*** OFFICIAL January 2013 Thread ***

Glad you had an amazing time. I know it's so hard to go back after having a great trip and such wonderful weather. When is your next trip?

I don't know :sad: We did January right after New Year's two years in a row and really like going then but my Dbf and I are both in a transition phase where we now need to find "real jobs" so we won't know what vacation time we'll have. We'd love to do January 2014 but we've also been throwing around the idea of late September-early October 2014 to catch the Halloween stuff!

Is it wrong if I'm hoping Megara DOESN'T appear? I will be so sad if I miss her by just a couple of days. Favorite Disney character EVER!!!!

I'd love to meet her and Hercules as well!

And from that list I remember seing lots of them in the parks when I was a kid. I have pics with the Robin Hood and Pinocchio guys! Never seen Ludwig von Drake in the parks though! :guilty: Would be amazing to see him as he is such a peculiar character, loved reading comics with him and seeing his cartoons.

And my favorite Disney character is on this list and I'll miss him: Uncle Scrooge! I'm a huge Scrooge fan, from Ducktales and his early cartoons to, specially his comics. The comics of Uncle Scrooge and Donald by Carl Barks and Don Rosa are some of the best comics stories of the 20th century! If you haven't read them, make sure to check some out! Apparently Fantagraphics is issuing a Complete Carl Barks hardcover library in the US like our publisher here in Brazil did about 5 years ago (ours was paperback though)

If anyone know of a place that Scrooge makes semi-regular appearances I'd love to know! (besides special events like MVMCP as there aren't any in January!)

That's great,. Was it warm enough to swim? How long did you have to wait for popular rides? Average? Thanks.

Not sure about swimming. I haven't taken a dip at a pool at WDW in years (I do like to swim but have never found time to do it).

As for wait times, they weren't bad at the attractions we didn't get Fastpasses for (30 minutes at the MOST).

We only used Fastpasses for Buzz, Peter Pan, Big Thunder Moutain (mom, aunt, and brother only because I'm "ride it once every one or two years" kind of person), Space Moutain (again, mom, aunt, and brother only), Test Track, Soarin', Toy Story Mania, and Tower of Terror (mom, aunt, and brother only becuase I've ridden it twice and am just not a fan).

I actually think I waited longer in the lines to meet drivers at Daytona Fan Fest on Thursday (especially in Tony Stewart's line becuase he was running on "Tony Time" and was late).

Arrived yesterday and went to MK at around 5:00. Walked on teacups, new little mermaid, buzz (x2), HM. Met Merida (30 mins maybe). Also did CoP (DD LOVES that song), Laugh Factory, IASW, tomorrow land speedway (10 minutes..maybe less!). Dinner at Cosmic Rays (family favorite/tradition).

Didn't think that was all bad in 5 hours. Especially on a Marathon night! Left at 10.

Going swimming today and HS later.

hoffmann2828 said:
Arrived yesterday and went to MK at around 5:00. Walked on teacups, new little mermaid, buzz (x2), HM. Met Merida (30 mins maybe). Also did CoP (DD LOVES that song), Laugh Factory, IASW, tomorrow land speedway (10 minutes..maybe less!). Dinner at Cosmic Rays (family favorite/tradition).

Didn't think that was all bad in 5 hours. Especially on a Marathon night! Left at 10.

Going swimming today and HS later.

Cool. Ill be arriving around that time tomm

Can anyone tell me if they received a bounceback offer while you were there this month? DH and I will be arriving next week for our January trip, but my mom and sister and I are thinking about doing a girls trip later this year. Just wondering if and what our bounceback may be.

TIA!

Single digits - 9 days!!!!:banana:

So we will be staying at ASMu for 7 days, then homeless for 3. We have tix for Universal, but after checking out the cost, not sure I want to stay on site. Guess we had better figure it out soon tho' - yikes

4 days and wake up!!!:cool1:

So ready for warm weather but I'm sad because it will be over before I know it and I don't know when I'll get to go back, hopefully if this solo trip goes good I may say and go next year and stay longer but happy I'm getting to go :)

Me too! I don't know how I'm going to get through the next two days! I don't think any of us are going to sleep Friday night!

Dh and I were talking about that just last night. I envision all 4 of us crashing on our bed and watching tv until 3 am.

I have started to gather stuff, but have not packed yet. Might start tonight.

Where are you staying? We are at AKV.

UGH... I'm at Urgent Care with an injured ankle!!!! We leave Monday. :sad:

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter