*OFFICIAL* July 2010 Thread! It’s Hot. It’s Crowded. AND WE LOVE IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the welcomes!! You guys that have made your ADRs are soo lucky I am restless waiting for my window!!
I want to make Crystal Palace
CRT
and story book

Yes I will def. be surprising my daughter she will be 5.5 and I know she will drive me batty if I tell her now!!:rotfl: I am going to tell her maybe a week before..I already have it in my head how I am going to do it.

Welcome! We LOVE crystal palace breakfast!

COLOR]

OH staying on property is the best! You don't have to worry about a thing! Are you going to surprise your daughter? She's going to be so thrilled!

We were thinking of the Wave for the 3rd. We finally decided on doing a DTD restaurant, probably Paradiso 37, unless my cousins and her young son join us, then we'll do T-Rex that night and switch Paradiso for the other night we're doing DTD.

I've always wanted to try Le Cellier for lunch. :thumbsup2

We love Crystal Palace too - did that last summer.

We have only tried Planet Hollywood in DTD. I want to try T-Rex, maybe over spring break - I have no ADRs for then at all because we are staying offsite (if we go). I also want to try Fulton's sometimes. I just read today that it was added to Tables in Wonderland.

I love Le Cellier - lunch is a little less expensive and very good. We ate there last summer too. That was the first Epcot restaurant I ever ate it, way back in the 80s - would you believe it used to be more of a cafeteria style?!

I got my ADRs yesterday:

7/12 tusker house dinner
7/13 rose and crown dinner (40th birthday for me)
7/14 cape may cafe breakfast
7/15 Teppan Edo dinner

(these are all new places for us except CMC)

7/17 Kona lunch
7/18 H&V Play-n-Dine lunch

7/19 Crystal Palace dinner (5th birthday for my DD and new place for
us)

Cape May has a great breakfast!! I have yet to do Kona for lunch or dinner.....might need to try that one.

i've just booked Le Cellier for lunch too:cool1:
Got booked no problem online:banana:

I love online booking!! So easy, and a lot quicker!

Thanks for the welcomes!! You guys that have made your ADRs are soo lucky I am restless waiting for my window!!
I want to make Crystal Palace
CRT
and story book

Yes I will def. be surprising my daughter she will be 5.5 and I know she will drive me batty if I tell her now!!:rotfl: I am going to tell her maybe a week before..I already have it in my head how I am going to do it.

When can you book? We surprised the kids the first time we went with a scavenger hunt. It was so much fun.

We'll be there over the 4th, too! Waiting for IPO to call us back--we want a Wishes! cruise on July 4th, but they haven't opened those up for booking yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

We'll be there over the 4th, too! Waiting for IPO to call us back--we want a Wishes! cruise on July 4th, but they haven't opened those up for booking yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.

YES THEY HAVE!!!! I thought it was 90 days out too, but I called this weekend and SHOCKINGLY got the cruise fo the 3rd!! I thought there was no way I'd get it because I was a few days later than 180, but I got it! CALL AND TRY!

YES THEY HAVE!!!! I thought it was 90 days out too, but I called this weekend and SHOCKINGLY got the cruise fo the 3rd!! I thought there was no way I'd get it because I was a few days later than 180, but I got it! CALL AND TRY!

Every day BUT July 4th is open--there's some delay in making the ones for the 4th available, according to the Poly IPO and the folks at WDW-PLAY.
(I know I said this in the other thread, but just in case someone is reading here, they'll know:))

Every day BUT July 4th is open--there's some delay in making the ones for the 4th available, according to the Poly IPO and the folks at WDW-PLAY.
(I know I said this in the other thread, but just in case someone is reading here, they'll know:))

Well good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Let us know!

My DBF has completely taken charge of this years trip! Last year I planned everything, so this year he told me he wants to do it. LOL. So he just told me we are eating at california grill, le cellier, teppan edo, ohana, and yahtsman steakhouse. I am actually impressed he looked at all the menus and picked his favorites and figured how to use our dining plan credits. Lets just see if he can book all those in a couple of weeks........ We still havent booked our package yet but as of right now we are going july 25 to august 1. I am so excited to be going back this year!

Just finished booking my trip!

My DS9, DS14, and I will be staying at BLT from 07/24-08/01 and then moving to Poly from 08/01 to 08/03. We are sooooooooooo excited to be staying at BLT for the first time and I haven't stayed at The Poly since 1981...when I was 10....

Please share how your are going to tell her. Our 2011 trip will be at CRT, assuming I get ressies...so I need some ideas on how to do it too.

Cape May has a great breakfast!! I have yet to do Kona for lunch or dinner.....might need to try that one.

We have always had a great meal at Kona -- and it's not that expensive. I always went for the Tonga Toast for breakfast but this time I switched to the shredded pork and egg thing (sorry forgot the name) and it was incredible! A perfect brunch item!

Just finished booking my trip!

My DS9, DS14, and I will be staying at BLT from 07/24-08/01 and then moving to Poly from 08/01 to 08/03. We are sooooooooooo excited to be staying at BLT for the first time and I haven't stayed at The Poly since 1981...when I was 10....

We just got back from BLT in November and I really didn't think I'd like it ... the pics for me were kind of colorless and sterile.

BUT, I LOVED, LOVED it!!

I so want to go back. And we just had a 1br standard view, but the way the windows part of the room is bigger than the entrance just makes you feel like you are looking out onto the whole world. Awesome!

I don't think I can make my ADRs till the 24th(we are going 7/23-30) did I count right???

Ok.. so my idea for suprising my daughter(sorry if this sounds corney)..
she loves to get mail so I am going to get big box and put helium mickey balloons in it..

so when she opens it the balloon will fly out(like the commercial) and in the box will be a letter from the princesses inviting her to the parks. Along with all the goodies I am making her(epcot passport,autograph book,activity book, and tshirts) and some things I am going to buy her (little trinkets to go in her book bag for the plane)

I don't think I can make my ADRs till the 24th(we are going 7/23-30) did I count right???

she loves to get mail so I am going to get big box and put helium mickey balloons in it..

so when she opens it the balloon will fly out(like the commercial) and in the box will be a letter from the princesses inviting her to the parks. Along with all the goodies I am making her(epcot passport,autograph book,activity book, and tshirts) and some things I am going to buy her (little trinkets to go in her book bag for the plane)

Great idea!
We surprised our kids last July and it was so hard! They're olde--15 & 12--and thought we were going to a swim meet out of town. I unpacked and re-packed the bags they had ready to go, and we took them down to KC, then woke them early the next morning with a "Surprise! We're going to WDW!" and we went to the airport. It was hard keeping the secret but sooo worth it--they were thrilled! They knew about this year's trip, so whenever I slipped and mentioned the trip they just thought mom was nuts and was already planning more than a year in advance!:rotfl:

I love it!

I just put your dates into the "ADR calculator." The 24th is right! Good luck getting what you want!

My DBF has completely taken charge of this years trip! Last year I planned everything, so this year he told me he wants to do it. LOL. So he just told me we are eating at california grill, le cellier, teppan edo, ohana, and yahtsman steakhouse. I am actually impressed he looked at all the menus and picked his favorites and figured how to use our dining plan credits. Lets just see if he can book all those in a couple of weeks........ We still havent booked our package yet but as of right now we are going july 25 to august 1. I am so excited to be going back this year!

Lucky you - sounds like he picked some great places!

That is a great idea!! We did the gift box too - but no balloons. Good luck with booking your ADRs, that is only next week - not too long to wait.

Great idea!
We surprised our kids last July and it was so hard! They're olde--15 & 12--and thought we were going to a swim meet out of town. I unpacked and re-packed the bags they had ready to go, and we took them down to KC, then woke them early the next morning with a "Surprise! We're going to WDW!" and we went to the airport. It was hard keeping the secret but sooo worth it--they were thrilled! They knew about this year's trip, so whenever I slipped and mentioned the trip they just thought mom was nuts and was already planning more than a year in advance!:rotfl:

My kids are old too - 16 and almost 13 - it is fun now having them in on the planning. Last year we surprised them with a Club level stay at the Poly - they knew we were staying at the Poly, but thought it was just Garden View. The look on their face was priceless when the golf cart pulled up in front of the Hawaii building.

Ok, any of you mid-Julyer's :lmao: going to do a trip report? I'll be there July 11-20th and looking for others with TR then...always like to see if I run into any Dissers there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter