**** OFFICIAL February 2018 Thread ****

We will be staying two nights at BLT before we cruise on the Dream. Checking in on my birthday (2/10). My ADR opens Monday and I'm planning on trying some new places we haven't been before - Liberty Tree Tavern, O'hana (breakfast) and maybe Tony's, none of which should be too difficult. I do want breakfast at BOG too which may be harder to get. Open to suggestions or ideas for celebrating my birthday at magic kingdom?

We love BLT! Have you ever had breakfast at the Wave inside the Contemporary? It's really delicious :)

:welcome:
To the Official February 2018 Thread

The next post has the roll call. Please include your dates, resort and if your going for a celebration/event.

I'm pretty good at keeping with updates but if you feel I missed you, please quote me with the info for the Roll Call :)

Celebrating my birthday a BLT 2/10 -2/13 then cruising on the Dream. Celebrating Valentine's Day and Mardi Gras on the ship!

Today was ADR day! BOG for our MK dinner, 'Ohana for Breakfast that morning. Still pondering EP meals. Might just counter service EP and call it good. The important one was BOG!

We got to experience BOG during soft opening in December 2012. Could not score an ADR for our 2015 trip for 6 people. Called this morning and had no problem getting one for just the two of us! Can't wait to go back!

Can I join in? Headed to Wilderness Lodge from 2/19 to 2/24 with my 5-year old daughter for her first trip (and my first trip since I was 12!). My husband will stay home with our 2-year old daughter since he can't get the time off work and the 2-year old wouldn't care either way about being there :) I can't wait to see how excited my daughter is once we get there!

I'm so happy to have found this board! Hope it's ok to join in!
We are staying in kildani village Jan. 27th - Feb. 2nd. This was a last minute before add to a cruise we had already planned on Norwegian on Feb. 3rd. We are celebrating our 15th Anniversary and decided 1 week of Vacation just wasnt enough! This will be my second time to DW but not since 1995 and Jeffs second also but not since he was in the Navy in 1989. I think we ended up getting a great deal after doing hours of research online to get the resort I really wanted within in our budget.
So very excited but such a long time to wait!

Ok, I don't usually post here, just search for information, but I found this and had to join in!
My family of 6 will be staying at AOA with check in on Jan 31 and out on Feb 10.
We've taken each of the kids for their 13th birthday and this is my 3rd son's year. This will also be celebrating my oldest's senior trip, by daughter's birthday (Feb 18), husband's birthday (Feb 2), and our 20th anniversary! We have LOTS to celebrate!
We already have our ADRs for all of our days and got everything we wanted except the Rivers of Light dining package - dates not released yet.
This will be our first trip with just our family. In the past it's been more of a family reunion each time. I'm SO looking forward to this trip! My kids are 18, 16, and 12yo boys, and 8yo girl

Is anyone else hoping the Epcot Festival of the Arts runs longer this year? It looks like it ended on the 2017 equivalent of the first day of my trip this year. I read great things about it! Too bad info isn't out yet. I make my ADRs on Tuesday and I would plan additional Epcot time.

Wow! :welcome:to all our new Februarians! :wizard: Dive on in and share your planning. The more, the merrier!

Who else has done "trip shopping" already? I recently bought a backpack during the back-to-school sales - I'm going to use it as my carry on (should fit under the airplane seat), and on departure day when I have to get out of my room in the morning, I can carry it with me around property rather than have to check it at Luggage Services and retrieve it before catching the DME bus. This will be my first time not having to be on the bus by 7:30 am or so. I'm hoping to clear out of my room early on departure day, drop my checked bag at RAC, and go find a good big breakfast somewhere on property. :thumbsup2

Is anyone else hoping the Epcot Festival of the Arts runs longer this year? It looks like it ended on the 2017 equivalent of the first day of my trip this year. I read great things about it! Too bad info isn't out yet. I make my ADRs on Tuesday and I would plan additional Epcot time.

I went back and looked at the 2017 schedule and it looks like Festival of the Arts ended 2/20 and Flower & Garden festival began 3/1. Unfortunately they probably have to end FotA around then to allow them time to set up for F&G.

:welcome:
To the Official February 2018 Thread

The next post has the roll call. Please include your dates, resort and if your going for a celebration/event.

I'm pretty good at keeping with updates but if you feel I missed you, please quote me with the info for the Roll Call :)

We will probably be going 2/27 to 3/6/18. I don't know if that qualifies for Feb or not????

Wow! :welcome:to all our new Februarians! :wizard: Dive on in and share your planning. The more, the merrier!

Who else has done "trip shopping" already? I recently bought a backpack during the back-to-school sales - I'm going to use it as my carry on (should fit under the airplane seat), and on departure day when I have to get out of my room in the morning, I can carry it with me around property rather than have to check it at Luggage Services and retrieve it before catching the DME bus. This will be my first time not having to be on the bus by 7:30 am or so. I'm hoping to clear out of my room early on departure day, drop my checked bag at RAC, and go find a good big breakfast somewhere on property. :thumbsup2

I did some shopping! I went to an outlet with my parents and my mom found the perfect little backpack in coach for, like, $200 cheaper than usual! I'm not typically a bag person - I tend to mooch off of my group's bags - but traveling with one person means that I need to carry some of my own stuff for once. My parent's have hid the bag, though. It's going to be considered a Christmas present.

Other than that - not much shopping! Yet!

[QUOTE="karly05, post: 58081799

I went back and looked at the 2017 schedule and it looks like Festival of the Arts ended 2/20 and Flower & Garden festival began 3/1. Unfortunately they probably have to end FotA around then to allow them time to set up for F&G.[/QUOTE]

Good point! I didn't think of that!

Looks like Fantasmic! dining packages are available, at least for the beginning of February if anyone has been waiting on them like I have!

Updated to this post :hippie: Sorry it took so long!

So our ADRs rolled around and I was able to get what we wanted! Including: Tusker at 8:05am (pre park opening! :yay:) and Crystal Palace at 5:20pm

We will probably be going 2/27 to 3/6/18. I don't know if that qualifies for Feb or not????
If there are more than 2 days in February (at the beginning or end of the month), I think it counts :) May I ask which resort?

Yesterday was ADR day!

We have:

Crystal Palace (b)
Cinderella's Royal Table (b)
Be Our Guest (d)
Rose & Crown (d)
Trattoria al Forno (b)

We might schedule some more stuff, but we're easy and can do quick service easily.

Thursday: Arrival & Expo (no parks)
Friday & Saturday: Parks
Sunday: Race (and maybe all 4 parks!)
Monday & Tuesday: Parks
Wednesday: Disney Springs & Home!

We'll be staying at POFQ, checking in 2/8-2/17. I am a Western Governor's University graduate and they are having one of their commencement ceremonies in Orlando on 2/10- I'm celebrating my MSN! This will be our first trip with a baby (oldest will be 12 and has been several time, but we'll have a 17 month old also) so that makes me a little nervous.
Looking forward to Mardi Gras at POFQ and stalking the Disney Chase play/stay/dine discounts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter