~~*Official July 2013 Thread!*~~Our Month has Arrived!

Thanks. We had a really nice time.

Got to try some new things this time around. My DD loved BBB. She had a very nice Fairy God Mother and we got some great pictures of her. She looked so cute. It made me so happy to see her so excited. One of the best moment of the trip! After we had a great meal in the castle. We got to see Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, Aurora, and Jasmine this time. DD was soooo excited to see Jasmine.

Had fun on the new test track. Although I am not super impressed with the inside of the ride and no update to the track really (which we knew was the case) the design your own car part was really fun especially for the kids. They loved competing against each other. We got to do it three times which was fun.

We really liked our room at AKL. It was close to the pool, elevators, lobby, etc. So nice. No upgrade, but we got what we wanted on the giraffe trail so can't complain.

We really enjoyed our dinner at Narcoossee's. Everything was really delicious. Go to sit right by the window and the kids loved watching the boats, monorail, and of course, seeing the castle during dinner.

We love Epcot so it was super nice to be able to spend some time there, more than other parks this year. The kids really enjoy it too. I know people say it's not the best park for kids, but my kids really like it. Had a great dinner at San Angel with the best waiter. He was super nice and had us laughing so hard.

The tour groups were very minimal. We loved that part. Didn't really see them like we have in years past. Maybe because it was the end of the month/beginning of August. We didn't end up in line with any of them at all.

Weather....awesome. (HOT, but awesome). No rain, except for one evening. Lasted about three hours. (Kind of messed with MK plans, but oh well). And it rained for 30 minutes while we were eating dinner another night, but it didn't change any plans at all.

Most disapointing part....Because we usually stay between 8-10 days in the summer, 6 felt a bit short and rushed. We didn't get to do a few rides at Magic Kingdom because of it....and BTMR was down the night we actually had time to ride it. But other than that, the trip was really nice.

Oh and after checking with multiple people who did have refrigerators, we got to AKL and our refrigerator had been tagged on 7-11 and out of order since. So... not all AKL refrigerators work. We did get a room credit which was nice. Gave me a few drinks while we walked through Epcot.

Can't wait to go back in October!!!! A little over two months to go.

Glad you and your family made it back home safe. Sorry about Test Track.. 2 months - WOW, I'm jealous...:) We want to go for the Holiday's :sad:.. Maybe one day we will be able to go. :cool1:

What cute pics and wonderful memories for them. :)

We had my DS12's friend with us for the first week of our trip. They had a blast! His mom, a good friend of mine came for a few days at the end to fly him home. It's a lot of fun having friends in Disney.

I'm going to print all the pics and make an album for them.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks. We had a really nice time.

Got to try some new things this time around. My DD loved BBB. She had a very nice Fairy God Mother and we got some great pictures of her. She looked so cute. It made me so happy to see her so excited. One of the best moment of the trip! After we had a great meal in the castle. We got to see Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, Aurora, and Jasmine this time. DD was soooo excited to see Jasmine.

Had fun on the new test track. Although I am not super impressed with the inside of the ride and no update to the track really (which we knew was the case) the design your own car part was really fun especially for the kids. They loved competing against each other. We got to do it three times which was fun.

We really liked our room at AKL. It was close to the pool, elevators, lobby, etc. So nice. No upgrade, but we got what we wanted on the giraffe trail so can't complain.

We really enjoyed our dinner at Narcoossee's. Everything was really delicious. Go to sit right by the window and the kids loved watching the boats, monorail, and of course, seeing the castle during dinner.

We love Epcot so it was super nice to be able to spend some time there, more than other parks this year. The kids really enjoy it too. I know people say it's not the best park for kids, but my kids really like it. Had a great dinner at San Angel with the best waiter. He was super nice and had us laughing so hard.

The tour groups were very minimal. We loved that part. Didn't really see them like we have in years past. Maybe because it was the end of the month/beginning of August. We didn't end up in line with any of them at all.

Weather....awesome. (HOT, but awesome). No rain, except for one evening. Lasted about three hours. (Kind of messed with MK plans, but oh well). And it rained for 30 minutes while we were eating dinner another night, but it didn't change any plans at all.

Most disapointing part....Because we usually stay between 8-10 days in the summer, 6 felt a bit short and rushed. We didn't get to do a few rides at Magic Kingdom because of it....and BTMR was down the night we actually had time to ride it. But other than that, the trip was really nice.

Oh and after checking with multiple people who did have refrigerators, we got to AKL and our refrigerator had been tagged on 7-11 and out of order since. So... not all AKL refrigerators work. We did get a room credit which was nice. Gave me a few drinks while we walked through Epcot.

Can't wait to go back in October!!!! A little over two months to go.

Sounds like you had a great time! Narcoossees is me & DH's favorite!! Were you there for Wishes?
I think the tour groups are only there in July b/c we've been in August a few times and didn't know what tour groups were til this year in July.
My kids have always loved Epcot too.
We are going in Oct. too :)

Sounds like you had a great time! Narcoossees is me & DH's favorite!! Were you there for Wishes?
I think the tour groups are only there in July b/c we've been in August a few times and didn't know what tour groups were til this year in July.
My kids have always loved Epcot too.
We are going in Oct. too :)

I started a October thread a while ago under the resort section of the boards if you want to stop by.

No, we were not there for Wishes (in the restaurant at least), but ended up in Magic Kingdom for the night and saw it then. Love Wishes.

I started a October thread a while ago under the resort section of the boards if you want to stop by.

No, we were not there for Wishes (in the restaurant at least), but ended up in Magic Kingdom for the night and saw it then. Love Wishes.

We will just be there for 4 days- doing Columbus Day weekend so I can finally see F&W. but I will stop by the thread thanks!

We've been back for a couple weeks now, and it's nice to see others reporting about their trips! Anjalee, I will be there October 4-7. What week are you going? My birthday is October 6th and I will be doing the Food and Wine festival with my Florida relatives on October 6th for the day. Just looking for cheap flights now, and waiting to make sure I have child coverage ( can't go if my husband has a work function that weekend....) and that they will not have anything too important going on for me to miss.

Then DH and I will be returning in March for a conference. Not sure it's at Disney, but it's definitely in Orlando.

We've been back for a couple weeks now, and it's nice to see others reporting about their trips! Anjalee, I will be there October 4-7. What week are you going? My birthday is October 6th and I will be doing the Food and Wine festival with my Florida relatives on October 6th for the day. Just looking for cheap flights now, and waiting to make sure I have child coverage ( can't go if my husband has a work function that weekend....) and that they will not have anything too important going on for me to miss.

Then DH and I will be returning in March for a conference. Not sure it's at Disney, but it's definitely in Orlando.

We are going October 15-20. Can't wait. FOod and Wine is so much fun and then we are taking the kids to MNSSHP, which is also fun. Looking for flights now too. Hope child care works out for you.

we also felt that it was somewhat unfair to the rest of the CSR guests. The CSR CM was rather defensive, and we walked away with the feeling that this resort does not give equal priority to all of it's guests. Conventions are where the money is...enough said. All in all, this was the only negative of our vacation. We had a wonderful time, but we will never stay at CSR again.[/QUOTE]

That sounds like bad PR. ALL guests deserve to be treated well! They should have set up a separate coffee station for non convention guests.

I'm glad you had a great time.
I'm on my way to the Cape tomorrow for 2 days- in Dennis- Mayflower Beach.
Can't wait!

What cute pics and wonderful memories for them. :)

We had my DS12's friend with us for the first week of our trip. They had a blast! His mom, a good friend of mine came for a few days at the end to fly him home. It's a lot of fun having friends in Disney.

I'm going to print all the pics and make an album for them.

Yes I agree with Friends at Disney. Sharing the excitement is really something special. The Album idea is a perfect gift. :thumbsup2

I love your collages!!:cool1:
Where was the metal mickey head which the girls sat in the ears??
Nice job!!:cheer2::cheer2:

Thanks, :goodvibes The metal Mickey ears is on the Bay Lake side of the Contemporary Resort in front of the pool area. :)

Sun Country posted a fare deal that is tough to beat for October this year. Tempted to go home tonight and book a Friday, Saturday, Sunday trip. It would be the weekend of my DD's birthday, golden birthday too. We really want to do MNSSHP. Tempting... should I, yes or no???

Sun Country posted a fare deal that is tough to beat for October this year. Tempted to go home tonight and book a Friday, Saturday, Sunday trip. It would be the weekend of my DD's birthday, golden birthday too. We really want to do MNSSHP. Tempting... should I, yes or no???

Yes!!! Why is this even a question? Lol!! :D

MamaSammy said:

Yes, Yes... take us with you... I have 2 more weeks of vacation left. My Boss will not let me take them. I have no choice but to cash them in, Boss demands it, I would rather take them and go to Disney.

For all of you going during MNSSHP please take pictures and post them...DD and I have never seen pic's other than on Disney web sites.

Yes, Yes... take us with you... I have 2 more weeks of vacation left. My Boss will not let me take them. I have no choice but to cash them in, Boss demands it, I would rather take them and go to Disney.

For all of you going during MNSSHP please take pictures and post them...

Really? It is only because I am sure it is hard to manage without you there! I will only have to take one day off from work, and currently I am maxed out on earned PTO hours so I do need to use them :)

3 days is short, but 3 days is still 3 days! I could not believe the prices for airline tickets when I saw the deal!

MamaSammy said:
Really? It is only because I am sure it is hard to manage without you there! I will only have to take one day off from work, and currently I am maxed out on earned PTO hours so I do need to use them :)

3 days is short, but 3 days is still 3 days! I could not believe the prices for airline tickets when I saw the deal!

Thanks MamaSammy, I have worked for the same Boss for 28 years now and he does not like it when I want to go to Disney. He said I am to old for it... I just smile and keep my mouth closed.

Little does he know when I retire, I am going to be one of the ones picking up trash or working the gates. One or the other, I promise I will be working fo Disney. Ha!!! Ha!!!!

Sorry no smily face, cause I am on my phone. They are now monitoring what web sites we visit now while at work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter