• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say go over to Frontierland for the parade if you really aren't into staking out a spot 2 hours ahead of time. I'm pretty sure that's what we are going to do, my DD will not sit still that long for anything! I've never been to a MVMCP but we've watched the Main Street Electrical Parade from there and got a pretty decent spot 20 minutes before. I would imagine the same to be true for the Christmas parade, but we shall see! The castle view and snow would be magical but not worth the hassle for us.
Also used to watch the Main Street Electrical Parade in Frontierland. In front if the Frontierland Shootin Gallery there are a couple of raised platform type areas you can sit on while you wait or the kids can stand on as the parade passes and it allows you to be on the side of the parade where you have access to restrooms and the cut through to Adventureland. I'd look at the videos of the parade in Frontierland on YouTube for the street atmosphere so you can decide how important that is to you for viewing the parade. I did, and i am still undecided where i want to watch this parade!

19A63502-44DB-47E3-8B19-445F134BC27C.png
UPDATES - Magic Shots

Confirmation for the Following Magic Shots:
  • A Giant Christmas Bulb (Green @ Liberty Square & Red @ Bypass, Castle Hub Area??) I think after the Bypass area closes they move the bulb from there to the walkway near the left rose garden area. We saw them wheeling one across Main Street in that direction around 7:30ish and at the Halloween party they had a similar set up with the giant pumpkins in that area
  • Mistletoe (Fireworks Plaza & Bridge near Monsters Inc, Laugh Floor) They also can do this on Main Street during the day prior to the actual party starting if you want to get that shot out of the way earlier
  • Snow Globe (Main Street, U.S.A.), We asked multiple photographers and everyone told us they were only doing that magic shot in one location in the Hub-it was to the left of the partner statues by the flower bed
  • Zero Jack Skellington’s ghost dog from “Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas” (Haunted Mansion)
  • Toy Soldiers from “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade” are Marching through the Winter Wonderland (Main Street, U.S.A) --- You’ll receive a Magic Shot and an Animated Magic Shot!
  • The Kringle Crew doing the Candy Cane Twist (Magic Kingdom Park Christmas Tree)

Confirmed & Will Add to Post #1
  • MVMCP Stamp on Photo in MM (Magic Kingdom Park Christmas Tree)
  • Candy Cane Overhead (Rose Garden Area)
  • Gingerbread Man & Reindeer (Magic Kingdom Park Entrance)

Verify
Your Favorite Fashionable Fairy is ready with a Little Yuletide Pixie Dust (Main Street, U.S.A.)
----Is this Tinkerbell in Santa Outfit (HUB near Partners Statue)?
Yes see picture above
Got picture near the partners statue and a little closer to Main Street as well

Needs Attention
  • Ugly Christmas Sweater (Fantasyland), We did not actually see this ourselves but heard it was near Ariel’s Grotto. It is the area where they have done various background pictures like the fireworks and dancing skeletons in the past
  • A Few Jubilant Favorites from “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade” Welcome You to the Celebration! (Entrance of Magic Kingdom Park) I think this is referring to the reindeer and gingerbread man. There is only 1 place to get pics at the entrance that I’m aware of and that’s where that magic shot was taken
  • MVMCP Picture Frame prop? They had a few of those in the bypass area when we entered around 5 [/USER]

We're doing our first Christmas Party in a couple weeks. We don't really care about characters (and certainly aren't waiting an hour or more to take a picture with them) ... but the wife does want to see the parade. How early do we have to line up for that to get a decent view (or at least a spot we can take some pictures without the back of a bunch of heads in there) ? From what I read, it seems easier to find a spot in Town Square then along the route from Frontierland. Still not sure which parade we will watch (I wish I could say the later, but we're going to be at MK from 8am on that day ... I'm afraid I'll pass out by 11pm)

I haven’t seen info in how long Moana’s line is and the best time to see her. She’s the only character I’m interested in as we will be at the party the Friday!

Question... do each of the characters meeting during the party wear something different or have something Christmas-y with them? I can only imagine waiting in line for characters that ARE available at other times IF they're dressed differently for the party.

I've taken a look at Kenny the Pirate's site, and he indicates this info for some characters and not others. Does anyone know?

Just booked a last minute one night trip for me and my boss at the end of our work trip :)
We got a room at POR so I made FP's today. I am trying to figure out if my FP times will be okay.
I booked the following:
Splash- 3:15
BTMRR- 4:15
Space- 5:15

Does anyone know if those times will be ok? I recall last year I made my last FP for 5:30 and it was fine. TIA!

I'm so glad you were able to make the party work for you this year!!!!

I haven’t seen info in how long Moana’s line is and the best time to see her. She’s the only character I’m interested in as we will be at the party the Friday!

I think it is either line up before 5 so your wait doesn't take up any party time...either that or take a gamble that the line might get shorter during fireworks or later in that night.

Question... do each of the characters meeting during the party wear something different or have something Christmas-y with them? I can only imagine waiting in line for characters that ARE available at other times IF they're dressed differently for the party.

I've taken a look at Kenny the Pirate's site, and he indicates this info for some characters and not others. Does anyone know?

7 dwarves have scarves.
Aladdin meets in his Prince Ali outfit.
Pooh gang wears scarves.
Mickey has a Christmas outfit on (has different Christmas outfit on that coordinates with Minnie's at AK that you can meet during the regular day)
Minnie and Daisy have Christmas outfits
Peter Pan has a scarf.
Goofy has a santa outfit.
Donald has a Christmas plaid outfit.

These are the ones in different outfits, doesn't take into account characters you can't meet on day to day basis like Scrooge.

7 dwarves have scarves.
Aladdin meets in his Prince Ali outfit.
Pooh gang wears scarves.
Mickey has a Christmas outfit on (has different Christmas outfit on that coordinates with Minnie's at AK that you can meet during the regular day)
Minnie and Daisy have Christmas outfits
Peter Pan has a scarf.
Goofy has a santa outfit.
Donald has a Christmas plaid outfit.

These are the ones in different outfits, doesn't take into account characters you can't meet on day to day basis like Scrooge.
This is AWESOME -- thanks!!! :)

I am planning on only using party ticket on our party night but can I make it to a 4pm dinner reservation at The Plaza? It only matters for DH, DD and I have AP's. I really want to keep the reservation, they are exceptional with all my food allergies. Any advice would be appreciated!

I am planning on only using party ticket on our party night but can I make it to a 4pm dinner reservation at The Plaza? It only matters for DH, DD and I have AP's. I really want to keep the reservation, they are exceptional with all my food allergies. Any advice would be appreciated!

Yes, usually party goers start being let into the parks 10 or 15 minutes early.

I am going to repeat someone's question, only because I didn't see an answer. We are going to our first MVMCP. My kids are 10 and 12, so they could feasibly stay up until Midnight that night. Parades are nice but they aren't the most important to us. Is the second parade substantially less crowded/chaotic than the first?

Hi, again! Hoping someone experienced can offer some good insight, and hopefully reassure me!

My group of 10 (5 adults, 5 young kids) will be heading to our first MVMCP in early December. I have been reading every bit of MVMCP information that I can, as this is likely a one-time event for us since it's a big splurge. My group would like to try to watch the first parade, even though we know it will be more crowded, because there's a good chance that some of the kids could fall asleep & miss the parade entirely if we only do the second, later parade.

However, I'm reading reports on various blogs & forums that people suggest getting a spot on the curb on Main Street for the Once Upon a Christmastime Parade at least 2 hours early! And that would mean being on the curb at 630pm for an 830pm parade! Not only am I concerned that the kids (6, 6, 5, 4, 20 months) won't have the patience for that, but also we were hoping to get one large group photo with the 7 Dwarfs, and our original plan was to do that first (and be in line early for them). But now I'm worried accomplishing both won't happen - if we focus on good parade seating & watch the first parade, that flows right into the fireworks show at 10pm, meaning we probably couldn't line up for 7 Dwarfs until after fireworks were over - likely having asleep kiddos!

But if we do the Dwarfs first, even if we managed to be among the first in line, we might not be finished that until 730pm or after, and will that put us out of contention for a curb spot on Main Street for the first parade? We don't need a full curb for all 10 of us, if that makes a difference, but we do have strollers and would want the 4 older kids to have a curb seat while we adults stand or carry the 20 month old.

Realistically - is it just something that we have to let go of, wanting to do the first parade AND meeting a popular character(s) while everyone is awake? If so, that's really frustrating. Thanks in advance for any feedback - I'm the primary planner for all 10 of us & was the one who convinced everyone to splurge on MVMCP, so I'm really trying to make sure we all have a good time.
Coming from someone who has planned a Disney trip (granted it was a January trip, not MVMCP) for a group similar in makeup to yours, what would the kids be most excited to do? Believe me, I stressed about that trip, we had 8 adults and 5 children, one a little princess so for the first time I was up booking BBB and Frozen fastpasses! I think as long as they are happy everyone else in your party will be. And if they are going to fall asleep by like 10pm, you probably want to maximize the experience for them. I literally went so commando planning the trip that the last day we had, I had actually set up as a free to do what you want day, and everyone but my DH and kids slept in and went to a mall in the AM and went back to MK at night. But...the kids all were happy and had fun and each got to do things they wanted so the parents were happy...I think. :)

Also, how many of the kids have been to Disney before and how much time will you be spending at MK besides the party?

Last edited:
I am going to repeat someone's question, only because I didn't see an answer. We are going to our first MVMCP. My kids are 10 and 12, so they could feasibly stay up until Midnight that night. Parades are nice but they aren't the most important to us. Is the second parade substantially less crowded/chaotic than the first?

It is, but in my experience last Friday, not by much. We waited roughly 40 minutes to hold our spot on Main Street after the fireworks cleared out some of the crowds. For us, we didn't have kids with us, but it worked out better because we wanted to make sure we got our must-see characters out of the way early.

It is, but in my experience last Friday, not by much. We waited roughly 40 minutes to hold our spot on Main Street after the fireworks cleared out some of the crowds. For us, we didn't have kids with us, but it worked out better because we wanted to make sure we got our must-see characters out of the way early.

Was 40 min about right or did you feel like you were early? We were planning fireworks then go see Mickey’s stage show and then keep our spot for the parade. I’m wondering if that will work or if we have it all too cramped together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter