OFFICIAL JULY 2009 THREAD!!! (Part 2) It's here!!

Thanks for bumping this thread Tom! It's always good to catch up with the group every once in a while!

I was in WDW for the first weekend of Food and Wine, ran the Halloween 5K in the Animal Kingdom AND had front row seats for the Magic Kingdom 40th anniversary celebration! It was a CRAZY weekend but so much fun. I'm currently planning another trip in exactly 4 weeks! After that, probably August. Anyone planning on being there during those times?

Hope everyone had a great holiday season!

This thread's been quiet for too long.

What's everyone up to??

I was at WDW for 6 nights in December (probably should've posted here :)) and we're heading back in June for a few days before DIS Unplugged Podcast Cruise 3.0!

Oh, and a few trips to DL in the mean time.

When are you going in June? I will be back in the World for spring break - March 31- April 6th, and then we are going somewhere around June 28th - July10th give or take a day or two.

LOVE the July 09 Board!!!!!!

When are you going in June? I will be back in the World for spring break - March 31- April 6th, and then we are going somewhere around June 28th - July10th give or take a day or two.

LOVE the July 09 Board!!!!!!

We have a 5-night cruise on the Dream on June 24th (DIS Podcast Cruise). We'll be there a week or so before and maybe a day after it returns.

We have a 5-night cruise on the Dream on June 24th (DIS Podcast Cruise). We'll be there a week or so before and maybe a day after it returns.

We might overlap a day or two - still hoping I can get airfare, and that is just one of the deciding factors in what dates we will actually be there!

Hi everyone!

Love seeing updates to this thread, can't believe it's been nearly 3 years now :goodvibes

DH and I have booked for October this year - staying 7 nights at the BWV for Food & Wine and MNSSHP :thumbsup2 .... then just last week, DH's family asked us to go with them to Orlando for a summer vacation in August! Unlike our July 2009 trip with them, we'll be staying offsite (which I've not done since 1996!!) :eek: - but on a good note, DH's niece is coming with us this time :woohoo: she is 7 now and loves all things Disney, princesses, pink & Tinkerbell! Although August won't feel like a full WDW vacation, we will be going to all four parks & my DFiL has asked me to book a few restaurants for us :thumbsup2

And... in June 2013, DH and I have booked to go on the Disney Fantasy for 7 nights to the Caribbean! So excited for that too - we adored the Dream ship last year on honeymoon.

Hope everyone is well and has a magical 2012!

Emma princess: x

HI Everyone- I've got a question. I know the parks say a basic schedule right now as far as the calendar goes but when do they update w/all the good stuff? Like the extended summer hours and all the different times for things in epcot and such? And if they are going to have a special summer firework show or anything. When do they put up the updated summer schedule usually? http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/grouphug.gif

Thanks for bumping this thread Tom! It's always good to catch up with the group every once in a while!

I was in WDW for the first weekend of Food and Wine, ran the Halloween 5K in the Animal Kingdom AND had front row seats for the Magic Kingdom 40th anniversary celebration!

I can't seem to plan a trip without thinking about you guys!!! That weekend sounds AAHHHMazing!!

When are you going in June? and then we are going somewhere around June 28th - July10th give or take a day or two.

What are your final dates?

When are you headed down???

Hi everyone!

Love seeing updates to this thread, can't believe it's been nearly 3 years now :goodvibes

DH and I have booked for October this year - staying 7 nights at the BWV for Food & Wine and MNSSHP :thumbsup2 .... then just last week, DH's family asked us to go with them to Orlando for a summer vacation in August! Unlike our July 2009 trip with them, we'll be staying offsite (which I've not done since 1996!!) :eek: - but on a good note, DH's niece is coming with us this time :woohoo: she is 7 now and loves all things Disney, princesses, pink & Tinkerbell! Although August won't feel like a full WDW vacation, we will be going to all four parks & my DFiL has asked me to book a few restaurants for us :thumbsup2

And... in June 2013, DH and I have booked to go on the Disney Fantasy for 7 nights to the Caribbean! So excited for that too - we adored the Dream ship last year on honeymoon.

Emma, that's amazing! You will LOVE having a pinky princess to enjoy with! It's like going for the first time all over again!

Anyone going late May early June?

Did you have fun????

Hey everyone! Had you on my mind this am! We are leaving Friday morning for our trip. It's been rather crazy to plan, Brad found out at the list minute they were having a down day at work on Friday! So we are checking into VWL for Friday night, then BLT Sat-Friday. Leaving before Pres. Obama makes his appearance at 1!!! Then we are surprising girls with 2 nights at Disney's Hilton Head Island resort on the way back, can't wait to see their faces when we take the HHI exit. Or even better, wake them up there!!!

Miss you all! Hope everything is going well with all of you! I think Lois and Janet are cruising in either Aug. or Sept??

We actually had to change our plans due to West's Cub Scout Day Camp, so we don't leave until the day before the cruise 6/23. The we stay for a week AFTER the cruise.

I fly home 7/6. Kristi and West fly to St. Louis to visits friends and Buffalo to visit family and return 7/17.

Right NOW, I'm at Disneyland covering the opening of Cars land for The DIS. It's awesome and y'all should plan a trip out here to see the new California Adventure. (sales pitch done :lmao:)

I can't seem to plan a trip without thinking about you guys!!! That weekend sounds AAHHHMazing!!

What are your final dates?

Emma, that's amazing! You will LOVE having a pinky princess to enjoy with! It's like going for the first time all over again!

Did you have fun????

Hey everyone! Had you on my mind this am! We are leaving Friday morning for our trip. It's been rather crazy to plan, Brad found out at the list minute they were having a down day at work on Friday! So we are checking into VWL for Friday night, then BLT Sat-Friday. Leaving before Pres. Obama makes his appearance at 1!!! Then we are surprising girls with 2 nights at Disney's Hilton Head Island resort on the way back, can't wait to see their faces when we take the HHI exit. Or even better, wake them up there!!!

Miss you all! Hope everything is going well with all of you! I think Lois and Janet are cruising in either Aug. or Sept??

Have a great trip - I am so sorry we will miss you! We arrive June 28th. What a fun surprise for the girls!

We actually had to change our plans due to West's Cub Scout Day Camp, so we don't leave until the day before the cruise 6/23. The we stay for a week AFTER the cruise.

I fly home 7/6. Kristi and West fly to St. Louis to visits friends and Buffalo to visit family and return 7/17.

Right NOW, I'm at Disneyland covering the opening of Cars land for The DIS. It's awesome and y'all should plan a trip out here to see the new California Adventure. (sales pitch done :lmao:)

Enjoy the opening of Cars Land - my boss Michelle is out there for the same thing! Looking forward to our meet in a few weeks!

I have only mentioned how great the new redone CA looks to Henry 6,896 times! :rotfl: I GOTTA go there!! Next year hopefully!

Can't wait to finally meet Tom in person. Wendy and her family, and my family and me, are having lunch with Tom and his family on July 2nd at 50's Prime Time! Can't wait! Tom can squirm as he see me order the whole grain pasta with meatless meatballs!! :rotfl2:

Hi everyone!

I love that this thread is still going :goodvibes

Only 54 days until August trip now!

DH & I have also decided to extend our vacation after the cruise on the Fantasy next year, and spend a few days in..... California!! I'm going to Disneyland! :woohoo: First time ever to the West Coast... cannot wait to visit Hollywood and especially Anaheim.

Hope everyone is well :goodvibes

Make sure to let me know when you'll be at Disneyland. I'll give you a guided tour. :)

Wow thanks Tom! :goodvibes

I've always known I wanted to go to Disneyland 'some day' - but the last year or so I've been reading more & more about it... and with all the news about DCA and Carsland, plus the recent Modern Family episode in DL - I've decided I need to go asap! :cutie:

Make sure to let me know when you'll be at Disneyland. I'll give you a guided tour. :)

Be sure to let Tom know if you are going to the West Coast. You will not find a better tour guide or anyone who knows the ins & Outs of DL better than Tom. We had the pleasure of meeting with Tom when we were out last and the day we spent with him was the best day of the three we had at the parks.

It is so very neat that this thread just keeps humming along. This year to Celebrate our 25th anniversary we are going to WDW from 9-14 to 9-22 when we get on the Fantasy for a 7 day Eastern Cruise. I have been watching and it seems that I will miss most of you. However, Carolyn will be there and we have planned to meet for lunch in the MK on the day we will both be in the park.

Looking forward to hearing from everyone on how there summer vactions turned out. Lois

Had lunch with Tom, Kristi and West as well as Mindy, Henry and Heidi at 50's Prime Time Cafe yesterday......we also watched the Indiana Jones Stunt Show where West and Heidi got to be Junior Directors.......so nice to spend time with some of the July 09 family!

tinkerbell60 said:
Had lunch with Tom, Kristi and West as well as Mindy, Henry and Heidi at 50's Prime Time Cafe yesterday......we also watched the Indiana Jones Stunt Show where West and Heidi got to be Junior Directors.......so nice to spend time with some of the July 09 family!

Thanks again for setting up the Indy surprise. We had a great time meeting everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter