breaks, the long weekend and Halloweentime… it’s busy. Have sit down reservations booked so you can get a break from the crowds busy. Rivers of America area after 4 pm on Fri and Sat night you can’t move kinda busy… so we try to zig while others are zagging and have a good time anyway! That said, it’s the weekend we can go, so we still do it!

I just found this thread. I’m moving over from the WDW version. We are coming to DLR Oct 29-Nov 2! 🎃 Our original plan was to go to WDW for Halloween. But we were all just there this spring, so we toyed around with going someplace else. Once I got tickets for Oogie Boogie Bash, we switched our flights to California instead. My family hasn’t been to DLR in several years, and it’ll be my best friends’s first time. We are all excited about the new Avenger Campus and going back to Radiator Springs, which is my all time favorite ride on either coast! I can’t wait!!!😁😁😁

Staying at the Disneyland Hotel October 2-7th! Everything's tentative and refundable so far just in case Covid Numbers keep going up but I'm remaining optimistic! It will be my daughters first time at DL!

I hope this is ok to ask/post here.
I currently have a reservation for HoJos, but I can save 200 by staying at the Fairfield or Desert Inn should I switch? It is just my husband and I . He can sleep anywhere and anytime, and I will be in the room very minimally. One thing that is important to my husband is the shower, he is tall and sometimes the shower head in hotels are super short and only come to his chest. Weird questions, I know, but does any one know anything about the hotel’s showers? which thread should I be looking for to answer that question? Thank you.

Last edited:
We are going 16th-21st. Last trip was in 2018, super long gap for us! We went to WDW for the first time in 2019, planned on going back a couple times in 2020.

I was looking at OBB reservations, looks like the 19th was one of the first dates to sell out. Anyone have an idea why?

I pulled the trigger on two nights. Can't resist going if we are already there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter