***Official May 2023 Thread***

We just got back! The weather was warmer than normal and we did have a quite a few thunderstorms while we were there. But we still had a fantastic trip! (And because it was so hot I didn't end up snacking as much so no weight gain 😂)

Luckily the skies cleared around 9pm the night of our HEA dessert party so that didn't get canceled. I would say it wasn't really worth it, but I did get to meet my favorite Disney vlogger so it worked out in the end!

Tron is fun and better at night, but it didn't displace any of our favorite rides for the top spot.

Topolino's was good, but the deck to watch the fireworks was a bit of a mad house and we just came back in. We had a great view from our Boardwalk room so that wasn't why we were there anyway!

Now....when to go back?!?

Hi! I recently returned from our trip. Weather was great and (lack of) crowds were great. Kids were old enough to stay awake and watch fireworks for the first time (from our room), and they were well behaved and, most importantly, stayed healthy (they still haven't grasped the concept of germs and touching everything and touching their noses and mouths). Restaurants very nicely accommodated food allergies. One member of the family is not a Disney person and only planned on one park day but he ended up doing three!

Our return travel date was a sweet spot: I felt like we were still having fun but we were ready to return home, eat our normal food, go at a more relaxed pace of life, etc. It does help to know that we are very much a Disney family and will make efforts to return in the future. Overall, an amazing time!

Leaving in 2 days and you would think we were about to leave now. I’ve triple checked everybody’s luggage to make sure we didn’t forget anything 🤣 and the house is spotless because my biggest pet peeve is coming home to a chaotic house after a trip! I’m sure I’ll check the luggage 3 or 4 more times before we leave.

Well, my daughter and group of high school grads returned from their awesome whirlwind 3 night grad celebration. They had an incredible time! Highlights included stay at AoA, which they really enjoyed, loved the Skyliner to Epcot & DHS, a Capture Your Moment photo shoot at MK and a DHS After Hours. Had one table serve meal a day and a lot of Quick Serve for breakfast and lunch. They reported some rain off and on, but poncho'd up and powered through. Saw HEA twice, Fantasmic once. Rode all headliners multiple times including TRON, Guardians, Rise and FOP - thanks to me, who stayed home and played Genie Fairy Godmother (which was fun for me). Since they had such a short trip, I ante'd up for G+ and was glad I did.

Luckily the skies cleared around 9pm the night of our HEA dessert party so that didn't get canceled.
Our dessert party was on 5/25. It rained that evening for several hours, including during the fireworks. We almost missed them because they moved up the time to 9:00 instead of 9:20. We were riding Tron and Space Mt between 7;45-8:30. We finally made it over to check in for the post dessert party and they told us the fireworks were about to start! It wasn't as enjoyable watching them in the rain, I have to say. We did go eat our desserts and get out of the rain while the crowds cleared. I think we decided we don't need to do the dessert party again. We don't eat a lot, don't drink the alcohol, and my DH pointed out there are several light poles and things that obstruct the view in the garden.

Earlier that evening we got on the train at the front entrance about 7:00 to go to Fantasyland. We made it to Frontierland and they made us get off - they had to shut down the train for lightning. So we had to walk in the rain to our LL for EtwB. We've never had so much rain on a trip before! I think it rained at least 3-4 hours a day on us. I thought I was prepared to handle some rain, but it was more than I was expecting. We switched to wearing our water shoes in the parks after that first day of wet shoes. The kids did not enjoy wet socks/shoes at all. We wore ponchos and had fun anyway, but the rain did slow us down a bit at times.
Restaurants very nicely accommodated food allergies.
I love this about Disney. They are so kind and accommodating with food allergies. Many of our servers asked about allergies before we even had a chance to tell them. I had forgotten how nice it is to be able to eat out and not stress about whether something is safe or not for your child.

We experienced Galaxy's Edge and Toy Story Land for the first time on this trip, and they were definitely highlights, esp GE. We were blown away. GotG was a big hit with the kids, too. We were able to ride it 3 times in 4 days. My son's fav ride is still FoP. I think EE was one of my favorites this time. It's hard to pick just one. Being able to ride everything together was nice - no more rider swap. DH has to skip some rides for motion sickness, but he can ride a lot more things at Disney than at Universal.

I hope all our other May trippers had a great time! We definitely want to go back, but will probably wait a few years. We like vacationing other places, too. We still have a lot of National Parks to see before the kids graduate HS.

We got back from our quick trip for my son’s 10th bday on Thursday and I’m already planning our next trip!

We ate breakfast at Ohana on the morning of his bday. The kids weren’t really impressed by the food but they all had a good time with the characters. Lilo tried to run off with my son’s Stitch plush so they all took off after her 🤣

I was afraid of how our night at the AH event at HS would play out but we had a really good time. It did drizzle most of the night but we used to live in Florida so we just rolled with it. We got to ride everything except the alien swirling saucers, which wasn’t a priority anyway. RRC was down at the beginning of the night but came back up halfway through the event and was pretty much walk on. Rise also went down but came back up and we were able to time it so that we got in line for it at 12:58am. After getting off, we were pretty much the last people to exit the park and got to see everything while it was empty.

We want to try Disneyland next so we may postpone our next DW trip until Tiana’s Bayou opens.

Since others are checking in with mini-trip reports, I guess I'll do the same. Our trip was from 5/14 - 5/21 at BWV. I did a 6-day PH and DH only did a 3-day pass. I do have to admit that the PH just wasn't worth it with the 2 PM restriction. At least, not for me since I usually do mornings and occasionally evenings in the parks. In the past, I would get 2 parks in before 2 PM but now since I have to wait to hop it just didn't work well with other evening plans scheduled. Would it do it again? Maybe? That's a maybe only if I decide to do a 2-day park pass for our Christmas week trip and that's only to take in the park decorations. The weather was nice although after the first 2 sunny, breezy days, it turned really hot. Probably the warmest of the May trips we've taken.

We finally got to do MMRR and ROTR but at a cost. We did Genie+ and one LL on our HS day and it was somewhere around $80. Ridiculous! I figured I'd do them once but I don't think I would do both again!

I decided to pass on the HS AH but did participate in Monday's EP EEH which I'm glad I did. I was solo but had a great time. Ran into a lot of fun people! Nice crowd that night as everyone was having a blast and the weather was breezy and just perfect. Did all the countries in WS, got on Frozen, and had my own boat on Gran Fiesta nearer to the end of the night.

We did a lot of dinners during this trip: Narcoossee's, Toledo, Ale and Compass, Jock Lindsey's, Rose and Crown, Trattoria al Forno, and Grand Floridian for breakfast. Narcoossee's was good but not worth the price IMO besides the fact that the a/c wasn't working...ugh! Toledo, on the other hand, delivered again just like our last trip. 😋

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter