***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

Joining in the March Madness! We’re booked 3/18-26, a split stay - 2n @ SS, 5n @ OKW. Hoping for warmer weather this time - our last spring trip (2017) was freezing, I mean, down jackets freezing!
I didn’t know our Canadian friends had their spring break in March - that explains a lot. Looking forward to sharing the sunshine!
I remember a cold front came in and it was freezing :cold:
Last year was nice and warm hoping this March is the same

Well I've been waiting for this thread to pop up, but I guess I'll get us started! Who's ready for spring at WDW?? We are so excited about doing Flower & Garden again. We haven't since 2009 on our honeymoon! We'll be heading down on March 1st and leaving March 5th.
I'm sure someone else has pointed this out by now, but F&G runs March 6 – June 3, 2019. We added a day to our trip so we can be there on the first day of F&G (though we might actually leave on March 8 if our wait-list for a switch from 1BR to studio comes in.)

We are going to book Caring for Giants four our day at AK. I don't think we're doing anything notable other than that.

I'm sure someone else has pointed this out by now, but F&G runs March 6 – June 3, 2019. We added a day to our trip so we can be there on the first day of F&G (though we might actually leave on March 8 if our wait-list for a switch from 1BR to studio comes in.)

We are going to book Caring for Giants four our day at AK. I don't think we're doing anything notable other than that.

Yes I know :) We will go to EPCOT on departure day with the hope of seeing some of the topiaries. Can’t change our dates because of school.

Merry Christmas everyone!!
Yesterday I booked a room from March 30 thru April 1st at the Shades of Green!! A short family trip so my son can get his first haircut at the Harmony Barbershop!!! We tried in September of 2016 but he had almost no hair and was in meltdown mode when it was time. He turns 3 in a week so hopefully we can do it this time. This will be our first vacation without our daughter who is 18 and has a full time job. Almost empty nesters!!

Planning a longer trip in the fall and do MNSSHP and stay at Ft Wilderness.

Called the barber shop this morning and got an appointment on the 31st of April at 10:20 !!!
Ordered our tickets !!!

Whats funny is I was ordering tickets and planning our September 2016 Disney Vacation 3 years ago on Christmas eve and day. The wife had to endure 8 months of me planning, this time she only has to listen to me for 95 days. Since we are staying at the Shades of Green I need to figure out how to link our tickets with our old magic bands, it's a shame you don't get new ones.

Ordered my Disney reward card this morning!! I linked our new tickets to our Magic bands. I am going to start rounding up our ponchos, power strip, extension cord, bitbelts, etc, etc. I talked the wife into leaving a day early and staying for one night on International Drive!

Triplets: Be careful on over planning, I did that on our first trip in 2017 and we were exhausted at the end of it.

I messed up on our first trip, arrived 3 days early and stayed on International drive. We had a good slow paced time, hung out at the pool, shopping, eating. We then moved over to All-star sports and we did 4 straight park days, bad idea on my part. We should have checked straight into the All-star then a park day with a resort day sprinkled in here and there. My wife and daughter are sleepers and it was extremely hot but good news was we didn't have any rain.

This is a quick trip with just one park day at the Magic Kingdom. I showed my wife a video tour of the Shades of Green resort last night. After it was over she looked and me and asked: Why didn't we stay there when we went last time? Because we got a room discount and had the DDP dear.

Super excited/nervous to book my FPs next week- hopefully it all goes well and I don't have any glitches!

Also, I got these fun shirts for my sister and I this Christmas! There's sooooo much cute Disney stuff on Etsy but I limited myself to just picking one shirt :) they'll be super cute for our trip.

WMKe4Jg.jpg

12iiD5U

We booked an adults only trip for 3/3-3/8 at POFQ. First time staying at POFQ and first time without a baby/toddler. It will be nice to do some of the bigger rides and enjoy a table service meal. Now to finalize which park each day and decide if we want to book EMM at all.

Just booked a trip for March 3-9. We’re staying at the Poly for my husband’s birthday. So excited!!

moving my post over from it’s own thread, hoping for ideas here! My FP day is a week away so it’s time to get serious about figuring out what we’re going to do each day. Every time I think I’m close I think of some complicating factor and change my mind. So tell me what you would do, oh wise DIS-ers.

Relevant info: Our group is one healthy and active grandmother who doesn’t like thrill rides, two parents who tolerate them, a 7 year old who is eager to try everything, and a 3 year old who *might* stretch to 38 inches. We are mostly morning people so are happy to do rope drop of EMH several mornings but probably could use a lazy day or two in there somewhere. When we do early mornings we’ll likely take a break around 1:00 and maybe head to a park later or just do dinner/other things in the evening. We have hoppers.

The part I’m *mostly* confident in...
March 5 - arrive mid afternoon, check in to POFQ, go to DS for dinner and to activate Canadian tickets
March 6 - EMM at DHS, then do other rides and shows there for a few hours. Take a midday break then head to AK for evening FPs
March 7 - MK adventure/frontier. Plan to RD and hit a few things before lines build, then start FPs. I have a PPO breakfast at CP booked but might switch to late morning instead? Then take a break in the afternoon.
Quiet evening at hotel or venture to Boardwalk or HDD?
March 8 - MK EMH, FPs for Fantasty/Tomorrowland, afternoon break, Storybook dining at AP booked

Then it’s all undecided! Goals for this portion would include: evening at DHS including Fantasmic and nighttime SDD FPs, AK with FOP FP, and Epcot. The spring break crowds start arriving in this portion so everything will be busier.
March 9 - I had been thinking of hitting EMH at AK but after three early mornings we might want to take it easy? In which case we shouldn’t do AK on an EMH day? We could take it easy in the morning and head to DHS for the evening?
March 10 - Epcot? I have a PPO at GG and was thinking we’d RD Soarin, but we may cancel that and just RD. We have the FEA dessert party booked that evening, planning a midday break.
March 11 - another EMH at AK if we don’t do the earlier one. Or...?
March 12 - checkout (but staying in Orlando for a conference).was thinking of returning to MK to close out with any unfinished rides or return to favourites. Will not get an early start after check out so will be FPing what we can and then head to the next hotel by late afternoon.

Help! What would you put when? Does it matter? Should I change any of those early days?

I'm sure someone else has pointed this out by now, but F&G runs March 6 – June 3, 2019. We added a day to our trip so we can be there on the first day of F&G (though we might actually leave on March 8 if our wait-list for a switch from 1BR to studio comes in.) We are going to book Caring for Giants four our day at AK. I don't think we're doing anything notable other than that.
Our wait-list came through! We're now in a standard-view studio for six nights, the first week in March... our longest trip in many, many years.

I'm still reviewing our "which park which day" plan: I have some ADRs but I'll move them around as needed after I bounce the plan up against Extra Magic Hours (which we'll either DO or AVOID). However, what is for sure is that we'll take advantage of being at Epcot on the first two days of the F&G festival.

We decided to go without TiW this year. A lot of it has to do with how much restaurant prices have increased; even with the discount we've been paying a lot more for table service means over the last handful of trips than we were paying prior to that. Perhaps because of that, or coincidentally, we're becoming more accepting of counter service meals. (Full disclosure: We generally eat either vegetarian meals or seafood. We never touch poultry, pork or red meat.) We visited Satu'li Canteen a couple of weeks ago and was really quite impressed. We also grabbed a bunch of meals at Epcot from the festival kitchen kiosks. And, although we didn't eat at Hollywood Studios this time around (we were there for less than an hour - just to see Toy Story Land) we've always been able to find something decent at the Commissary. So our only challenge will be in the Magic Kingdom, and to be honest we've even had problems finding a decent table service meal there.

We'll still end up doing some table service meals, though. Right now, we're aiming to visit Flying Fish upon arrival. (After an eight hour drive, it is nice to enjoy some luxury.) I'm also toying with the idea of doing the Mama Melrose Fantasmic! dining package. (Does anyone have any recent reports about the stand-by experience for Fantasmic!? If we don't need to do the package then we're probably rather not. However, if we have to be there 45 minutes before they open the gates and stand around for 45 minutes, our aged bodies cannot handle that.)

We have ADR at Skipper Canteen, but again that's only because I don't want to be left without a decent place to eat at MK. that will prompt us to stay late at MK to see the fireworks. (We have never seen Happily Ever After or Festival of Fantasy!) Maybe we should ditch the Fantasmic! dining package in favor of something like that at Magic Kingdom?

Then we have our two nights at Epcot. We want to enhance our Illuminations viewing experience as much as possible, so we have ADRs for Spice Road Table at 8:10 on one night and Hacienda at 8:00 on the other night. I'm hoping that does what is needed. Does anyone have any suggestions along those lines?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter