***Official June, 2012! Hot, hot, hot!!!***

I totally understand - I mean I love my in-laws, but at a distance. 750 miles is close enough for me!!! I can't imagine taking a vacation with them! And DH agrees with me! ;)

We had no clue, and we will NEVER do it again. They will think nothing of coming for a weekend now that they are moving to Texas, we plan to be unavailable for awhile when they call to come visit.

party:

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!

:banana: :banana:

:woohoo: :woohoo:

:dance3:

After we left home this morning and got to the first stop light on the way to my daughter’s summer camp, I said, “Guess what.” She immediately said, “Nine days.”

I started dancing at the stop light singing “Single digit dance…yeah, single digit dance!” She joined in and danced a little. Ds started doing a little dance in his seat and laughing.

Yeah, we’re crazy. We need a vacation. :lmao:

party:

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!

:banana: :banana:

:woohoo: :woohoo:

:dance3:

After we left home this morning and got to the first stop light on the way to my daughter’s summer camp, I said, “Guess what.” She immediately said, “Nine days.”

I started dancing at the stop light singing “Single digit dance…yeah, single digit dance!” She joined in and danced a little. Ds started doing a little dance in his seat and laughing.

Yeah, we’re crazy. We need a vacation. :lmao:

I am glad to hear someone else's DD is as excited as mine! My DD11 made up a song and dance routine for single digits to the tune of Beyonce's Single Ladies the other day....."Now its single digits - now its single digits", LOL!! :banana:

DD is 19 and we STILL do the single digit dance! DH thinks we're nuts, but I don't care! It's awesome!!!! :love::love::love::love::love:

It only takes once doesn't it? I will never do that again. I honestly had no idea it would turn out like that, especially since we had had a nice few days at our house before the trip. You live and you learn!

See it really didnt even take me once cause I knew the stuff was gonna hit the fan before I even got in the car to leave, LOL! The fact that my mother in law (till the day she died) called me by my husband's ex-wife's name (a name which sounds nothing like mine, BTW) was the first clue that this was NOT going to be a good trip................:eek:

For those of us there during the NALEO convention, heads up about the traffic patterns around the Contemporary and MK for the Romney and Obama visits:

http://www.naleo.org/Orlando2012/update.html

I’ve been reading about this and hoping it won’t have an effect on us. We arrive the 21st. We’re staying at All-Star Movies and I’m hoping it won’t interfere with us going to MK that evening and over to Epcot on 6/22. I feel for people actually staying at CR. From what I have read from people staying there, they were not told anything about this event ahead of time and have still had no communication about it. I’d certainly hate to have a stay booked there and arrive to see I can’t even get to the hotel.

I've also read concerns of people who have Chef Mickey's reservations and the like. Fortunately for us, our Chef Mickey's ADR isn't until the 29th.

Hoping for the best for all affected. We plan a long time for these trips, and of all of the things you have to consider when booking, you don't anticipate stuff like this.

See it really didnt even take me once cause I knew the stuff was gonna hit the fan before I even got in the car to leave, LOL! The fact that my mother in law (till the day she died) called me by my husband's ex-wife's name (a name which sounds nothing like mine, BTW) was the first clue that this was NOT going to be a good trip................:eek:

I wish I had known. I was sort of bashed for not liking my MIL, because of things she said and did (or should I say didn't do) in the past, but had not spent any time with her, so I guess I got paid back. I just don't need her kind of crazy in my life.

Have any of you ever eaten at the restaurant Sanaa?

I just made a reservation for it and never been there before.

Well, we got back home yesterday from 4 miserable days at WDW, the rain I could deal with, but the in-laws were a nightmare from you know where.

Had a nice birthday breakfast with klmall, but the rest of the day, they made me so miserable.

We got to see and do very little with them almost always complaining.

I want a do over!

For those going in the next few days, I hope you have a fabulous time.

I am so sorry your magical time was ruined. :hug: Thank goodness it sounds like your DH is on your side. How much worse it could be if he wasn't in agreement with you! I give you BIG kudos for travelling with them. There will be a special angel halo made just for you! :littleangel:

Did your DH ever tell them they were being a pain while you guys were there? Just curious what their main beef was and if he tried to head it off. My DH avoids any confrontation with his parents, therefore causing an even larger problem down the road.

OK, so get busy planning the next in-law free trip!

Congratulations to all you June DIS'ers about to leave! Have a safe and magical trip! I hope the weather is better for you guys.

On this past Sunday, our last day, the weather was gorgeous!! Go figure! Even though it poured at times, stormed many afternoons, and had general rain almost every day, we managed to have a great time and experienced most things we wanted to. The key is total flexibility. Buy good ponchos or rain coats at home before you get there to save some money and have touring plans that you can adjust if you have to. On our first night there, we pulled FP's for BTMRR. We got in line at our return time of 7:30 when a nice thunderstorm started. We were the last ones they let in line before they closed down the line and the ride. We stood there getting drenched through our Dollar Tree ponchos as we were stuck in the outside part of the line. I think we waited about 20 minutes before they opened it again. It was fun riding it in the light rain, though!

My most disappointing day was Thursday at Epcot. Most of the entertainment in World Showcase wasn't performing and the rain was quite heavy and unrelenting that afternoon/evening. There was even another thunderstorm (ironically we went to Innoventions during that time and did Storm Struck!). I was so exhausted and the rain really was getting on my nerves at that point. We missed a few character signings in France because they had moved because of the weather. My advice is to have alternatives planned when the best laid plans go awry!

I really do pray that you all get good weather and have a fun time!!

With 10 days out I have completed on-line check in. We are all bouncing waiting for the days to count down.

Cases have been taken out of the garage and holiday clothes will be packed this weekend :)

I am so sorry your magical time was ruined. :hug: Thank goodness it sounds like your DH is on your side. How much worse it could be if he wasn't in agreement with you! I give you BIG kudos for travelling with them. There will be a special angel halo made just for you! :littleangel:

Did your DH ever tell them they were being a pain while you guys were there? Just curious what their main beef was and if he tried to head it off. My DH avoids any confrontation with his parents, therefore causing an even larger problem down the road.

OK, so get busy planning the next in-law free trip!

Thank you. I am glad DH was on my side, I was somewhat worried and I don't know why.

I don't know what if anything DH said to them, I don't believe he said anything, but I know he was frustrated. I think his mom really would have blown her top had he said something. It was difficult for me to keep my mouth shut, but I also didn't know what she would do or say, so it was better that we didn't. We don't usually have much contact with them, exept maybe a few phone cals a month and usually when DH calls, they are busy and can't talk.

I am trying to decide on whether we should go back for a few days ourselves in February or just wait and plan a bigger trip for my 40th next June to include a Disney Cruise and WDW.

5 days!!!!

To everyone leaving in the next few days, have fun and be safe!! (and bring your rain gear! LOL!)

Would not go to Orlando without it. My daughter has reminded me for a 4th time that she hates ponchos. For our last trip, I found a rain jacket made of the same material at Wal-Mart. It costs a bit more than my poncho, but oh well.

Lost the darn thing at Sea World last October. I think we left it where we ate. It wasn’t raining when we exited the restaurant and I didn’t notice it was gone. We had exited the park by the time I did and it was too late to go back and make the last shuttle back to our hotel. So, I’ve warned her 4 times that we can’t lose it. We won’t have a car so I can’t run to Wal-Mart to replace it. It would be sad if she had her precious pink rain jacket for 1 day and had to wear a poncho the other 9.

DSCN3630.jpg

You have a wonderful time as well. We'll follow a few days later. If at some point during your trip, you see a mom pushing a toddler in a blue city mini being guided by a long-haired princess all in matching shirts that look like they came from the DISign board, :wave2:

5 days!!!!

To everyone leaving in the next few days, have fun and be safe!! (and bring your rain gear! LOL!)

Would not go to Orlando without it. My daughter has reminded me for a 4th time that she hates ponchos. For our last trip, I found a rain jacket made of the same material at Wal-Mart. It costs a bit more than my poncho, but oh well.

Lost the darn thing at Sea World last October. I think we left it where we ate. It wasn’t raining when we exited the restaurant and I didn’t notice it was gone. We had exited the park by the time I did and it was too late to go back and make the last shuttle back to our hotel. So, I’ve warned her 4 times that we can’t lose it. We won’t have a car so I can’t run to Wal-Mart to replace it. It would be sad if she had her precious pink rain jacket for 1 day and had to wear a poncho the other 9.

DSCN3630.jpg

You have a wonderful time as well. We'll follow a few days later. If at some point during your trip, you see a mom pushing a toddler in a blue city mini being guided by a long-haired princess all in matching shirts that look like they came from the DISign board, :wave2:

I hope neither of you have the amount of rain we did. It was miserable. I have never seen that much rain at WDW before.

I think I might have had a better time had I had a rain jacket instead of a poncho, I might have had an easier time getting around and not been as wet.

we have been back a full week and I have been working on my photopass pictures and album...but two days ago a random family started appearing in my account...cute kids and all, but NOT my kids....I was all ready to order the CD but now there are all these otehr pitcures in my account!! I emailed the photopass people and have yet to hear back...I could go and physically delete them, but their site is sooooo slow

Holy cow this week is dragging by!!! Last day of final exams today - I'm packing up my classroom now! Then one day of inservice Thursday and graduation on Friday! Once we hit the weekend, it'll be just a few short sleeps until DD and I jet out of New England! Gah! Cannot wait!!! We picked up two new rain jackets from Dick's Sporting Goods last weekend, so hopefully we'll be prepared for the rain! Bringing extra shoes to change into as well. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter