~~*Official July 2013 Thread!*~~Our Month has Arrived!

We just got back home late Saturday night. Spent Sunday unpacking, and catching up on laundry, and mail. We had a good road trip in both directions; no major issues with traffic back ups on I 95. As far as weather, we had the usual late afternoon downpours, but the sun did shine for the majority of our vacation so we were very happy. We did see the Brazillian tour groups everywhere, but they were not an issue for us, in fact, there was one instance when we got on to a standing room only bus, and some young Brazillians jumped up and offered us their seats, so they scored some big politeness points with us!:goodvibes We had no problems in the parks, and were were able to enjoy all of the major attractions with little to no wait. We were able to dine at BOG for lunch and dinner. We were seated in the big ballroom right by the large windows to watch the snow fall. We really enjoyed our meals at dinner, and we got to try the Grey Stuff, and we had fun with the Beast. We all tried different sandwiches at lunch, and we all agreed that they were nothing very special. The french onion soup paled in comparison to the potato leek soup that we enjoyed had at dinner; the broth had no flavor or seasonings at all, and none of us liked it. For the first time, we tried the dinner buffet at Trails End, and we all agreed it was THE best Disney buffet we've ever had. We arrived at 5pm, and the food was hot and fresh, and everything we ate was fabulous, as was the service. Breakfast at Kona Cafe was good, and we enjoyed our meal at 'Ohana, but the service was lacking. We stayed at CSR, and enjoyed some good meals at CSR's Pepper Market; the staff there was exceptionally friendly. About halfway through our stay, a ginormous convention checked in to CSR, and this had a big impact on our mornings. We could not get a quick breakfast, or coffee at Cafe Rix because the line extended out into the lobby, and wrapped around the fountain....all conventioneers. Had we waited in this line we would have missed EMH's and rope drop at the parks. To make matters worse, the small coffee bar take out window beside Pepper Market was closed during this convention. Because of this situation, we were forced to grab breakfast in the parks; something we do not like to do, because we have our park time planned out. We were able to work around this situation, but we did politely voice our concerns to one of the CM's at CSR. We felt as though they could have easily set up some sort of coffee/breakfast station in the convention center and we also felt that it was somewhat unfair to the rest of the CSR guests. The CSR CM was rather defensive, and we walked away with the feeling that this resort does not give equal priority to all of it's guests. Conventions are where the money is...enough said. All in all, this was the only negative of our vacation. We had a wonderful time, but we will never stay at CSR again.

We returned yesterday after a fabulous trip.

We were there for the month but unfortunately it felt like a couple of weeks. It is never long enough! :(

Now this was our first trip in July. The week of the fourth was insane!! I'm not a fan of returning that week again. The fireworks were amazing. We saw them on the 3rd at MK. We didn't even stay at EP on the 4th b/c of all the people. I have never seen so many people there before.

The weeks after that improved. I never knew what the Brazilian tour groups were. Well now I know:( I have never seen so many teenagers before. My DS16 didn't mind them so much lol. It's just so weird to me that they are on these trips. Are they school trips??? It's winter down there right now isn't it?

We did get to eat lunch at BOG. We only waited for about 15-20 min. And there were 9 of us!! But like capegirl said the food was nothing special. I didn't even finish my sandwich. :( it was cool looking inside though.

We also ate at Trails End for the first time. All I can say is its a hidden gem! The food was delicious!! I asked the server why this place wasn't packed???

We also tried Ohana for dinner this trip and it was also a huge hit. It is now DS16's new favorite!!! He has a few favorites. Unfortunately they are expensive favorites. Lol :)

We had 2 birthday celebrations this trip. My mom and my niece. We celebrated my mom's b-day at Rose&Crown. We ordered a specialty Tinkerbell cake. It was beautiful and she was so surprised!! My sister posted a pic of it on the Coming to you live from Disney World thread. It's in the Dining reviews forum If you wanna check it out.

My niece's b-day was at CRT w/ a visit to BBB before hand. I was looking forward to this more than anything since I had never been here before. It's kinda hard when you have 2 boys. Her birthday was an excuse to get us all there finally!! Yay :)
She had a specialty Cinderella cake. It was a great lunch!!

We had dinner at Garden Grill our last night in Disney. It is a family favorite. Great food and great time with characters!!

We also ate at Sci-Fi and Flying Fish. Both were excellent and must dos for us each trip.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We just got back home late Saturday night. Spent Sunday unpacking, and catching up on laundry, and mail. We had a good road trip in both directions; no major issues with traffic back ups on I 95. As far as weather, we had the usual late afternoon downpours, but the sun did shine for the majority of our vacation so we were very happy. We did see the Brazillian tour groups everywhere, but they were not an issue for us, in fact, there was one instance when we got on to a standing room only bus, and some young Brazillians jumped up and offered us their seats, so they scored some big politeness points with us!:goodvibes We had no problems in the parks, and were were able to enjoy all of the major attractions with little to no wait. We were able to dine at BOG for lunch and dinner. We were seated in the big ballroom right by the large windows to watch the snow fall. We really enjoyed our meals at dinner, and we got to try the Grey Stuff, and we had fun with the Beast. We all tried different sandwiches at lunch, and we all agreed that they were nothing very special. The french onion soup paled in comparison to the potato leek soup that we enjoyed had at dinner; the broth had no flavor or seasonings at all, and none of us liked it. For the first time, we tried the dinner buffet at Trails End, and we all agreed it was THE best Disney buffet we've ever had. We arrived at 5pm, and the food was hot and fresh, and everything we ate was fabulous, as was the service. Breakfast at Kona Cafe was good, and we enjoyed our meal at 'Ohana, but the service was lacking. We stayed at CSR, and enjoyed some good meals at CSR's Pepper Market; the staff there was exceptionally friendly. About halfway through our stay, a ginormous convention checked in to CSR, and this had a big impact on our mornings. We could not get a quick breakfast, or coffee at Cafe Rix because the line extended out into the lobby, and wrapped around the fountain....all conventioneers. Had we waited in this line we would have missed EMH's and rope drop at the parks. To make matters worse, the small coffee bar take out window beside Pepper Market was closed during this convention. Because of this situation, we were forced to grab breakfast in the parks; something we do not like to do, because we have our park time planned out. We were able to work around this situation, but we did politely voice our concerns to one of the CM's at CSR. We felt as though they could have easily set up some sort of coffee/breakfast station in the convention center and we also felt that it was somewhat unfair to the rest of the CSR guests. The CSR CM was rather defensive, and we walked away with the feeling that this resort does not give equal priority to all of it's guests. Conventions are where the money is...enough said. All in all, this was the only negative of our vacation. We had a wonderful time, but we will never stay at CSR again.

Glad you had a great trip even with your issues at CSR. Ohana's is one of our very favorites. We also tried BOG for dinner, although the food and atmosphere was very good for us, don't know if we would make it one of our return to every year. many next year we'll try their lunch.

The Brazilian's - yes there are a lot of them I would say. They don't bother us a bit. We've been with them for a few years now, so we have learned to work around there large groups.

Sorry we missed you guy's, maybe in the future!! Glad you made it back home safe.

We returned yesterday after a fabulous trip.

We were there for the month but unfortunately it felt like a couple of weeks. It is never long enough! :(

Now this was our first trip in July. The week of the fourth was insane!! I'm not a fan of returning that week again. The fireworks were amazing. We saw them on the 3rd at MK. We didn't even stay at EP on the 4th b/c of all the people. I have never seen so many people there before.

The weeks after that improved. I never knew what the Brazilian tour groups were. Well now I know:( I have never seen so many teenagers before. My DS16 didn't mind them so much lol. It's just so weird to me that they are on these trips. Are they school trips??? It's winter down there right now isn't it?

We did get to eat lunch at BOG. We only waited for about 15-20 min. And there were 9 of us!! But like capegirl said the food was nothing special. I didn't even finish my sandwich. :( it was cool looking inside though.

We also ate at Trails End for the first time. All I can say is its a hidden gem! The food was delicious!! I asked the server why this place wasn't packed???

We also tried Ohana for dinner this trip and it was also a huge hit. It is now DS16's new favorite!!! He has a few favorites. Unfortunately they are expensive favorites. Lol :)

We had 2 birthday celebrations this trip. My mom and my niece. We celebrated my mom's b-day at Rose&Crown. We ordered a specialty Tinkerbell cake. It was beautiful and she was so surprised!! My sister posted a pic of it on the Coming to you live from Disney World thread. It's in the Dining reviews forum If you wanna check it out.

My niece's b-day was at CRT w/ a visit to BBB before hand. I was looking forward to this more than anything since I had never been here before. It's kinda hard when you have 2 boys. Her birthday was an excuse to get us all there finally!! Yay :)
She had a specialty Cinderella cake. It was a great lunch!!

We had dinner at Garden Grill our last night in Disney. It is a family favorite. Great food and great time with characters!!

We also ate at Sci-Fi and Flying Fish. Both were excellent and must dos for us each trip.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

WOW!! a whole month. I would have felt as if I went to Heaven if we were there for a month. :thumbsup2 You are right, the Brazilian tour groups can be polite at times, there just kids, right?

Both you and Capegirl commented about how nice Trail End was, so we will have to put that down as Must Do's for next year. As many times we have been to Disneyworld - we still have not tried Garden Grill, Must Do for next year also. Sci-Fi is one of our favorites also, we have a server from England (Sarah) we ask for every time we dine there.

All in all, sounds like you had a magical time. Hope we meet up in the future. :)

I just found out that the husband of a good friend, who is Brazilian, was part of those tour groups when he was 11, and so was his sister a while later! That cracks me up. I can't wait to discuss it with him.

I just found out that the husband of a good friend, who is Brazilian, was part of those tour groups when he was 11, and so was his sister a while later! That cracks me up. I can't wait to discuss it with him.

That's neat. It would be to our advantage to learn a little about the tour groups. I meant to ask a couple of groups but never had the opportunity. I would be curious as to what you find out.

The time has come to depart your home town and to travel to the most Magical Place on earth.

Safe travels and may pixiedust: be sprinkled on you and your families.

Have A Great Disney Vacation :wave2:

~Arriving July 30~
lmoores- July 30- August 3 @ Poly
duels23- July 30- August 4 @ POR
Disney's Fab 4- July 30- August 6 @ POP

The time has come to depart your home town and to travel to the most Magical Place on earth.

Safe travels and may pixiedust: be sprinkled on you and your families.

Have A Great Disney Vacation :wave2:

~Arriving July 30~
lmoores- July 30- August 3 @ Poly
duels23- July 30- August 4 @ POR
Disney's Fab 4- July 30- August 6 @ POP

Thanks so much for doing that Bob. We r having so much fun. Lunch at 50's was lots of fun. We had a fun meal. Got to do most things so far today. We are at Hollywood and plan to leave soon for Epcot.

Thanks so much for doing that Bob. We r having so much fun. Lunch at 50's was lots of fun. We had a fun meal. Got to do most things so far today. We are at Hollywood and plan to leave soon for Epcot.

No problem Ms. Angalee - Glad your time at HS was fun and everything was enjoyable at 50's. Be sure to ride Test Track, the neon blue colors of the first part of the ride is really neat.

Killing time at DTD before heading to the airport!! Sad is not the word :'(

Had a great trip, have forgotten how much the rain was annoying me a few days ago! Does feel like we've been here a long time but does not make me want to leave :-(

Have fun everyone who is still here or still has to arrive. Will feedback once I'm back in bonnie Scotland! Boo!!!!

Mo x

Killing time at DTD before heading to the airport!! Sad is not the word :'(

Had a great trip, have forgotten how much the rain was annoying me a few days ago! Does feel like we've been here a long time but does not make me want to leave :-(

Have fun everyone who is still here or still has to arrive. Will feedback once I'm back in bonnie Scotland! Boo!!!!

Mo x

Miss Mo - Glad we heard from you. Sorry about the rain and we will be waiting for your report. Have a safe flight.

Thanks Bob!! The weather the last few days has been great!! Had an amazing 2 weeks!! Just don't want to leave!!!!!! :-(

No problem Ms. Angalee - Glad your time at HS was fun and everything was enjoyable at 50's. Be sure to ride Test Track, the neon blue colors of the first part of the ride is really neat.

We are at Epcot having a great time. We just had dinner and now we are just enjoying some rides before heading back to the hotel. Kids are getting tired. Didn't ride test track. Got here and the line was too long, but hopefully later in the week.

We are at Epcot having a great time. We just had dinner and now we are just enjoying some rides before heading back to the hotel. Kids are getting tired. Didn't ride test track. Got here and the line was too long, but hopefully later in the week.

Great - Epcot is a lot of fun. How does it feel to be back home to AKL? Really enjoyed the pools and sitting in the lobby early in the morning.

AK Park this morning for you and the family. Enjoy Tusker's!!!:goodvibes

:welcome:back home Angalee!!! we all know you and your Family had a Magical Time at Disney. :cool1:

:welcome:back home Angalee!!! we all know you and your Family had a Magical Time at Disney. :cool1:

Thanks. We had a really nice time.

Got to try some new things this time around. My DD loved BBB. She had a very nice Fairy God Mother and we got some great pictures of her. She looked so cute. It made me so happy to see her so excited. One of the best moment of the trip! After we had a great meal in the castle. We got to see Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel, Aurora, and Jasmine this time. DD was soooo excited to see Jasmine.

Had fun on the new test track. Although I am not super impressed with the inside of the ride and no update to the track really (which we knew was the case) the design your own car part was really fun especially for the kids. They loved competing against each other. We got to do it three times which was fun.

We really liked our room at AKL. It was close to the pool, elevators, lobby, etc. So nice. No upgrade, but we got what we wanted on the giraffe trail so can't complain.

We really enjoyed our dinner at Narcoossee's. Everything was really delicious. Go to sit right by the window and the kids loved watching the boats, monorail, and of course, seeing the castle during dinner.

We love Epcot so it was super nice to be able to spend some time there, more than other parks this year. The kids really enjoy it too. I know people say it's not the best park for kids, but my kids really like it. Had a great dinner at San Angel with the best waiter. He was super nice and had us laughing so hard.

The tour groups were very minimal. We loved that part. Didn't really see them like we have in years past. Maybe because it was the end of the month/beginning of August. We didn't end up in line with any of them at all.

Weather....awesome. (HOT, but awesome). No rain, except for one evening. Lasted about three hours. (Kind of messed with MK plans, but oh well). And it rained for 30 minutes while we were eating dinner another night, but it didn't change any plans at all.

Most disapointing part....Because we usually stay between 8-10 days in the summer, 6 felt a bit short and rushed. We didn't get to do a few rides at Magic Kingdom because of it....and BTMR was down the night we actually had time to ride it. But other than that, the trip was really nice.

Oh and after checking with multiple people who did have refrigerators, we got to AKL and our refrigerator had been tagged on 7-11 and out of order since. So... not all AKL refrigerators work. We did get a room credit which was nice. Gave me a few drinks while we walked through Epcot.

Can't wait to go back in October!!!! A little over two months to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter