***Official January 2023 Thread***

We've been heading to Disney either MLK weekend or President's Day weekend for the last 7 years. My son has 1 more year of middle school, so thinking we will do one more long weekend trip before high school. Gotta use those school breaks!! He is actually off school on Friday, Jan 13 - Monday, Jan 16. We will fly out after school on the 12th. The 12th is the last day of the grading period, so I can't pull him out of school that day, which is what we have done the last 4 years. Having to wait until after school really sucks, because that is a low park attendance day we get a lot done before the crowds arrive.

I considered President's Day weekend 2023, but the quad-fecta is happening: President's Day, weekend before Mardi-Gras, Cheer Competition AND that is the weekend leading into East Coast winter break. I made this mistake once, I won't do it again. We are going in January!!!

I was really wanting to avoid calling to get a room only reservation, but I am growing tired of stalking the website every morning to see if I can book online.
I know! I check everyday to see if online booking has opened (even though I feel like it will be a Tuesday, maybe Wednesday/Thursday drop). I also didn't want to call, so we booked online with a reservation that starts in December, but I still want to play around with dates and prices! I'm trying to predict what they are waiting for--to get past the spring rush in March, Easter week in Apil, etc? Please don't make us wait until June!

I know! I check everyday to see if online booking has opened (even though I feel like it will be a Tuesday, maybe Wednesday/Thursday drop). I also didn't want to call, so we booked online with a reservation that starts in December, but I still want to play around with dates and prices! I'm trying to predict what they are waiting for--to get past the spring rush in March, Easter week in Apil, etc? Please don't make us wait until June!

Okay, so decided to call, after a quick online chat, they gave me this number 407-560-CHAT (2428) I waited about 5 minutes to talk to a booking agent!

BOOKED for Jan 12 - 16 - CBR

I did the thing! I changed my mind again (of course) and splurged for a 2 bedroom villa at Beach Club for 1/8-1/15/2023! Let the planning begin!

Used the number you gave and booked January 23 to February 2, 2023 for myself, my son and GS. Never got a booking made this fast ever. Was on hold for maybe 5 seconds.
Woohoo, we have our first traveler whose trip extends into February! I've added you to the list. If you would like me to add your resort, let me know! :cool1:

Countdown time! :hourglass

It's April, which means anyone leaving next January is now--

9 months away from Disney!! :yay:

Race information for January 4-8, 2023 has been announced! First page of thread has been updated, details below:

Marathon Weekend 2023

Our Premier Endurance Event Weekend – 30 Years Running

Test your mettle at your chosen skill level—from the 5K to the Marathon—while you trek your way through the Disney theme parks. When you participate in the 2023 Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, you’ll become part of something incredibly special.

Not only is the 50th Walt Disney World Resort Anniversary celebration underway, but this year will mark the 30th Anniversary of the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Presented by State Farm! Come relive decades of healthy competition with a dose of 90’s retro vibes, iconic Characters and a glimpse into the runDisney of years of past.

• Club runDisney Gold and Platinum Registration begins April 12, 2022, at 10:00 AM EST.
  • General Registration opens April 19, 2022, at 10:00 AM EST.
Registration fee varies based on the date of purchase:
  • April 19 through September 19, 2022
  • September 20 through December 29, 2022
v2_2023_MarathonWeekendHeader_Onsite_4876x1524.jpg

We are definitely going in January too! Still playing with dates but somewhere around Jan 6-14ish. So excited to be there for the 50th celebration!!! <3

Well, I can officially say we're going in January since I managed to snag a half marathon registration this morning! What a stressful few hours! After an hour and a half delay in opening registration, ALL races except Castaway 5k sold out within 1 hour and 8 min. It was insanity!

Not sure yet where we're staying but I'm thinking Pop Century. Just need to figure out exact dates! And, with how fast the races sold out I might just bite the bullet and call to book!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana:

I did it! Went ahead and called, waited about 4 min, and booked Pop Century - 1/5-1/10!!!

Haven't stayed there since they built the skyliner!

We are definitely going in January too! Still playing with dates but somewhere around Jan 6-14ish. So excited to be there for the 50th celebration!!! <3
Yay! Let us know when you settle on when and where!

Well, I can officially say we're going in January since I managed to snag a half marathon registration this morning! What a stressful few hours! After an hour and a half delay in opening registration, ALL races except Castaway 5k sold out within 1 hour and 8 min. It was insanity!

Not sure yet where we're staying but I'm thinking Pop Century. Just need to figure out exact dates! And, with how fast the races sold out I might just bite the bullet and call to book!

:cool1::cool1::cool1::banana::banana::banana:

I did it! Went ahead and called, waited about 4 min, and booked Pop Century - 1/5-1/10!!!

Haven't stayed there since they built the skyliner!
Congrats on getting registered for the race! You've been added to the list!

Happy New Year! Let's get to planning for 2023!

When you book, let us know when and where!

(Vacation packages starting January 1, 2023 could potentially open for booking by mid-February through late June 2022. Room-only reservations can currently be made over the phone.)

:welcome:
Welcome all December, January, and February travelers who have some or all of their vacation in January!

New Year Roll Call

December 30 to January 7: DLmama (POFQ)
December 31 to January 5: ThereYouSeeHer (ASSp)
January 5 to January 10: DisneyBelle27 (Pop)
January 8 to January 15: gorkt (BCV)
January 12 to January 16: Ohiostatefan606 (CBR)
January 14 to January 21: SheSingsAlong (BCV)
January 21 to January 28: d
isney-inspired (BCV)
January 22 to January 26: RottnGemma (ASSp, followed by a cruise on the Wish!)
January 23 to February 2: marij (Pop)
I just realized my dates are wrong on the roster - we are at BCV from January 21 thru 28 - can you update? Thank you!

Yay! Let us know when you settle on when and where!

Congrats on getting registered for the race! You've been added to the list!

Thank you!!! I really lucked out, the tech issues were such a mess and everything sold out so quickly! I'm so excited! It'll be my 4th runDisney event!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter