*** Official May 2024 Thread ***

Hay all! I just booked May 18th-25th at Beach Club CL. This will be the first of two trips we have planned for this year. The other is at the end of June for the Poly. This trip is for a family event, but I do plan on taking full advantage of the opportunity to go twice in as many months. I look forward to planning with y'all.

Ughhhh I think I'm going to have to move our trip up a day or two, putting us there May 12-18. I SWEAR I booked it to where we would be returning home the day before prom, but I was just looking at the calendar and we were actually leaving ON prom day... Ooops! I think they tricked me 😉. It's fine, this puts us there with all weekday park days, and it's actually a cheaper package and flights.

My sister and I finally nailed down dates for our trip and it's bumped right against the end of my trip with my family, so I'll leave BCV on May 28 and check into AKV-Jambo House for 4 more nights!! :banana: And even better news is that I was able to modify my existing ticket to add on park days so I didn't have to shell out for a separate, second ticket! I'll be in Disney for a week and a half - happy 40th to me :rotfl2:

I pulled the trigger on our flights, at last! We had a delta companion certificate that we needed to use and I convinced hubby to just let me use it for the flights for me and my son. It was an OK deal (but we may drop the delta card that gives that companion ticket, but that's another story).
Then, I used my miles to book my husband's ticket - he'll come in a couple days after us and then leave with us on June 1.
Under 200 days now! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
Now I just sit and wait for hotel deals to come out maybe early next year.
Trying to decide if I'll do a split stay: 2 nights Sports for me and son, move to Caribbean beach for 4 nights when hubby arrives for skyliner. Or, just stay at Caribbean beach the whole time.

So with us staying less weekend days since our trip now falls from Sunday to Saturday, prices are a little cheaper. I’m considering changing from Coronado to Swan/Dolphin… Any opinions? I’m really interested in the extra evening hours…

So with us staying less weekend days since our trip now falls from Sunday to Saturday, prices are a little cheaper. I’m considering changing from Coronado to Swan/Dolphin… Any opinions? I’m really interested in the extra evening hours…
Kidding… I booked then switched back to Coronado. I didn’t realize how much my kids were looking forward to that resort. First world probs!

Last edited:
Feels like we're all in that planning lull where we've booked what we can, made rough plans that we can and now we wait for things like Flower and Garden Festival announcements. Makes me antsy. I am so SO excited for this trip, especially since I get to extend it with my sister, but it still feels so far away...

Feels like we're all in that planning lull where we've booked what we can, made rough plans that we can and now we wait for things like Flower and Garden Festival announcements. Makes me antsy. I am so SO excited for this trip, especially since I get to extend it with my sister, but it still feels so far away...
Ugh yes. I’m waiting for the new discounts to come out next month!

We got back tonight and plan on doing an adults only trip (me and DH) May 12-18. We had planned to stay at BWI, but loved visiting the Dolphin so much this trip we are going to stay there for the first time.

Hi May crew! We are doing the yearly birthday trip a week earlier this year because we are doing our first land & sea trip and cruising over my actual birthday is way more expensive, lol. 5/15 - 5/20 we will be at the parks (resort still undecided), then sailing for our first ever DCL trip on the Wish 5/20 - 5/24, then doing one night resort only stay post cruise at AKL. Originally this was just going to be a cruise but partner still has as 4 day hopper ticket floating around from one of our many covid postponements so we decided to finally use it up.

Still deciding on the resort for the parks portion of our trip., it will depend on what discounts are out. We are debating between Gran Destino (I talked it up and gf is curious) or garden wing at the Contemporary. Mainly because we will have limited time in the parks so I'm kinda loath to give up extended evening hours but we are trying to save on the resort stay. The Dolphin is the third option we are looking at to split the difference, mainly we are just waiting to see what the Disney discounts are looking like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter