***Official May 2023 Thread***

We're back and the Disney Blues are hitting hard now that I'm back to adulting and having responsibilities(no thank you LOL) we had a great trip and got to do a ton. With a party of 13 with various ages, I was not sure how this would go, but with the exception of one of the family units we did great and things went relatively smoothly all things considered!

We're back and the Disney Blues are hitting hard now that I'm back to adulting and having responsibilities(no thank you LOL) we had a great trip and got to do a ton. With a party of 13 with various ages, I was not sure how this would go, but with the exception of one of the family units we did great and things went relatively smoothly all things considered!
I'm glad you had a great time! Tbh you deserve a vacation for vacationing with a party of 13!!

I might need a vacation after vacationing with my 13 year old. We are having a great trip, glad I am not super hungry in the heat though because he is making up for it. And oh so moody, plus being seen with mom. No pictures this trip I guess!

We have enjoyed Tron and Guardians, I liked them both but am not happy about having to pay for rides now. Yes I know we can virtual queue. Might try genie+ tomorrow as we have not been up in time for rope drop since the first day. We leave Friday so I want to make the most of it. I am not sure when we will be back next.

Tweaking ADRs again less than 2 weeks out…😂 we decided to drop Rosa Mexicano on our arrival night and go to Yachtsman instead. The more I thought about it the less sense it made for us to spend vacation time at a restaurant we could go to at home, and I never got to try Yachtsman the first time I stayed at YC because it hadn’t reopened yet.

Tweaking ADRs again less than 2 weeks out…😂 we decided to drop Rosa Mexicano on our arrival night and go to Yachtsman instead. The more I thought about it the less sense it made for us to spend vacation time at a restaurant we could go to at home, and I never got to try Yachtsman the first time I stayed at YC because it hadn’t reopened yet.
I'm laughing because I was *literally* just tweaking ADRs for my daughter's grad trip next week. Like I really care all that much where the teens eat! LOL! I was trying to get them a Beaches & Cream lunch one day, with no luck... I'll see if I have any success day of as I've had in the past. Otherwise, no big deal. Anyway, I think you'll love Yachtsman. I went once and had a really good experience.

I leave THIS WEEK and am still looking at stuff.

I'm laughing because I was *literally* just tweaking ADRs for my daughter's grad trip next week. Like I really care all that much where the teens eat! LOL! I was trying to get them a Beaches & Cream lunch one day, with no luck... I'll see if I have any success day of as I've had in the past. Otherwise, no big deal. Anyway, I think you'll love Yachtsman. I went once and had a really good experience.
Replying to myself - Yay! I got the Beaches & Cream lunch I wanted for the teens' trip next week at exactly the time I wanted.

We're finally in the single digits! 9 days to go. This weekend I'll start packing in earnest since I got pretty much everything I need and probably a ton that I don't. :rotfl2: In my defense I really did need more makeup erasers and Good Morning America had them on deals and steals the other day...and there were Disney Princess themed ones...but that's it! My toiletries bag is always the last to get packed so there are a couple of things I need from my final Target run next Friday. Other than that it's all good.

The weather is looking more like standard FL summer than late May generally is, so I'm glad we have our rain gear. gf bought the same packable rain jacket that I did.

What kind of rainy day outfits are you guys packing?
I dress the same regardless, i just wear water friendly sandals and take my umbrella and my trusty packable rain jacket. My bottoms are all moisture wicking quick dry shorts and skorts. Good to keep cool and dry. The dress shop dresses are fine but I tend to wear them in evenings after the storms

Dd and I leave tomorrow morning. I am adding a few rain items, a little jacket I can stuff in my purse, umbrella and bringing extra shoes and socks. We’ve been so lucky on our last trips weather wise, I didn’t even have rain on mind. I just pictured perfect sunny skies😂😬.

I decided to spend this weekend deep cleaning my house so that it will be clean coming home. (Probably pointless since Dh and the 2 little kids will still be here). I have had our brand new magic bangs, un opened in the box on my nightstand for over a month. Now, after cleaning I can’t find them.Hoping I didn’t toss them by mistake. I have a few old ones for me, but DD doesn’t have any. Cant believe I might have to buy another one.

Im also still tweaking our adrs. I’m honestly thinking about cancelling them and just grabbing what’s available when we want to eat. I have no idea if I’m going to want to eat at Narcossee on Wed. night. Maybe I want to take a break and rest, or head to MK🤷🏼‍♀️. This is so unlike me. Usually I want 3 meals a day since I love planning.

24 hours from now I'll be on a plane headed for Orlando. Just posting out of excitement. :)

(BTW these tickers are annoying lol. My trip is tomorrow, not 8 days from now.)
Yay! We have 6 days to go and I'm mostly packed for once. :eek:

Just a handful of things I need to pick up from Target and CVS. Bonine is getting really hard to find in stores so I ended up having to get it off Amazon. I prefer it to Dramamine because it doesn't make me sleepy and I only have to take one in the morning before heading out to the parks.

We're finally in the single digits! 9 days to go. This weekend I'll start packing in earnest since I got pretty much everything I need and probably a ton that I don't. :rotfl2: In my defense I really did need more makeup erasers and Good Morning America had them on deals and steals the other day...and there were Disney Princess themed ones...but that's it! My toiletries bag is always the last to get packed so there are a couple of things I need from my final Target run next Friday. Other than that it's all good.

The weather is looking more like standard FL summer than late May generally is, so I'm glad we have our rain gear. gf bought the same packable rain jacket that I did.
Last week’s weather was definitely around 10 degrees hotter than usual. We only had rain once and that started just as we arrived at Hoop Dee Doo Review but wasn’t too heavy and didn’t last long at all. At least we didn’t have to wear ponchos in the heat. Very thankful for that!

Last week’s weather was definitely around 10 degrees hotter than usual. We only had rain once and that started just as we arrived at Hoop Dee Doo Review but wasn’t too heavy and didn’t last long at all. At least we didn’t have to wear ponchos in the heat. Very thankful for that!
The week of Memorial Day/first week of June can be funny in terms of weather down there, it mostly doesn’t rain the way it does during peak storm season but then once in a while it can get crazy. Back in 2021 I was coming back to YC from HS after building a droid one afternoon when there was light rain and the boat turned around halfway to Swan and Dolphin and had to return to the HS dock due to lightning. We were directed to the bus depot and then the sky opened up. Almost as bad as the monsoon rains we used to get in Arizona when I lived out there. No way I could have walked home carrying the droid box and a big bag of souvenirs for my co-workers. It lasted for a good 3-4 hours too! But it was weirdly relaxing to watch it from my room. I actually love Disney rain!

The week of Memorial Day/first week of June can be funny in terms of weather down there, it mostly doesn’t rain the way it does during peak storm season but then once in a while it can get crazy. Back in 2021 I was coming back to YC from HS after building a droid one afternoon when there was light rain and the boat turned around halfway to Swan and Dolphin and had to return to the HS dock due to lightning. We were directed to the bus depot and then the sky opened up. Almost as bad as the monsoon rains we used to get in Arizona when I lived out there. No way I could have walked home carrying the droid box and a big bag of souvenirs for my co-workers. It lasted for a good 3-4 hours too! But it was weirdly relaxing to watch it from my room. I actually love Disney rain!
Disney rain definitely seems better than regular everyday rain! We did have some lightning on our last night which unfortunately cancelled our late night pool plans but overall weather was great last week. Hope you have good weather too and a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter