Official june 2010 thread!

We just got back and are so sad!! :sad1: We had a wonderful time but it was hot and humid...although I must say it is even worse here at home!!

Can't stop crying. We are supposed to leave tomorrow, but we just decided not to go. I've been in the hospital for 2 days and need emergency surgery. I signed myself out against doctor's orders and we were going anyway, but as we were packing I got really sick again. I guess we are going back to the ER. :guilty: Hopefully I can wait until morning so I can cancel with Disney. Southwest was really nice about canceling the flight.

:hug: Oh man, that sucks!!! I am so sorry, I hope that your surgery goes well and that you will be able to go on your trip soon!! Feel better!!!

Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear this. I was reading this thread to see if you had posted again about leaving soon. Keep us updated! :hug:

:sad1: I hope everything goes well with your surgery and it's a quick recovery so you can head down there soon :cool1:
Thanks guys. Today was terrible. My kids woke up excited to go to the airport, and I had to tell them that I had cancelled the trip during the night. The hardest part for me was when they started making up reasons why they were glad they weren't at Disney to make me feel better. :guilty: I've got some sweet kids. :love:

The good news is that I've not had to go back to the ER yet. The pain is getting worse, but I'm trying my best to fight it. My surgery is scheduled for the 25th. The doc wants me to try and recover some before then. Until surgery I'm on "rest".

I've calculated the amount of time she said I'd need to recover, and I've already started planning our "make-up" trip!!!!! It looks like I'll finally get to see Disney decorated for Christmas! :cloud9:

The hardest part for me was when they started making up reasons why they were glad they weren't at Disney to make me feel better. :guilty: I've got some sweet kids. :love:

Disney at Christmas is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I am so sorry that you had to cancel. You have SUCH sweet kids! All the best for your surgery, and recovery. Just think how much cooler it will be when you are there!

Thanks guys. Today was terrible. My kids woke up excited to go to the airport, and I had to tell them that I had cancelled the trip during the night. The hardest part for me was when they started making up reasons why they were glad they weren't at Disney to make me feel better. :guilty: I've got some sweet kids. :love:

The good news is that I've not had to go back to the ER yet. The pain is getting worse, but I'm trying my best to fight it. My surgery is scheduled for the 25th. The doc wants me to try and recover some before then. Until surgery I'm on "rest".

I've calculated the amount of time she said I'd need to recover, and I've already started planning our "make-up" trip!!!!! It looks like I'll finally get to see Disney decorated for Christmas! :cloud9:

Take care of yourself! I know it must be disappointing, but you still have something to look forward to, and that's a good thing! Your kids are definitely sweet!

You do have great kids! and I am sure it will be beautiful all decorated for Christmas :cool1: :lovestruc

3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!! First time going to Disney! Also going to Islands of Adventure to see Harry Potter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Chaos will ensue, but I'll enjoy it! :D

I am so sorry that you had to cancel your trip! I know how hard it is to be anticipating something so much and then have it taken away from you. However, now you have a WHOLE NEW TRIP to plan for, which is pretty great! And honestly, sometimes the anticipatory part of a trip is as good as the actual trip so just think, you get double the anticipation!!!

We just got back - we had SO MUCH FUN!!! The weather was hot hot hot during the day and fairly mild at night. It only rained once while we were there!

Already planning our next trip... :woohoo:

So sorry about this! The 25th will be here and gone before you know it and now the kids can look forward to the future trip. You're kids sound great! Disney isn't going anywhere and I am sure it will be more enjoyable for everyone when you feel more like yourself.

We are going next week! But we booked our flight with spirit and now are very nervous that the strike will continue.:scared1:

Got back on Friday.:sad1:Had a great time but boy was it hot. It was great to see MSEP and we enjoyed the new fireworks. Hope everyone has a great trip!

Disney at Christmas is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! I am so sorry that you had to cancel. You have SUCH sweet kids! All the best for your surgery, and recovery. Just think how much cooler it will be when you are there!
Thank you! I can't wait to see how beautiful it is! I've watched all the Travel Channel specials, but thought we'd never go. Normally, I would never pull my kids from school for a vacation, but I think this is an exception. :thumbsup2

Take care of yourself! I know it must be disappointing, but you still have something to look forward to, and that's a good thing! Your kids are definitely sweet!
Thank you! I am feeling really bad this week. Cancelling was the right decision. :sad:

You do have great kids! and I am sure it will be beautiful all decorated for Christmas :cool1: :lovestruc
I know! I can't wait!!! The kids are getting excited, too.... Although I think getting to miss a week of school is adding to the excitement! ;)

I am so sorry that you had to cancel your trip! I know how hard it is to be anticipating something so much and then have it taken away from you. However, now you have a WHOLE NEW TRIP to plan for, which is pretty great! And honestly, sometimes the anticipatory part of a trip is as good as the actual trip so just think, you get double the anticipation!!!
I completely agree! I've already got our December dining booked! :woohoo:

So sorry about this! The 25th will be here and gone before you know it and now the kids can look forward to the future trip. You're kids sound great! Disney isn't going anywhere and I am sure it will be more enjoyable for everyone when you feel more like yourself.
My boys were so sweet. I tried my best to talk them into going without me, but they said it just wouldn't be the same. :lovestruc

Just checked us in! Our coutdown is down to single digits! Staying at CBR this time, can't remember ever staying there before though my aunt swears I have. So ecstatic that I found this site to indulge my Disney obsession!!

We got back Saturday from WDW and nobody cried because we had to come home! After 7 days of heat, humidity, & seeing most of the sites, we were all ready to come home.

Before we went DH said he would never go again. Now that we're home, he's still seeing things on park maps that we didn't do. Now he says he would go again in a few years:thumbsup2 so the pixie dust DOES work!

We're all worn out, but happy. My brain is still too full to write a trip/dining report. I'm still having dreams about walking around WDW & DH has had dreams about being on rides!

Best wishes to all who are still waiting for your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter