***Official June 2018***

Thank you! =) I actually had a shipment notification yesterday morning when I woke up - and just got another notification that they've made it to my local Post Office and should be delivered today!! SO excited! =)
Did you do the reveal? Were they super excited?

The last 3 vacations I have noticed we have spent $1033-$1097 using our Mickey bands for purchases.
(I kept the printouts from the resorts)
So this time I bought gift cards from my local grocery which earned me free gas (we're driving so that helps) ....and then the remainder of the gift cards I bought at Sams Club. They sell Disney gift cards for a discount of $7 to $16 under what they are worth! (discount is based on whether you buy 3X $50 or a $500 card etc)
Any little bit helps! :yay:

What are these deals? I assume it's why you bought $1100 worth??

The last 3 vacations I have noticed we have spent $1033-$1097 using our Mickey bands for purchases.
So this time I bought gift cards from my local grocery which earned me free gas (we're driving so that helps) ....and then the remainder of the gift cards I bought at Sams Club. They sell Disney gift cards for a discount of $7 to $16 under what they are worth! (discount is based on whether you buy 3X $50 or a $500 card etc)

I also buy discounted Disney gift cards as part of my "Disney Savings plan". I just got finished combining all of my cards into 2 cards and have $1400 to put towards our final payment this week. I buy them mostly at BJ's (I think I pay ~$48 for a $50 card) but I also get some a Target (they have them discounted around Black Friday/Christmas, and we also used to (not sure if it still works..haven't tried it lately) get a 5% discount on them when we charged them to our Target Red Card), and I occasionally buy them at our grocery store to earn gas points (they also offer a discount on almost all gift cards at Christmas).

We also use a Disney Rewards Visa so we have those points to use ($1900 for the trip this year) as well as the Chase Freedom Card ($400 in cash).

I also buy discounted Disney gift cards as part of my "Disney Savings plan". I just got finished combining all of my cards into 2 cards and have $1400 to put towards our final payment this week. I buy them mostly at BJ's (I think I pay ~$48 for a $50 card) but I also get some a Target (they have them discounted around Black Friday/Christmas, and we also used to (not sure if it still works..haven't tried it lately) get a 5% discount on them when we charged them to our Target Red Card), and I occasionally buy them at our grocery store to earn gas points (they also offer a discount on almost all gift cards at Christmas).

We also use a Disney Rewards Visa so we have those points to use ($1900 for the trip this year) as well as the Chase Freedom Card ($400 in cash).

You can still get the 5% off with the Red Card, but it won't work online anymore, only in the store. And our store limits the gift card purchases to $500 at a time.

What are these deals? I assume it's why you bought $1100 worth??
Lately I have bought mine at bjs.com. It is 4% off the $100 cards and it is free shipping. I use my Disney Visa rewards card and get 1% back on that. So basically 5%.

I have previously bought at Target with my redcard bc you get 5% off straight up.

You can still get the 5% off with the Red Card, but it won't work online anymore, only in the store. And our store limits the gift card purchases to $500 at a time.
Someone said the gift cards were back online at the 5% off. I haven't attempted it myself though.

Only 14 days to go!!! So close I can taste it LOL I have pretty much decided to cancel our Whispering Canyon Cafe reservation, very disappointed they did away with the fun as that is mostly why we were going. Oh well, we can get 2 counter service meals most likely for the price we would have paid for that table service. I am considering canceling a few other TS meals to save money we had some things come up that ate into our Disney budget sadly. We will still have a great time though, so I am not super worried about it.

I had no idea. Thanks.

Only 14 days to go!!! So close I can taste it LOL I have pretty much decided to cancel our Whispering Canyon Cafe reservation, very disappointed they did away with the fun as that is mostly why we were going. Oh well, we can get 2 counter service meals most likely for the price we would have paid for that table service. I am considering canceling a few other TS meals to save money we had some things come up that ate into our Disney budget sadly. We will still have a great time though, so I am not super worried about it.
I'm only three days behind you but I'm still jealous. lol We're also disappointed about the changes at WCC. I wonder what their reasoning for that is?

You're my idol! lol

Our family is at the <30 day countdown mark! We depart on 6/9. I can't wait. We all SO really need this vacation. I changed my DH's b-day dinner for the millionth time over the weekend. LOL.
And when I say I've switch the ADR for the millionth time, I'm not kidding! :rotfl2:I've gone from....Boma to Jiko. Then back to Boma. Then made an ADR at CA Grill. Then Sanaa. Then Boma again. Then Homecomin'. And I also made an ADR at Morimoto's. I almost stuck with Homecomin' until I realized that my DH will not want to leave the AKL resort once we get there, so having to get to Disney Springs and back will be a pain in the neck.

So we're doing Boma for his birthday dinner and I'm sticking with that!

I'm only three days behind you but I'm still jealous. lol We're also disappointed about the changes at WCC. I wonder what their reasoning for that is?

It's probably a case of people not knowing before going in, they stay at the resort and eat there, then get surprised at shenanigans. Personally I enjoyed both meals we had there last year and would eat there again, antics or not. I'm a good sport and like to play along, but I also just want to get my food and get out. The rumor is that they're changing more than just removing antics. I know we'll be back either way, I just hope they keep the breakfast mostly the same. Maybe adding some Toy Story characters would be a draw but would cause some availability problems for sure.

we had some things come up that ate into our Disney budget sadly
OMG me too. Why does it have to happen all at once?
I am debating on a golf cart for Fort Wilderness. I was just going to use Disneys for convenience but I can get an offsite one for literally 1/2 the price of Disneys. Our SUV has a hitch so it really wouldn't be that big of a deal to stop get it, bring it over-the kids and I can unload some stuff and go check in while DH goes back to drop trailer off. Wasn't planning park day for arrival day anyway...DH hasn't given me an answer yet.

It's probably a case of people not knowing before going in, they stay at the resort and eat there, then get surprised at shenanigans. Personally I enjoyed both meals we had there last year and would eat there again, antics or not. I'm a good sport and like to play along, but I also just want to get my food and get out. The rumor is that they're changing more than just removing antics. I know we'll be back either way, I just hope they keep the breakfast mostly the same. Maybe adding some Toy Story characters would be a draw but would cause some availability problems for sure.

Probably so, we booked it soley because of the antics, we have never been but when I told my kids about it they were excited, so in our case I would rather save the money and eat counter service. ya know?

OMG me too. Why does it have to happen all at once?
I am debating on a golf cart for Fort Wilderness. I was just going to use Disneys for convenience but I can get an offsite one for literally 1/2 the price of Disneys. Our SUV has a hitch so it really wouldn't be that big of a deal to stop get it, bring it over-the kids and I can unload some stuff and go check in while DH goes back to drop trailer off. Wasn't planning park day for arrival day anyway...DH hasn't given me an answer yet.

Murphy's law! I have no other explanation for it! We will still have a great time regardless, was just hoping to have a few more nicer meals but it will work out ok. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter