** Official March 2023 Thread **

dez1978

DIS Veteran
I've searched every way I can think of. Is there not an "Official March 2023" Thread yet?

Edited to add: I guess this is it! 😂 I’d love to be the kind of person who has a list of who is going when and where they are staying, but to be honest, it’s all I can do to track that for my own trip lol. I am going Feb 26- March 1st for my husband’s work convention and March 26-April 1st for our actual planned family vacation with myself, Dh, and our 2 boys (8&11) and my SIL, her husband and their 2 boys (8&13).

Last edited:
I’m booked from Feb 28-March 14, and am hoping that someone starts the official thread. I get the sense that this involves monitoring the thread, but I could be wrong. At least I now know one other person that will be there!

I was looking too, and feared there wasn’t one for simple fact that dis board planners were too smart to go during this busy time. 😂 we are currently booked mar 18-25, but I’m super nervous to go with the crowds.

I just booked March 1-7, how do we start one?
Someone just needs to start a thread titled that lol. I just am not on here enough to keep up with adding dates and such when people are going so I haven't done it. Or this can be it as long as no one minds there not being a post that includes everyones trips. If ppl don't mind, I can change the title.

Last edited:

I was looking too, and feared there wasn’t one for simple fact that dis board planners were too smart to go during this busy time. 😂 we are currently booked mar 18-25, but I’m super nervous to go with the crowds.
I'm going the week after you. 26-Ap 1st. Thats the plan anyway. My kids wrestle and the state championship for Mo is that weekend in Kansas City. Last year my 8 yr old placed 2nd so fingers crossed, he makes it again this year. So I have to book an evening flight out of MCI that day, and the price is killing me. If he doesn't make it, I'll see about switching flights to STL as that is an hour closer to home for us.

Someone just needs to start a thread titled that lol. I just am not on here enough to keep up with adding dates and such when people are going so I haven't done it. Or this can be it as long as no one minds there not being a post that includes everyones trips. If ppl don't mind, I can change the title.
If you are willing to do this, I for one would be very grateful. It is so much fun to plan/talk with folks who are going in the same month.

Thank you @dez1978! We have rented DVC points for a 4-way split-stay from Feb 28 - March 14. First night at GFV, then Riviera, CC, and BLT. We take the auto train, so that first day really is an entire day to get into the spirit of it all. Sometimes that first-night stay gives us a new resort to fall in love with (I’m looking at you BLT) or to avoid in the future (for us, Beach Club Villas). Our usual trip length is 9-10 days, with usually one DVC rental and the rest of the time at either POFQ or GDT. So this one is absolutely an indulgence that we plan on enjoying to the fullest!

How many have gone in March before. We are going mar 18-25. I’ve only gone in sep and Oct before so I’m really worried about the crowds.

Also - trying to decide on or off property. I really like the house I have booked. Amazing. My kids are 20, 18 and 15 and the house is 4 BR - so nice to have that. Plus game room and pool. BUT with the new on-site gets in 1/2 hr early, I’m rethinking. Maybe the cabins at ft. Wilderness. It’s so tight with family of 5 - especially all mainly adults. What’s everyone else doing?

We’re a group of 18 going March 10-17. We’ve rented a house with nine bedrooms. So much cheaper than staying on property. I’d always prefer to stay on property but it’s just too expensive for us. Still, can’t wait to take my four grandsons who have never been!

How many have gone in March before. We are going mar 18-25. I’ve only gone in sep and Oct before so I’m really worried about the crowds.

Also - trying to decide on or off property. I really like the house I have booked. Amazing. My kids are 20, 18 and 15 and the house is 4 BR - so nice to have that. Plus game room and pool. BUT with the new on-site gets in 1/2 hr early, I’m rethinking. Maybe the cabins at ft. Wilderness. It’s so tight with family of 5 - especially all mainly adults. What’s everyone else doing?
The only time I've gone in March was 2021, so thats probably not a fair comparison.

If I were you, I'd look into renting DVC points and maybe getting a 2 bdrm at SSR or OKW if you want to stay onsite. More space than the cabins, for probably the same $

We went last march for spring break. Crowds were crazy, so we totally took advantage of early entry and Genie+ to maximize our time. We were able to get our “must dos” in early and take it easy the rest of the day, either riding whatever we could get on Genie+ or going back to resort. We don’t wait in line well, so that early morning time was spring break gold for my family!

I waiting to see how the extended hours thing continues. I know it was announced it would keep going thru 2023, but I'd like to know if it's going to continue the same pattern of Mon and Wed. I am really going to try this trip to be more relaxed and less "Get up at the butt crack of dawn and ride!!" My brain says we spend so much on tickets we should spend every min we can in the parks. But I don't think my family feels the same way lol. There are 8 of us. Me, my husband and our 2 boys, 8 & 11 and my sister in law, her husband and 2 boys 8 & 13. I am only ever a morning person on vacation lol. The other 355 days a year I have to drag myself out of bed. But at on vacation, I'm up at 6 and can't go back to sleep. My kids are the opposite. At home they are up early, but on vacation, I fight to get them out of bed. So I'm going to try to be more relaxed and take advantage of the evening hours and I guess the ILLs to get on the big rides. Idk if I can do it tho. I tried when we went to Universal this year, and it was painful for me lol.

Also - trying to decide on or off property. I really like the house I have booked. Amazing. My kids are 20, 18 and 15 and the house is 4 BR - so nice to have that. Plus game room and pool. BUT with the new on-site gets in 1/2 hr early, I’m rethinking. Maybe the cabins at ft. Wilderness. It’s so tight with family of 5 - especially all mainly adults. What’s everyone else doing
We will be there this week also since it is our spring break. The last time we did the week, (maybe 2016?) I felt October was busier than that week. I am just keeping my fingers crossed.

I've gone in March during Spring Break before, 2018 (it was the second week of March) and it was crowded but not the worst. I used touring plans and utilized fastpasses as much as possible and I think the longest line we waited in was 20 min for Jungle Cruise. This March, we're going the first week of March which I don't think is anyone's spring break...I could be wrong though! Hoping a week before it all starts helps!

Hello to all!

Last time my family (DW, DD15 and DS13) hit WDW in March was in 2020 the week the pandemic started shutting down the world. We were there for 6 nights and our trip thankfully ended that Friday, a mere 48 hours before they shut down the parks. 😳

Absolutely loved the weather in March for sure - so much more comfortable. Like Kmedders said, I can do only one of either crowds or heat but both are a bad combo for me and my crew.

We have stayed at CBR the last couple of trips and loved the property and the convenience of Skyliner, but this trip we are going to try staying offsite for the first time ever. Kids are much larger now and we will get three times the space for literally half the price.

The 2 bed/2 bathroom airbnb sounds terrific for us to be able to stretch out more when we return from the parks. It will be interesting to see if we prefer offsite or onsite after this trip, but I have to at least give it a try. We have eaten at most all of the hard to grab reservation restaurants and done the character meals we want on past trips, so I’m not particularly sweating the 30 vs. 60 days out ADR disadvantage. Figure I will use a res finder once our 30 days window hits and try my luck out. My one hope is to somehow snag a Space 220 reservation since we missed out on it our last trip during Thanksgiving week 2021.

We arrive March 11 and depart March 17, planning on 5.5 days of fun while there and park hopping as well. Driving in from Texas so we will have our own transportation.

Just purchased our park tickets yesterday so getting excited now, and we cannot wait to surprise the kids with the news on Christmas morning. Thanks for starting the March 2023 thread and best wishes to everybody!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter