***Official March 2019 Spring Into Disney Thread!***

We are headed to Disney Feb27-Mar 3. A short but intense trip to celebrate my niece’s 9th birthday! The 4 of us (my 2 sisters, niece and myself) are staying CL in Sugarloaf at the Grand Floridian. We made Fastpasses for 3 days in early December with DSS (6 per day) and this morning I added FP for arrival and departure days.
We are planning to spend arrival afternoon at MK then early dinner at Storybook Dining at Artist Point (Snow White) then back to MK for fireworks.
Thursday, 2/28, to AK with Pandora/Everest in am, FOLK package in pm (Tiffins, VIP seating at FOLK, Safari). Then back to GF and then to MK for DAH from 8-11pm.
Friday, Mar 1, morning at HS, early afternoon break and Epcot for dinner at Via Napoli at 5pm, rides and then Frozen Dessert Party with Illuminations and FEA.
Saturday, March 2 to Epcot in morning with lunch at Biergarten. Break in late afternoon then back to HS for Fantasmic and DAH from 8:30-11-30pm.
Sunday, March 3, morning at MK, early afternoon departure for home.

Is this schedule reasonable? We have been going to Disney World since we were little and have always done it commando style. Sleep is overrated! This is the first time we have stayed onsite in 7 years although we have done several visits while staying in the area. We did DAH at MK last year and really loved it so are very excited to do it again as well as go to DAH at HS. I am splurging to treat my sisters and niece for this trip and I want it to be memorable.

Hello and Happy Holidays! Does anyone have an idea on when the final park hours will be posted? I know that they often update in the weeks/months beforehand. Thank you!

We will be offsite Feb 23-March 2, at that point we move to Poly DVC march 2-5. The 1st part of our trip will be with friends and undecided on how many days of WDW. They are not as into Disney as we are, with 2 toddlers, so likely 1 or 2 days....Since we are offsite for that portion, I am focusing currently on the onsite dates as FP selection is quickly approaching. So March 2,3 & 4th are for sure park days and I am trying to plan out our dates. There are 3 of us, myself, hubby and DD12. We have been to WDW before when she was 8. So really wanting to be sure to see pandora and ride FOP and TSL for SDD. Also haven't seen Fantasmic at DHS yet so thats also a must do. Of Course we would like 1 day of MK, which we will likely get with the friends earlier in the trip, but will definitely plan some MK time for just us too.... Feeling the pressure to make a good plan for our family time. Wondering if doing Fantasmic dining package of dessert package is worth it ? Also if we should plan our AK day with EMH to try to do FOP at rope drop ? Thanks for any help and opinions :)

We will be offsite Feb 23-March 2, at that point we move to Poly DVC march 2-5. The 1st part of our trip will be with friends and undecided on how many days of WDW. They are not as into Disney as we are, with 2 toddlers, so likely 1 or 2 days....Since we are offsite for that portion, I am focusing currently on the onsite dates as FP selection is quickly approaching. So March 2,3 & 4th are for sure park days and I am trying to plan out our dates. There are 3 of us, myself, hubby and DD12. We have been to WDW before when she was 8. So really wanting to be sure to see pandora and ride FOP and TSL for SDD. Also haven't seen Fantasmic at DHS yet so thats also a must do. Of Course we would like 1 day of MK, which we will likely get with the friends earlier in the trip, but will definitely plan some MK time for just us too.... Feeling the pressure to make a good plan for our family time. Wondering if doing Fantasmic dining package of dessert package is worth it ? Also if we should plan our AK day with EMH to try to do FOP at rope drop ? Thanks for any help and opinions :)

I think the Fantasmic! dining package is definitely worth it if you like the restaurant options and really care about seeing the show. We did it in 2015 and have no regrets!

Personally, I do not care for the FoP at RD plan. When we did the morning EMH we rode NRJ and EE and such then went back to use a FP for FoP. If you're up to get there an hour before EMH starts and don't mind the stampede, then go for it!

Also, Touring Plans...Yay or Nay ??

I love many things about TP, but I don't use their plans. The Lines app is worth the subscription!

I think the Fantasmic! dining package is definitely worth it if you like the restaurant options and really care about seeing the show. We did it in 2015 and have no regrets!

Personally, I do not care for the FoP at RD plan. When we did the morning EMH we rode NRJ and EE and such then went back to use a FP for FoP. If you're up to get there an hour before EMH starts and don't mind the stampede, then go for it!

I love many things about TP, but I don't use their plans. The Lines app is worth the subscription!
Thank YOU SaintsManiac :) I am hoping to snag a FP for FoP, but if I'm unable to I'm not sure what is the best option for the shortest wait time.

Ugh. MDE is glitchy AGAIN. Now when I look, my resort and ticket info is not showing up. I *really* do not want to have to call them again on this. Sigh.

But our FP day is on 1/3, so I don't have a lot of time for this to be better... grrrr.

moving my post over from it’s own thread, hoping for ideas here! My FP day is a week away so it’s time to get serious about figuring out what we’re going to do each day. Every time I think I’m close I think of some complicating factor and change my mind. So tell me what you would do, oh wise DIS-ers.

Relevant info: Our group is one healthy and active grandmother who doesn’t like thrill rides, two parents who tolerate them, a 7 year old who is eager to try everything, and a 3 year old who *might* stretch to 38 inches. We are mostly morning people so are happy to do rope drop of EMH several mornings but probably could use a lazy day or two in there somewhere. When we do early mornings we’ll likely take a break around 1:00 and maybe head to a park later or just do dinner/other things in the evening. We have hoppers.

The part I’m *mostly* confident in...
March 5 - arrive mid afternoon, check in to POFQ, go to DS for dinner and to activate Canadian tickets
March 6 - EMM at DHS, then do other rides and shows there for a few hours. Take a midday break then head to AK for evening FPs
March 7 - MK adventure/frontier. Plan to RD and hit a few things before lines build, then start FPs. I have a PPO breakfast at CP booked but might switch to late morning instead? Then take a break in the afternoon.
Quiet evening at hotel or venture to Boardwalk or HDD?
March 8 - MK EMH, FPs for Fantasty/Tomorrowland, afternoon break, Storybook dining at AP booked

Then it’s all undecided! Goals for this portion would include: evening at DHS including Fantasmic and nighttime SDD FPs, AK with FOP FP, and Epcot. The spring break crowds start arriving in this portion so everything will be busier.
March 9 - I had been thinking of hitting EMH at AK but after three early mornings we might want to take it easy? In which case we shouldn’t do AK on an EMH day? We could take it easy in the morning and head to DHS for the evening?
March 10 - Epcot? I have a PPO at GG and was thinking we’d RD Soarin, but we may cancel that and just RD. We have the FEA dessert party booked that evening, planning a midday break.
March 11 - another EMH at AK if we don’t do the earlier one. Or...?
March 12 - checkout (but staying in Orlando for a conference).was thinking of returning to MK to close out with any unfinished rides or return to favourites. Will not get an early start after check out so will be FPing what we can and then head to the next hotel by late afternoon.

Help! What would you put when? Does it matter? Should I change any of those early days?

For starters I would cancel the Crystal Palace PPO. You will be behind the pack once you get out of there now that Main St. opens to everyone at 8am.

I would keep the Garden Grill PPO. The food is awesome, characters awesome and you should be able to get on Soarin before the park officially opens. It is our very favorite ADR to have.

For starters I would cancel the Crystal Palace PPO. You will be behind the pack once you get out of there now that Main St. opens to everyone at 8am.

I would keep the Garden Grill PPO. The food is awesome, characters awesome and you should be able to get on Soarin before the park officially opens. It is our very favorite ADR to have.

Thanks, I was leaning that way with CP. we aren’t doing too many big attractions that day (and will have FP for most) but still no point getting up early one extra day for it. Doing it late morning would probably allow us to enjoy it more, too—I don’t want to feel like we have to rush through to get out to rides.

We did GG breakfast last year and really liked it. My big kid says he doesn’t want to repeat any character meals he’s already done, but the food is good and the location is fun so I’m going to hang onto it for now. If we’re all getting tired by that point I might cancel the night before. (This also leaves me with a dilemma about Tusker for later in the trip, I really liked the food and character interaction there but it’s a lot of $$ if he’s not interested...)

Thanks, I was leaning that way with CP. we aren’t doing too many big attractions that day (and will have FP for most) but still no point getting up early one extra day for it. Doing it late morning would probably allow us to enjoy it more, too—I don’t want to feel like we have to rush through to get out to rides.

We did GG breakfast last year and really liked it. My big kid says he doesn’t want to repeat any character meals he’s already done, but the food is good and the location is fun so I’m going to hang onto it for now. If we’re all getting tired by that point I might cancel the night before. (This also leaves me with a dilemma about Tusker for later in the trip, I really liked the food and character interaction there but it’s a lot of $$ if he’s not interested...)

We were one and done on Tusker. We enjoyed it, but it doesn’t have that wow factor to make it worth the cost.

I think our Tusker experience was enhanced by coming at the end of breakfast...so everyone got their fill of the usual breakfast staples, but we also got the more interesting lunch selections, and only paid the breakfast price. If we do it again we’d stick with that timing.

Got my FPs booked. Everything went smoothly this time! I am relieved.

Slinky was available on 60 + 3 in the afternoon, but nothing before that. I didn't need to book it, but checked to give you guys an update.

No morning FP for FoP on 60 + 4, but plenty of afternoon times. I really wanted 9am, but oh well! Just glad I got it at all.

7DMT was available for both of my MK days (60 +1 and 60 + 2) plenty of times available.

I haven’t read the entire thread, so apologies if this was discussed already...but are we thinking that Park hours will be extended starting around that second weekend in March as spring break crowds hit? My current plan includes a few 8 am EMH days,which should be doable for us, but I don’t think we’d be able to handle 7 am the second half of our trip (especially the one right after the time change,when it will feel like 6 am!).

I’m thinking I should revise plans now assuming that’s going to happen, so my FPs take that into account.

I haven’t read the entire thread, so apologies if this was discussed already...but are we thinking that Park hours will be extended starting around that second weekend in March as spring break crowds hit? My current plan includes a few 8 am EMH days,which should be doable for us, but I don’t think we’d be able to handle 7 am the second half of our trip (especially the one right after the time change,when it will feel like 6 am!).

I’m thinking I should revise plans now assuming that’s going to happen, so my FPs take that into account.

Your best bet is to look at Touring Plans historical calendars to get an idea of what they've done in the past. It's never a guarantee they'll do that again, but it's a good guide.

The good thing about park hours extending is it always means more FPs come available, so you can modify or add ones you couldn't get before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter