Official March 2022 thread!

Congrats! I just got a lunch at Coral Reef on Tuesday. I’ve never eaten there before. Can anyone tell me what their portion sizes are like?

I'll say that the portions are normal size. We think that their steaks are pretty good for the prize, compared to other places.
Enjoy

Tomorrow is our day 2 at the dark side before heading to Disney. We get an extra hour in the parks at 7am-8am do to hagrids and velosicoaster (Yey). Only 2 catches: 1) losing another hour of sleep(we flew from central time yesterday so already lost an hour)- thank you daylight savings and 2) it will be 40 degrees. Hmmmm. Thinking it will feel
Colder on the coasters bur we are going to try!!!

Congrats! I just got a lunch at Coral Reef on Tuesday. I’ve never eaten there before. Can anyone tell me what their portion sizes are like?

I think they are what I would consider normal. I realize that’s totally subjective. Ha!! I loved my meal there last trip. It was a fish with a mango salsa/pico on top. So flavorful, filling, and light.

I'll say that the portions are normal size. We think that their steaks are pretty good for the prize, compared to other places.
Enjoy
I think they are what I would consider normal. I realize that’s totally subjective. Ha!! I loved my meal there last trip. It was a fish with a mango salsa/pico on top. So flavorful, filling, and light.

Thanks y’all. We have a 6:05 dinner reservation the same day. I just don’t want to be too stuffed from lunch.

We got to the airport too early today. No lines at all. I have 2 hours and 15 minutes until
My flight departs.

We leave Friday morning.

I am nowhere near ready. I need to pack clothes. I keep buying more clothes. I will pack too many clothes!!

We leave Thursday, so we spent this afternoon packing and making a list for the things that have to wait until Wednesday. We’re staying 7 nights and I know I packed waaayyy too much. I just want to be there already!

I hope you all have good trips! :)

Ours was just okay. I don't think I'll ever come during spring again. Just too many people and the weather was much hotter than I anticipated or could deal with. We might have to stick with December-January trips going forward, haha.

today is day 2 for us. Yesterday was HS and EPCOT and today is MK.

EPCOT extended evening hours were great. Rode Test Track, Soarin and SE.

It is very busy, but I wouldn’t call it nightmarish. Just need to make priorities and be willing to quickly change your plans when it’s not working out. We Tried to early entry Peter pan and then rope drop big Thunder- total madhouse in both spots, so bailed and did our Splash LL, then was able to refresh and get an 11am Peter Pan. At 11, was able to get 7pm Big Thunder. I was able to stack evening LL for Big Thunder, Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion. Did standby IaSW, Pirates and Philharmagic. Did ILLs on 7DMT. So, even though it’s nuts, it’s been worming out ok.

If you’re deciding between Big Thunder and Splash as your 1st, I’d choose Big T. Splash was a walkon.

good luck everyone!

Epcot extra evening hours were a monsoon last week and I'm still upset that I was never able to get on Frozen or Test Track for the rest of the trip :( I never made plans to purchase G+ for Epcot days because I was sure that I'd get everything done for extra evening hours and never considered that the extra hours wouldn't happen (technically it wasn't cancelled, but I couldn't deal with walking through ankle/knee deep water all over the park while getting destroyed by rain). My backup plan was to rope drop Remy and then Frozen/maybe Test Track the next morning, and we only were able to ride Remy because Frozen was down almost that entire day (and I think TT was a really long line by the time we got out of Remy and man that's a WALK). I sacrificed my original plan that morning in Animal Kingdom basically just to ride Remy and walk around an almost empty world showcase, lol. And because of the dang park hopper rules, I couldn't just hop over to Animal Kingdom after Epcot started filling up (which was like 11).

The park hopper rules messed with me so much this trip :( I feel like I could have salvaged way more of my trip if I could have hopped to other parks before 2:00. Sigh.

today is day 2 for us. Yesterday was HS and EPCOT and today is MK.

EPCOT extended evening hours were great. Rode Test Track, Soarin and SE.

It is very busy, but I wouldn’t call it nightmarish. Just need to make priorities and be willing to quickly change your plans when it’s not working out. We Tried to early entry Peter pan and then rope drop big Thunder- total madhouse in both spots, so bailed and did our Splash LL, then was able to refresh and get an 11am Peter Pan. At 11, was able to get 7pm Big Thunder. I was able to stack evening LL for Big Thunder, Jungle Cruise and Haunted Mansion. Did standby IaSW, Pirates and Philharmagic. Did ILLs on 7DMT. So, even though it’s nuts, it’s been worming out ok.

If you’re deciding between Big Thunder and Splash as your 1st, I’d choose Big T. Splash was a walkon.

good luck everyone!

Does big thunder open during early morning hours? I remember splash opening later around 10 when I was there last april.

Does big thunder open during early morning hours? I remember splash opening later around 10 when I was there last april.
Fantasyland and Tomorrowland open for early morning hours. Everything else usually opens at regular park open.

We leave tomorrow at 6a! Our first night will be at the Riviera, which is a total bucket list stay for us. So excited! This is our third year going this same time in March, so I'm prepared for the crowds. I truly believe a good strategy is they key to a successful park experience, weather permitting, of course! We have Genie+ for every day, park hoppers, and stay on site (yay, early entry!). We are also okay with hour waits later in the day for some of our favorites. It gives us time to re-apply sunscreen, grab a snack, re-group, etc.

We're leaving in 3 hours! The past week has been nerve wracking. My son's marching band is marching Main Street on Monday and they were all flying out together on Saturday but their flight was cancelled. Since then it's been a scramble to find new flights (couldn't find a flight that would fit them all) and figure out logistics for being split up and some kids are going earlier with their parents. It's a mess. My son's tickets are currently in his band folder at school. I hope he remembers to bring them because they couldn't figure out how to link them in the app. (And he's driving down with me now). I'm so ready to just be there already.

We just got here today. Y’all, we left our house at 8:30am, and I’m just now finally unpacked, showered, and laying in my amazing Grand Floridian bed. My legs and back are so tired. We ate dinner at Gasparilla’s and visited Basin. My son watched fireworks on our balcony while DH and I unpacked. We’re in a dormer room for the first time, and it does feel different from a regular room, but it is still lovely. I’m just so happy to be here! I hope my legs don’t give out on me at MK tomorrow.

We are here! Been up since 4 am, surprised the kids, got here around noon and then...waited until 4 for our room. Ugh. Nearly fell asleep in the lobby! Then got to room, took a nap, went swimming, now in bed getting ready for our first park day tomorrow!

I don't know if this place allows linking but here's a video of us surprising the kids:

We are here! Been up since 4 am, surprised the kids, got here around noon and then...waited until 4 for our room. Ugh. Nearly fell asleep in the lobby! Then got to room, took a nap, went swimming, now in bed getting ready for our first park day tomorrow!

I don't know if this place allows linking but here's a video of us surprising the kids:
How fun!! Have a fabulous trip!

That is so cute. I love how one is squealing and the other looks quietly stunned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter