OFFICIAL JULY 2009 THREAD!!! (Part 2) It's here!!

Hi! So nice to see this thread still going ;)

It is now 1 WEEK until our wedding! :banana: which means just 9 days until Disneymoon.. sooo excited for it all, FlipFlopMom.. we will be in WDW until July 3rd :cloud9:

Hope everyone is doing well!

Luv & Pixie Dust,

Emma princess: x

I love this thread!! You guys are awesome. We do not get to return until September 2012. Man is that going to be a very long wait. For all who get to return home this year have a wonderful time. I will be living through each of you. Lois

Can't believe in 1 month our trip will be over, and I haven't done nearly the planning necessary. ;) Taking 3 Master's Classes right now, and two are supposed to finish the week we're gone, so working furiously to finish before we go!

So, Brad's work decided to shut down the week BEFORE the fourth instead of the week of. While bad for the days off, we got to add an extra night thanks to DVC points! :cool1: We'll be checking in to AKL for 1 night on July 1 before headed to BLT on the 2nd! Anybody going to be in the area? We're not adding park days to that day, just exploring AKL. I'm flipping excited, always wanted to stay there!

Nikki - hoping for a great 4th trip like you had last year! Going to read your TR again soon for tips!

:grouphug: Love you guys!

Where are you planning on spending the 4th? You have probably already heard this but it is a good idea to see the MK fireworks on July 3rd and then do Epcot on the 4th. We did the Wishes cruise on July 3rd with Nikki and Tom last year - the MK fireworks were amazing! We were staying at the CR on Club level so we watched on July 4th from the lounge but MK was packed to the gills by late afternoon.

It is now 1 WEEK until our wedding! :banana: which means just 9 days until Disneymoon.. sooo excited for it all, FlipFlopMom.. we will be in WDW until July 3rd :cloud9:

Luv & Pixie Dust,

Congratulations!!! Enjoy the wedding - that is sometimes a hard thing to do - it goes so quickly!

I love this thread!! You guys are awesome. We do not get to return until September 2012. Man is that going to be a very long wait. For all who get to return home this year have a wonderful time. I will be living through each of you. Lois

You will appreciate being there so much with that long wait. I love this thread too. It is nice that it keeps being revived!

Can't believe in 1 month our trip will be over, and I haven't done nearly the planning necessary. ;) Taking 3 Master's Classes right now, and two are supposed to finish the week we're gone, so working furiously to finish before we go!

So, Brad's work decided to shut down the week BEFORE the fourth instead of the week of. While bad for the days off, we got to add an extra night thanks to DVC points! :cool1: We'll be checking in to AKL for 1 night on July 1 before headed to BLT on the 2nd! Anybody going to be in the area? We're not adding park days to that day, just exploring AKL. I'm flipping excited, always wanted to stay there!

Nikki - hoping for a great 4th trip like you had last year! Going to read your TR again soon for tips!

:grouphug: Love you guys!

Wishing you lots of luck for your 4th of July trip! We were so overly prepared for massive crowds that it couldn't possibly be as bad as we imagined! C'mon! We're all summer Disney goers....we're used to the crowds! Honestly, though, it wasn't bad at all. Definitely read my TR! Your trip is so soon!

Luv & Pixie Dust,

Emma...AHHHHH!!! You must be freaking! I am so excited for you!

Wow, Lois...that really is a long time! Wendy is right though, you will certainly appreciate it so much more!

Where are you planning on spending the 4th? You have probably already heard this but it is a good idea to see the MK fireworks on July 3rd and then do Epcot on the 4th. We did the Wishes cruise on July 3rd with Nikki and Tom last year - the MK fireworks were amazing! We were staying at the CR on Club level so we watched on July 4th from the lounge but MK was packed to the gills by late afternoon.

Congratulations!!! Enjoy the wedding - that is sometimes a hard thing to do - it goes so quickly!

You will appreciate being there so much with that long wait. I love this thread too. It is nice that it keeps being revived!

You were active on this thread? I don't remember you on here. That is soooo funny!!!

Hi Lois! I couldn't believe it when I saw this at the top of the list lol. I thought everyone moved over to facebook:cool1:

Hi everybody!! :wave2: I have 12 more days and we're off to our happy place!! :banana: My ticker is wrong because I added a day, but didn't want to re-do the ticker cause I didn't want Mickey to start his travels over again. :laughing:

Taryn, we aren't checking out until July 2. We have friends traveling with us this trip and they're staying at AKL. We'll have to set up a time for a quick hello. Good luck on finishing up all the classes while trying to put together last minute trip details! :)

Emma, I'm sooo excited for you!! You must be going crazy with all the last minute details. I hope we can have a "real" meet this trip instead of one like last time at Cape May. :goodvibes I'm expecting you to post tons of wedding pics on FB.

Lois, I feel your pain. This is our first trip since July '09. I promise you it does make you appreciate it so much more. I hope that grandson is doing well. You and Janet are such great people to do what your doing. :hug:

Hugs to all of you!! :grouphug:

You were active on this thread? I don't remember you on here. That is soooo funny!!!

Hi Lois! I couldn't believe it when I saw this at the top of the list lol. I thought everyone moved over to facebook:cool1:

Carrie - I thought the same thing when I saw your post!! Yes, I was active on the July 09 thread.......and have kept up on Facebook - are you over there too? I met Nikki and Tom at the Poly, we kept in touch and did the Wishes Cruise last year. I also met Christy (PopArt Gal) at DHS.

Carrie - I thought the same thing when I saw your post!! Yes, I was active on the July 09 thread.......and have kept up on Facebook - are you over there too? I met Nikki and Tom at the Poly, we kept in touch and did the Wishes Cruise last year. I also met Christy (PopArt Gal) at DHS.

Yes, I was active on it, too. I am on Facebook and I sent you a PM. If nothing else it's kind of amusing:confused3

FREE PIF SWAP

The box is temporarily misplaced at LS, but it always turns up :goodvibes and it seems to work better and not get lost if there isn't a long gap of time in between swaps.

Although if anyone was headed down and wanted to just bring a shoebox and start a new box that would sure be appreciated by lots of other DISers too!! :thumbsup2

Hey everybody!!! I was soo excited to see our old thread hopping! Man I've missed out! Now that I'm fairly sure we have our new dates finalized I headed back over to this area!It looks like Sept 30th checking in at AKV for one night...this day will be a resort-only day of relaxing/swimming after driving all night the night before!
You inspired me!! :)

Wow Emma, that's just soooooo amazing!!! I am soooo happy for you!:cool1::cool1::cool1: You are going to be a beautiful bride! Best wishes for you! I need to check out the current July thread ;) to see if our schedules coincide at all. I'd love to give you a congratulatory hug in person! You must be going crazy right now!

Lois, we were looking at pictures from our Wishes cruise in 09, and Anna Kat asked me if you guys were coming this year and if we could do it again. I absolutely love that our Dis'ing has created memories like that for our kids! I hope you and Janet and the kids are doing okay. I've had to mostly let facebook go to keep up with classes, so I feel out of touch!

I hope you don't tell everyone that, because that's our plan. ;) We are going to MK for the morning of the 3rd, probably until lunchtime or so. Then our plan is to watch the MK fireworks from the top of the world lounge at BLT. We'll be at Epcot ALLL DAYYYY LOONNNGGG on the 4th. Wish us luck! Were you the one in 09 that that was at CR when the monorail wreck happened around the 4th? I can't remember.... How can you not be going on the 4th this year girlie??

Hi everybody!! :wave2: I have 12 more days and we're off to our happy place!! :banana: My ticker is wrong because I added a day, but didn't want to re-do the ticker cause I didn't want Mickey to start his travels over again. Taryn, we aren't checking out until July 2. We have friends traveling with us this trip and they're staying at AKL. We'll have to set up a time for a quick hello. Good luck on finishing up all the classes while trying to put together last minute trip details! :)

WOW! How exciting! So far, we plan on getting there pretty early in the am and just hanging at AKL all day. I'll shoot you a pm w/ my cell number, and we'll try to let Miss Krista squeeze those chubby cheeks! If the 1st doesn't work out, we're checking in early to BLT on Saturday. I know you guys are leaving on the 2nd, but don't remember what time you said!

Yes, I was active on it, too. I am on Facebook and I sent you a PM. If nothing else it's kind of amusing:confused3
It's a small world after all....:goodvibes

Many of us are friends on facebook but we still touch base on the thread from time to time. I have fun with both. It keeps me busy as I have this thread and three cruise threads that I still post on from time to time.

Lois

You inspired me!! :)

I hope you don't tell everyone that, because that's our plan. ;) We are going to MK for the morning of the 3rd, probably until lunchtime or so. Then our plan is to watch the MK fireworks from the top of the world lounge at BLT. We'll be at Epcot ALLL DAYYYY LOONNNGGG on the 4th. Wish us luck! Were you the one in 09 that that was at CR when the monorail wreck happened around the 4th? I can't remember.... How can you not be going on the 4th this year girlie??

I won't tell anyone else the plan!! That is a smart idea to watch the fireworks from the lounge.....just get there early enough to grab a window. We watched from the balcony of the Club lounge last year and it was packed. Luckily we got there early enough we had a spot.

That can be a long day at Epcot. If I remember correctly, it does not start getting crowded till afternoon. We have been there twice for July 4th - last year it was raining so it kept the crowds down. But even the first time it was not bad. We did grab a seat for Illuminations early though. Hopefully, you will have an ADR to break the day up too - that is what we did. I know one year they had a scavenger hunt for the kids that was unique to Independence Day - not sure if they still do that.

It was not me who saw the monorail accident. That was either right before we went or right after we got back......

I wish we were going in early July! We do APs every other year, so one year we go late July and the next year early July. This is a late July year - so we will be there with the Brazilians........I prefer early July because we still have time when we get back before the kids start band camp. This year, they only have a week before it starts....

The July 11 Board is pretty active lately. You should check it out!

Hello all!!

I was just at WDW in May!! I suppose I shoulda said something. :rotfl:

I just spent a couple days at DL for the opening of The Little Mermaid and Star Tours....it had been way too long since I was there.

I'm starting to look a little forward to our cruise to Alaska in 3X days. Magnet time!!

Hope you all are doing well.

Hello all!!

I was just at WDW in May!! I suppose I shoulda said something. :rotfl:

I just spent a couple days at DL for the opening of The Little Mermaid and Star Tours....it had been way too long since I was there.

I'm starting to look a little forward to our cruise to Alaska in 3X days. Magnet time!!

Hope you all are doing well.

Happy Father's Day! Was the Little Mermaid as awesome as it looked on Youtube?

I kind of do see when and where you are going on Facebook :rotfl:

It's been a crappy day, that I am glad only comes around every 365! The kids have been horrid, and Brad is threatening to call off our trip....

Send ppd!

Oh No!! When is your trip... I should have looked before I posted . :sad2:

Hope things start looking up! :grouphug:

By the way, I just added on 100 BLT points! I'm going to bank them so next year we're going to have more than 400 points to plan with!

This thread's been quiet for too long.

What's everyone up to??

I was at WDW for 6 nights in December (probably should've posted here :)) and we're heading back in June for a few days before DIS Unplugged Podcast Cruise 3.0!

Oh, and a few trips to DL in the mean time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter