OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

So they let everyone with a Garden Grill PPO in at the same time and seat you as soon as you arrive to the restaurant. We had an 8am for our trip in December but some people with later ADRs walked faster and were seated before us. The front gate makes you line up as soon as you arrive, and the 8:45 reservation might be in front of you to get in. Your 8:25 is plenty early I'm sure! But, set the TP alerts if you want to be extra safe :-)
Interesting... is this the case for all PPO restaurant ADRs? Mainly interested in Tusker House. We had an 8:45am but I cancelled so we wouldn't miss rope drop.

I'm going to try and get one for every MK day we have, but not until late morning. I just can't decide if we should head to PP or 7DMT first.

Last year (this is before the change to the welcome show and rope drop), we were able to ride 7dmt then get over to PP and the line wasn't bad at all at PP. I'd say maybe 15 minutes if that. But the que is cute so it didn't feel like a wait at all. Then we went to meet princesses. Wait time was about 10 minutes for them. We only did one set because I had fastpasses for the other (Cinderella/Elena FP). Splitting up worked out well for us.

So they let everyone with a Garden Grill PPO in at the same time and seat you as soon as you arrive to the restaurant. We had an 8am for our trip in December but some people with later ADRs walked faster and were seated before us. The front gate makes you line up as soon as you arrive, and the 8:45 reservation might be in front of you to get in. Your 8:25 is plenty early I'm sure! But, set the TP alerts if you want to be extra safe :-)

Thanks for the info! When we did CP and CM we got right in and we were early. When we did Akershaus and Hollywood & Vine we ended up waiting (25 minutes for the latter!)

Interesting... is this the case for all PPO restaurant ADRs? Mainly interested in Tusker House. We had an 8:45am but I cancelled so we wouldn't miss rope drop.

I don't know about all or Tusker in particular, but we did two PPO breakfasts in December (Garden Grill and Be Our Guest) and it was the case for both of these :-)

Thanks for the info! When we did CP and CM we got right in and we were early. When we did Akershaus and Hollywood & Vine we ended up waiting (25 minutes for the latter!)

I wonder if that is just endemic to Hollywood & Vine and Akershus. We were on time for our ADRs (lunch at H&V and dinner at Akershus) and had to wait too? I also suppose it's up to the individual cast member too :-)

Last year (this is before the change to the welcome show and rope drop), we were able to ride 7dmt then get over to PP and the line wasn't bad at all at PP. I'd say maybe 15 minutes if that. But the que is cute so it didn't feel like a wait at all. Then we went to meet princesses. Wait time was about 10 minutes for them. We only did one set because I had fastpasses for the other (Cinderella/Elena FP). Splitting up worked out well for us.

I'm guessing we should be at the gates for 7:15 at least. We plan to drive from Uni to BC and drop off a couple of bags, check in and hit the bus by 7am at the latest.

So our wonderful TA was able to get us our arrival date as a FD reservations (instead of room only) so now I have an extra TS credit to play with!!! AHHH!!!
What to do?!? (and I am so supper giddy that we were able to snag this!!)
Any suggestions for a good TS for us to book that would not require a park ticket?
we are already dining at Ohana and Chef Mickey's...I need one for November 26 (which is our latest and greatest FD addition)
Something that would possibly be easy to get (and preferably a Character Dining) as our 180 days have passed and we are now at 173 days until departure LOL

My boys (yes, husband included) can be picky. All 3 said Ohana was a must do after our dinner there last year!

Good to know! thank you! I think we are going to keep it. Like hearing that this restaurant is good for those "picky" eaters...my son (at 11 yrs old) is a huge Chicken fingers and fries / pizza kind of kid

Good to know! thank you! I think we are going to keep it. Like hearing that this restaurant is good for those "picky" eaters...my son (at 11 yrs old) is a huge Chicken fingers and fries / pizza kind of kid
The good thing is there are always chicken fingers as a back up! :)

So our wonderful TA was able to get us our arrival date as a FD reservations (instead of room only) so now I have an extra TS credit to play with!!! AHHH!!!
Any suggestions for a good TS for us to book that would not require a park ticket?
we are already dining at Ohana and Chef Mickey's...I need one for November 26 (which is our latest and greatest FD addition)
Something that would possibly be easy to get (and preferably a Character Dining) as our 180 days have passed and we are now at 173 days until departure LOL
What park are you doing that day? We liked Tusker House, Garden Grill, and H&V. We are trying Crystal Palace breakfast this year for the first time.

What park are you doing that day? We liked Tusker House, Garden Grill, and H&V. We are trying Crystal Palace breakfast this year for the first time.
We currently have no parks booked for our arrival day...but that may change LOL
We already have Tusker House as well as Hollywood and Vine booked
Maybe Garden Grill - going to have to look it up LOL
(mega Disney newbie here)

When we ate at Tusker House last year, you checked in once you arrived and then someone came out and got you and took you to your table. I don't think we waited long, maybe 5 or 10 minutes tops.

I didn't get a notification until very close to our trip. Don't lose hope! We might try Ample Hills this year, so that's an option if you don't end up finding a reservation. If you're set on B&C, I think you can order some items from the to-go window.

Ample Hills was amazing! Def worth a try!

What about 1900 Park Fare dinner with Cinderella and her step sisters? No park ticket needed since its at the Grand Floridian. Might be booked now, but it will open up before then I'm sure!

I've heard good things about 1900 Park Fare but also Whispering Canyon might be a good choice. It's not a character meal but the staff can be a lot of fun. It was my nephew's favorite dining experience so we booked it for our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter