~~*Official July 2013 Thread!*~~Our Month has Arrived!

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie but so excited about a big family trip we are taking this summer. We are taking the auto train and will arrive at ASMUSIC on July 1. We will be staying for five days. We are going with 22 members of our extended family. I would appreciate any tips for a first time trip :). My kids will be 16, 13 and 9 by July.

CtownMinnie said:
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie but so excited about a big family trip we are taking this summer. We are taking the auto train and will arrive at ASMUSIC on July 1. We will be staying for five days. We are going with 22 members of our extended family. I would appreciate any tips for a first time trip :). My kids will be 16, 13 and 9 by July.

I should have said a first time staying on disney property trip. We have been a couple of times for one day trips.

Welcome~ It sounds like you and your family will have a great trip with 22 people!! Wow Have fun.
pixiedust:

We are booked!! :banana::banana::banana:

So officially joining you! :thumbsup2

AoA from 16-20 July then SSR from 20-30 July!!

Excited!!!! :banana::banana:

Now to get saving!! ALOT!!

We are booked!! :banana::banana::banana:

So officially joining you! :thumbsup2

AoA from 16-20 July then SSR from 20-30 July!!

Excited!!!! :banana::banana:

Now to get saving!! ALOT!!

That is awesome! You will have a great trip. It is looking more like we are not going to be able to swing another trip in July this upcoming year.. :scared::sad1::sad1:

If things change will jump back on the board. Looks like Thanksgiving and Spring Break will be it for a while..

That is awesome! You will have a great trip. It is looking more like we are not going to be able to swing another trip in July this upcoming year.. :scared::sad1::sad1:

If things change will jump back on the board. Looks like Thanksgiving and Spring Break will be it for a while..

Looks like our July trip might. It happen now either! :mad: We spent a lot of money renovating our kitchen and downstairs this past summer and with our anniversary trip, it would be smart of us to save our money. We will have to see, but it's probably a no go.

We are also in panic mode over Hurricane Sandy. We are suppose to leave in five days. School has already been closed for us form!onday and Tuesday. My mom was coming from NJ to watch the kids, but if the storm is really bad then she may not be able to get here. Ugh! Was so looking forward to this trip! Not sure what will happen now. Feel like this is all going to be a big mess!

Booked POR-Riverside for July 10-16th. We are a group of 9..my mom is picking up the tab for us. This will be 3 of our groups high school graduation present..and us parents get to come along for the ride.

I am going to book a room at Hard Rock pre-Disney and treat my mom to HP.. ( and also because my 21 DD swears she will leave Disney one day to see it )

I am so excited I have already became plannerdenise! ..and my poor hubby has asked me ever so nicely to stay off these boards and spend time with him.:rotfl2:

Looks like our July trip might. It happen now either! :mad: We spent a lot of money renovating our kitchen and downstairs this past summer and with our anniversary trip, it would be smart of us to save our money. We will have to see, but it's probably a no go.

We are also in panic mode over Hurricane Sandy. We are suppose to leave in five days. School has already been closed for us form!onday and Tuesday. My mom was coming from NJ to watch the kids, but if the storm is really bad then she may not be able to get here. Ugh! Was so looking forward to this trip! Not sure what will happen now. Feel like this is all going to be a big mess!

Anjalee: My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope Sandy will not be as bad as predicted, and that it will not interfere with your travel plans.

Anjalee: My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope Sandy will not be as bad as predicted, and that it will not interfere with your travel plans.

Nancy, thanks for the well wishes. I am really worried about my dad in NJ right near Atlantic City. He is riding out the storm. As of this morning, he still had power so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

At this point, the trip is just a secondary worry. I guess we will go if we can and if not, we will reschedule.

Hi I'm jumping on this board. I was on the April board but the flights were ridiculous!!! We are sad b/c we like going that time of year but we can stay longer in the summer so that a bonus. No restrictions to get back for school.
We haven't booked anything yet- waiting for SW flights to come out. We know we're staying at the Hard Rock CL b/c DS15 and DH didn't want this to be a just Disney vacation. I was extremely sad about that but just happy to be going again. We'll be doing a day at Disney to make me and DS11 happy. I had even made a BOG ressie for April before we decided to cancel. So I know that will be our 1 park ressie when we go in July.

anjalee6 said:
Nancy, thanks for the well wishes. I am really worried about my dad in NJ right near Atlantic City. He is riding out the storm. As of this morning, he still had power so I am keeping my fingers crossed.

At this point, the trip is just a secondary worry. I guess we will go if we can and if not, we will reschedule.

Hope your dad is ok. We live on the south coast of MA. School was cancelled and we are expected to lose power. When were you suppose to be leaving for Disney?

Hope your dad is ok. We live on the south coast of MA. School was cancelled and we are expected to lose power. When were you suppose to be leaving for Disney?

Thanks. We are supposed to leave first thing Friday morning. I know the storm will be gone by then, but we don't know what the power situation will be like for the next week if we lose power. Plus, my mom in NJ is who was going to watch the kids while we go out of town. May not be able to happen now. We will see. Keeping my fingers and toes crosses. Here is hoping you stay safe as well.

Add us to the list too :goodvibes

Heading back to OKW 4th - 18th July, 18th - 24th not yet booked but likely to be Royal Pacific Resort.
This will be an extra special trip as we have got Disney Dining Plan and extended family are joining us.
Party of 11 includes mother-in-law, father-in-law, sister-in-law and her family.

Hello Anjalee

Hope you and all of your family are doing well and all safe. Are prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

For all you July regulars~ how is it?? We've never been in July before. We will be there for the 4th.
We have however been in April several times. I hear that spring break around Easter is much worse. What do you think?

In my honest opinon I think it is the time in July that you go regarding crowd levels.. We went towards the end of July and only ran into one night of a large student tour group that chanted throughout the park, I don't know how they did not lose their voices.... Anyway after that night we did not run into anymore of them.

The weather was HOT, I mean really HOT!!! I allowed myself to get dehydrated one day and that was not pleasant. I learned one must drink lots and lots of water in that extreme heat.

We followed the touring plans guide for crowd levels at each park and that helped. Also going early was a big advantage.

Have fun!

In my honest opinon I think it is the time in July that you go regarding crowd levels.. We went towards the end of July and only ran into one night of a large student tour group that chanted throughout the park, I don't know how they did not lose their voices.... Anyway after that night we did not run into anymore of them.

The weather was HOT, I mean really HOT!!! I allowed myself to get dehydrated one day and that was not pleasant. I learned one must drink lots and lots of water in that extreme heat.

We followed the touring plans guide for crowd levels at each park and that helped. Also going early was a big advantage.

Have fun![/QUOTEc

Thanks I'm not to worried about it b/c we are early people. And we've gone a few times in August so we know how hot it is. I'm sure we'll be fine.

We just got home late last night from our 10th anniversary trip. It was so much fun and dare I say, relaxing. With the kids, it's a whole different experience..a great experience, but a different experience. We had a wonderful time. We ate at Narcoossee's for the first time and it was wonderful. We got to do everything we wanted to do in just four days.

Now, we are still debating whether we can a really pull off a July trip this year. I really thought we would be able to do it, but it looks like it's really up in the air. We will have to decide soon.

I will try to update the list soon for our new additions now that my focus is off of our November trip.

anjalee6 said:
We just got home late last night from our 10th anniversary trip. It was so much fun and dare I say, relaxing. With the kids, it's a whole different experience..a great experience, but a different experience. We had a wonderful time. We ate at Narcoossee's for the first time and it was wonderful. We got to do everything we wanted to do in just four days.

Now, we are still debating whether we can a really pull off a July trip this year. I really thought we would be able to do it, but it looks like it's really up in the air. We will have to decide soon.

I will try to update the list soon for our new additions now that my focus is off of our November trip.

Anjalee it is good to hear from you and that you were able to keep your plans. Glad your family are all okay and that you had a wonderful quiet trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter