• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** OFFICIAL January 2013 Thread ***

Just returned today to cold, dreary, snow and slush. :(

We had such a WONDERFUL 8 nights!!! Had about 10 mins of rain the entire time. The rest of the time it was 80's and sun, sun, sun! Seriously considering moving to Florida!

Crowds were minimal, marathon was so much fun to watch. We were able to see our friend run by! Spent some quality time with two special CM's that we met during an ABD trip, saw a friend and two cousins after a day at the parks. Went on the special Wild Africa Trek tour for DH birthday. It was fantastic!,

Never went in January before- we were always June visitors - now we can't imagine going any other time!! We are definitely considering next year again! :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I almost WANT to get sick now in order to be over anything before our trip in 10 days. I just know my husband is sick to death of my constant trip updates. We really don't even have that much planned. Seriously considering scheduling a Keys to the Kingdom tour solo. My in-laws INSISTED they take my kids to the park one if the days by themselves, but since I'm not all that comfortable with that, maybe me being IN the park would set my mind at ease. Can't wait!!!

UGH... I'm at Urgent Care with an injured ankle!!!! We leave Monday. :sad:

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

I hope for good news, but with any injury this close to your trip and so much walking even good news may not make this trip comfortable. I had ankle surgery in December and not healing quickly. I am not thrilled about it but I will be renting a scooter from Apple Scooter, cheaper than any others I found.

Relax and just remember you will be in the most Magical Place!pixiedust:

9 more sleeps! I have so many things done and so much more to do. I have researched and notated things. I have to get it all organized and ready to go now.:woohoo:

WHAT? NOOOO :worried:

I hope for good news, but with any injury this close to your trip and so much walking even good news may not make this trip comfortable. I had ankle surgery in December and not healing quickly. I am not thrilled about it but I will be renting a scooter from Apple Scooter, cheaper than any others I found.

Sooooo... I sweet talked (begged) the doctor & this is what I got him to agree to...

I have to wear the boot until we get to the resort (airport should be fun :worried:), then I can switch to the really nice brace he gave me. It fits in my shoe! :thumbsup2 IF I can stand the pain, I can wear the brace for the week. ::yes:: Then, it's back to the boot until I go back in a month. He doesn't think I will damage it in the brace. Guess I'll see how it goes...
I've been sick for so long! I'm still recovering from my 13th abdominal surgery!!! I just want to walk around... :sad2: with my kids and have fun. BUT, I can have fun in a scooter if I have to. :thumbsup2

9 more sleeps! I have so many things done and so much more to do. I have researched and notated things. I have to get it all organized and ready to go now.:woohoo:

Can anyone tell me if they received a bounceback offer while you were there this month? DH and I will be arriving next week for our January trip, but my mom and sister and I are thinking about doing a girls trip later this year. Just wondering if and what our bounceback may be.

TIA!

Yes, there is a BB, for select days...I got 20% off for AoA suites. Other offers are for up to 35% off, so guessing 25-30% off for moderate and 30-35% for deluxe. Nothing for little mermaid rooms.

The offer is in your room brochure.

Good luck!

For Christmas, my mom gave me a trip to Disney :cool1: We're going to be down there January 23 till January 29 and staying at the Pop Century for the first time (how she sold me on that resort, since I wasn't sure at first, took three words. Giant. Roger. Rabbit. :goodvibes ). Yes, It's six days away now. I'm super excited. :woohoo: We're eating at my top favorite restaurants and I'm even taking the archery experience again (I took it in October, on my 21st birthday, and had an absolute blast). Merry Christmas to me (even if it's a month late :laughing: )

Marshay said:
Yes, there is a BB, for select days...I got 20% off for AoA suites. Other offers are for up to 35% off, so guessing 25-30% off for moderate and 30-35% for deluxe. Nothing for little mermaid rooms.

The offer is in your room brochure.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for this info!!! They sound like great bounceback deals. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they will include some fall dates. That's when we're interested in going for our girls trip.

Thanks again!!

I'm sitting at work (last day before our trip) and I can hardly stand it!! Our flight leaves at 12:30 tomorrow and the kids still don't know anything. I can't wait for them to find out and for us to just be there!!!

Exactly 48 hours from now, I will be landing at MCO! Can't wait to get on the Magical Express! I just looked at the 10 day forecast and the weather looks great - mid-70's every day but one, and the high that day is 65. Coming from 15 degrees in Buffalo, that will be FABULOUS!!!

I know we are new to the board, but just make the quick decision to go to next weekend!!! we will be at POP the 25th thur the 27th. Taking our son for his 4th birthday!! :cool1:

GoonieBride said:
I know we are new to the board, but just make the quick decision to go to next weekend!!! we will be at POP the 25th thur the 27th. Taking our son for his 4th birthday!! :cool1:

Yay!!!! You're going to have so much fun!!! 4 is the best age!!!! :)

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

We will also be at Pop at that time celebrating our sons 4th birthday!:)

8 more days!!

Finished a project right under the deadline today for work. That was the last hurdle before our Disney trip! Now it feels really close. AoA. New Fantasyland. New Test Track. Can't wait! :cool1:

I was supposed to have a torn meniscus repaired this past Tuesday...it got postponed so I will have a scooter from Apple as well. Hopefully I will learn to drive it quickly. Thinking of a "student driver" sign to put on it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter