*** Official May 2024 Thread ***

Thank you for this thread! My oldest daughter and I are heading back to Pop May 27-June 1. I am looking every day for those discounts to hit!! February was our last trip, and I teach middle school, so I just decided to wait til the school year was over. My daughter gave me Cirque tickets for Christmas!! CAN. NOT. WAIT!!

We traveled to Central Florida this year (last year?) for Christmas with some family there. I can't tell you how WRONG it feels to fly into MCO and NOT go to Disney! May can't come soon enough!!

I was going to do April and had it booked, but getting the time off from work was not going to happen, so I shifted to late May, early June. 30 May - June 8 to be exact. Riviera in a PV Studio from 30 May to 01 June (crossing use year, so a bit of a pain, two reservations), BRV in a 1BDRM from 02 June to 05 June and AKL Jambo House in a 1BDRM from 06 June to 08 June.

Please help me decide now! Because the discount is higher for 5 nights....
It would be about $450 more for me to do 2 nights AKL, 4 nights CBR vs. doing all 6 nights at CBR.
Oh the struggle of decisions is real!!!
I always wanted to to AKL. I also assume we will have Extended Epcot hours Monday night at the deluxe resort. But I'd be spending an extra $450, and also packing up and moving.
Help!!!

Also, I started looking at Disney Swan/Dolphin again. Their rates had previously been higher a few months ago (for a May trip). But it looks like they may have normalized a bit, and are closer in line with these Disney deals now.
Yet another option!

Well, after discussing with the boss man (my 14 year old son!) about all my different pricing and split stay permutations, he has delivered his verdict: He wants Caribbean Beach for all 6 nights. No moving. Has the skyliner. He loves that theme (we're big beach / tropical folks).

I originally was going Apr 7-13 booked via BB but with the release of the AP room discount this morning I moved my trip from April to May and will now be going May 19-24 and staying at ASMo. I saved $400 by doing this.

I'm just a little nervous going between 2 major holidays, Canadas Victoria Day Weekend and Memorial Day weekend, lol.

I have a trip tentatively scheduled for May 12-17 at SSR. I had to cancel my bike trip to the Netherlands due to a health issue, but I'm hoping that I'll be up for a really laid back trip stateside instead. I haven't told my kids yet just in case I have to cancel.

Well, after discussing with the boss man (my 14 year old son!) about all my different pricing and split stay permutations, he has delivered his verdict: He wants Caribbean Beach for all 6 nights. No moving. Has the skyliner. He loves that theme (we're big beach / tropical folks).
I was thinking how great AKL would be. However, the packing and moving might be a no-go for me. I have not done it before, but I sense this about my lazy self!! :rotfl2:

I originally was going Apr 7-13 booked via BB but with the release of the AP room discount this morning I moved my trip from April to May and will now be going May 19-24 and staying at ASMo. I saved $400 by doing this.

I'm just a little nervous going between 2 major holidays, Canadas Victoria Day Weekend and Memorial Day weekend, lol.

We'll be right there with you Memorial Day week... If you're AP sounds like you've been many times. We've been a few in the last few years. With that in mind, I feel like if I approach it wit the mindset - "we'll get whatever done that we can; no need to do it all", then we will be in a better position!
I know it will be hot and busy then, so my next move is to plan an ADR each day for a break, recall all the quick service places with indoor A/C seating, indoor shows (that also may not be as busy). I think that will really help!

So we just made reservations for May 26-May 30, so excited!
My sister and me and our 4 adult “kids”.
Staying at ASMo then on to UO for a couple of days.

I’m a bit nervous about going over Memorial Day.
We’ll have 3 park days on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

Should we expect that all three days will be pretty busy? I’ve never been over MD.

We'll be right there with you Memorial Day week... If you're AP sounds like you've been many times. We've been a few in the last few years. With that in mind, I feel like if I approach it wit the mindset - "we'll get whatever done that we can; no need to do it all", then we will be in a better position!
I know it will be hot and busy then, so my next move is to plan an ADR each day for a break, recall all the quick service places with indoor A/C seating, indoor shows (that also may not be as busy). I think that will really help!

I like your mindset. I usually avoid all holidays but for some reason didn’t take either into consideration when I moved my vacation 🤣. I’ll still have a great time though, I always do and don’t worry if I miss a ride, it will be there next time. 😊😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter