***Official June 2022 Thread***

25 days until we fly out! Our travel to Orlando is still looking miserable and no chance to change flights yet - first flight leaves at 6:20am PDT, two stops, and we arrive at 6:15pm. When we were first planning this trip for June 2020, we had a non-stop flight that left at 7:15am and arrived in early afternoon, and it was 1/4 the cost of the flights we're on now!
We managed to change our return flights so it's only 1 stop and we get home an hour earlier, so that's better but not great.

I'm trying to narrow down how many hats I'm bringing. I have two that I sewed ears onto (I hate wearing the headbands - they hurt my head), and one with Figment horns. Then I have a Tiki room hat, and a sunhat with a large brim. 5 hats seems a little excessive...right? Oh, and I have my Ravenclaw hat for our Universal leg of the trip. So 6 hats...maybe that's a bit much. :rolleyes1

25 days until we fly out! Our travel to Orlando is still looking miserable and no chance to change flights yet - first flight leaves at 6:20am PDT, two stops, and we arrive at 6:15pm. When we were first planning this trip for June 2020, we had a non-stop flight that left at 7:15am and arrived in early afternoon, and it was 1/4 the cost of the flights we're on now!
We managed to change our return flights so it's only 1 stop and we get home an hour earlier, so that's better but not great.

I'm trying to narrow down how many hats I'm bringing. I have two that I sewed ears onto (I hate wearing the headbands - they hurt my head), and one with Figment horns. Then I have a Tiki room hat, and a sunhat with a large brim. 5 hats seems a little excessive...right? Oh, and I have my Ravenclaw hat for our Universal leg of the trip. So 6 hats...maybe that's a bit much. :rolleyes1
Well if my daughter is to be believed, you can never bring to many pairs of Minnie ears. ( She is taking six pairs) I would assume the same is true for hats. 😂

Hello! I'm new to the boards and will be there with my family from June 5-12. It'll be our first trip in over 8 years, and to say we're excited is an understatement! I've had a lot of fun over the last couple of months researching and catching up on the various changes and new things (last time we were there 7DMT wasn't even open yet!), and I think we've got a good trip lined up. Can't wait!

Last edited:
Hello! I'm new to the boards and will be there with my family from June 5-12. It'll be our first trip in over 8 years, and to say we're excited is an understatement! I've had a lot of fun over the last couple of months researching and catching up on the various changes and new things (last time we were there 7DMT wasn't even open yet!), and I think we've got a good trip lined up. Can't wait!
Hello and welcome!

I noticed Disney just did some park hour updates for most of June. It looks like regular 11 pm closings for MK and 8:30 openings for Epcot and Studios.
Thanks for this! I was thinking I’d have to wait another week or so for this drop. 25 days and getting sooo excited and nervous. My daughter is working on her masters in school counseling and tells me every day that as my biggest worries are weather and covid, and I cannot control either, to just stop. But it’s harder than it sounds for me!

We got rid of our Homecomin' dinner (though we have an alert in case a reservation becomes available earlier in the week) because we managed to score a Hoop Dee Doo reservation for the 25th! This was one of our big ticket things we wanted to do once we heard it was reopening during our trip (I had reservations for October 2020 that were obviously canceled and we had it down as an "if it's open we'd like to go" wish last summer but that was obviously a no-go, so third time's the charm for us!) Neither of us have been in ages so we're excited!

We got rid of our Homecomin' dinner (though we have an alert in case a reservation becomes available earlier in the week) because we managed to score a Hoop Dee Doo reservation for the 25th! This was one of our big ticket things we wanted to do once we heard it was reopening during our trip (I had reservations for October 2020 that were obviously canceled and we had it down as an "if it's open we'd like to go" wish last summer but that was obviously a no-go, so third time's the charm for us!) Neither of us have been in ages so we're excited!
That's awesome! I wish we could have done the show on our trip as well, but it's coming back to late for me to fit it in. 🙁 Hopefully we will be able to go next trip. We went in 2018 and the girls loved it!

So excited for you! Don’t tell DH, he’ll be jealous! He loves it there and always asks about it. When he found out it would be back in June he got excited. His lovely wife and daughters, however, are not willing to give up our last night at the parks. 😂 He was appeased when we told him War will be at EPCOT on our last night- Low Rider was his high school cruising anthem!

I want to do AK at night (Pandora is beautiful) but if AK closes at 8pm and sunset is after that, how is that even possible?? Will later hours for the summer be posted?

We preregistered for the DAS yesterday (Disability Access Service}. Our youngest daughter has autism & the program is a great help in the park but we hadn’t used it since the “Genie changes”.

On the Disney website, there is a description of DAS and how it works and then a link to do a video chat with a castmember. I’ve heard horror stories about wait times but it wasn’t too bad.

We requested the chat at 9:50am and then waited. It tosses you out every 30 minutes (which freaked me out the first time! lol) but it’s easy to log back in and the time still read 9:50 so I didn’t lose my place.

It was around 12:15pm when they entered the chat. They verified our trip info and asked for my daughter to come to the video chat — we were then able to tell them why she needed the DAS. They took her picture and then her part was done.

We were then able to choose two rides per park per day ahead of time for our entire trip! That took time to set up as we had to work around our ADRs etc. We couldn’t preselect the “fancy rides” like Frozen or Remy, even though they’ve been added to Genie for the summer, but we will be able to sign up for them once we are in the parks as they are in a separate category. And once we use our two preselected rides we will be able to pick more. We have already bought Genie too so we can limit our wait times as much as possible to keep our youngest on an even keel. :)

Thought I would post this if it helps anyone else who might need the DAS. You can sign up as soon as your last park day is 30 days away or less.

Last edited:
Two weeks from today we'll be flying to Orlando! We're stalking the better Southwest flights - we're still on the miserable 12 hours with two stops flights that they switched us to a couple months ago. :headache: The flights we want have 4 seats available but we need 5, so we keep watching for one more to appear.
Today I set out all the clothes I was thinking of bringing and mapped out outfits for each day. I'm debating tossing in a couple extra pairs of shorts and tank tops, but I think I'll just do laundry once during the week instead. I don't want to overpack, but I do like having clean clothes to put on when we go back to the room for a break in the afternoons. I hate re-wearing sweaty clothes! DH says I've got the "crazy Disney middle-aged mom look" going with my outfits for the trip. :rotfl:

Hi guys! I was hoping you can help me! With June right around the corner, I’m going to be collecting June Resort Recreation Calendars. I’d truly appreciate it if those that are staying at a Disney Resort can please take a picture of the June calendar for me at the resort they are staying at and post it on the Monthly Resort Recreation Calendar Thread so we can help others! Thank you all so much! Have a great trip!!

9 days until we fly to Orlando, 12 days until we arrive at CBR, and the 2 yr old I take care of arrived at my house this morning super congested. We spent the day blowing her nose and cleaning up snot, and I felt like bathing myself in hand sanitizer. And then I got a text from DS14's carpool group that the two other kids in the carpool were exposed to C-19 but so far have tested negative on the home rapid tests. Everyone masks in the car, so I know the risk to DS14 is low, but I know this is just one of the many exposure points he's facing with all the end of the school year/8th grade promotion events. We have been planning this trip for 3 years, it's been postponed twice, and I really, really, really don't want us to get sick before we go. :headache:
:sad:

We have been planning this trip for 3 years, it's been postponed twice, and I really, really, really don't want us to get sick before we go. :headache:
:sad:
It’s so nerve racking, right? When the govt announced more free tests I ordered the max and have them packed, just in case. My oldest is maid of honor at a wedding the Saturday before we leave on Friday and I have DARED her to get any closer to anyone than she absolutely has to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter