OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

ADR's for this trip:
11/11- Chef Mickey dinner (we've done breakfast but 1st for dinner)
11/13- BOG Lunch, CRT dinner
11/14- Rainforest Cafe dinner
11/15- Garden Grill PPO breakfast (1st time for breakfast-- LOVE the dinner)
11/16- Boma breakfast (favorite breakfast spot!!) Also my parents birthday (they have the same birthday and birthyear-- how cool is that?!).. attending MVMCP this night
11/17- Sci Fi lunch
11/18- Mickey's Backyard BBQ

Currently my family of 6 is booked for a family suite at AoA (my parents, myself & 3 kids). NOW my parents decide they may want to have different rooms. I have been checking online EVERY day for Little Mermaid rooms to pop up but nothing. Just about nothing is popping up except AS Music, POR Royal or Deluxe. From everything I've seen online the week we are going is supposed to be light crowds (Nov 11-19)... should I expect more rooms to be released? If so is there some kind of rule of thumb of when they release them?
I am going the same week and if you are talking about FD room availability, I've been checking since it dropped and not seeing any rooms being added but the Little Mermaid rooms are Never included in FD
Good Luck but at this point I have given up

Well my new obsession is stalking the dessert party dates. Once we book that we can finalize park days. I'm willing to hop there any night, so that helps :D
Just tried for our dates an no availability. :-( Going to keep stalking it.

Hi, everyone! Jumping in here as we just changed our reservations from late September to mid November 12-20 (not all on Disney property). Because better weather and lower crowds. I'm. So. EXCITED!

I am bringing my husband and four of our kids (my 14 year old is too cool for school or a family vacay and will be staying with his Nana) and we are tent camping at Ft Wilderness (pray for us!) because I really want to stay in property and this is the only way to house 6 people and stay under $100/night. So. Excited.

Plans are still in the works, but the only disappointment is that during our week, there are only two nights available at MK. Christmas Parties galore. And also I lost my BOG PPO ADR when I changed resort ressies. Will have to work on that.

So far:
Day 1: Leave home in our conversion party van (Big Red) after church on Sunday, drive to Valdosta.
Day 2: Drive to Ft Wilderness, set up camp, swim, roast hot dogs (if there's a campfire that night), watch movies, RELAX!
Day 3: Boma for bfast, then AK all day!
Day 4: BOG for bfast (if I can get it) then MK all day!
Day 5: DAY OFF (go on Christmas decor/Hidden Mickey adventures at WL, go to Disney Springs, swim, whatever!)
Day 6: Epcot Day (no dining plans, eating QS at World Showcase)
Day 7: Break camp, checkout, eat Brunch at Trail's End. Check into Condo and relax. Hubs and I will have 15th anniversary dinner at Artist Point that night.
Day 8: UNIVERSAL (really, just Wizarding World)
Day 9: Drive Home.

Did I mention I'm excited??? We will be celebrating two birthdays and an anniversary and it's everyone's first time except mine. Yay!

Ok, here is our game plan so far. No fast-passes yet, so still some undecided time. We fly to Orlando on Thursday morning, Nov. 9, and fly back home on Tuesday, Nov. 14, mid-day. We have a split stay between the Swan and Kidani Village. We rented DVC points for our Kidani portion. Also, we are only using the dining plan for the Kidani portion of our stay.
Day 1: uber from the airport, around noon check-in at the Swan, head over to MK, late lunch at Skipper Canteen, MVMCP
Day 2: walk to epcot for breakfast at the bakery in France, try to ride a few things, walk to HS around noon, ride stuff, late lunch at Sci-Fi Dine In, more rides or pool time at Swan, dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe, try to catch Illuminations at Epcot?, walk back to Beaches and Cream for dessert
Day 3: Dining plan kicks in, eat our way through Epcot at the Food and Wine fest, ride stuff?, hotel change to Kidani, relax by the pool, dinner at Sanaa, back to MK for extra magic hours and Happily Ever After
Day 4: Animal Kingdom day, dinner at 'Ohana, maybe head to DS for some shopping?
Day 5: Magic Kingdom, Epic castle dining day, lunch at BOG, dinner at CRT!
Day 6: Breakfast at Boma, check out by 11 and ship off the luggage. Maybe spend some time in a park, then uber to the airport?

Okay, so on a whim (since I couldn't get BOG) I made a reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern on 12/1 at 4:05... but I am only going to MVMCP that day, which opens at 4. Do you think I can make the reservation? Also, is there a grace period?

Okay, so on a whim (since I couldn't get BOG) I made a reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern on 12/1 at 4:05... but I am only going to MVMCP that day, which opens at 4. Do you think I can make the reservation? Also, is there a grace period?
Ha! We've got a reservation at 3:50 that day! :D

You should be fine. There is an ADR grace period. They don't publicize it but you're good with at 15 minutes for sure, sometimes more depending on the place. Last year we were driving from Port Orleans to the Poly for our 'Ohana reservation and got stuck in traffic making us really late. We were more than 15 minutes late and they took us. If you make sure to enter the park right at 4 you should be able to go straight to the tavern to eat!

You should be fine. There is an ADR grace period. They don't publicize it but you're good with at 15 minutes for sure, sometimes more depending on the place. Last year we were driving from Port Orleans to the Poly for our 'Ohana reservation and got stuck in traffic making us really late. We were more than 15 minutes late and they took us. If you make sure to enter the park right at 4 you should be able to go straight to the tavern to eat!
awesome, I was hoping so!! Thank you :)

Here's our plan!

Day 1 - Drive to GA from VA with youngest daughter
Day 2 - Drive from GA to Orlando / Universal Studios / Cabana Bay Resort
Day 3 - Universal Studios / Cabana Bay Resort
Day 4 - Universal Studios until 12pm / Check into POFQ / Magic Kingdom / Happily Ever After
Day 5 - Hollywood Studios / Breakfast at Cape May Cafe / Swim in the Pool
Day 6 - Magic Kingdom / Oldest daughter flies in from nursing school! / Disney Springs / Dinner at Homecoming
Day 7 - Epcot / Breakfast at Ohana / Candlelight Processional Dinner somewhere / Candlelight Processional
Day 8 - Magic Kingdom / Breakfast at Crystal Palace / Lunch at BOG / Mickey's Christmas Party!
Day 9 - Hollywood Studios / Breakfast Hollywood & Vine / Dinner at 50's Prime Time / Jingle Jam Show
Day 10 - Universal Studios / Bon Voyage Breakfast / Harry Potter Christmas Show
Day 11 - Animal Kingdom / Breakfast at Rainforest Cafe / Daughter flies back to school / Dinner at Rainforest Cafe / Rivers of Light
Day 12 - Magic Kingdom / Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare / Dinner at BOG / Swim in the Pool
Day 13 - Epcot / Breakfast at Akershus / Dinner at Rose & Crown / Christmas Around the World
Day 14 - Check out of POFQ / Drive to NC
Day 15 - Drive home ... miss Disney ... plan our May trip ... :-)

Last edited:
We are! Love Universal!! We are staying at Cabana Bay for 2 nights before checking into Disney and will be doing another Universal day while we're at Disney!

I am confused about EMH. Last time we were there a few years ago I thought EMH were for everyone staying on property, but now I keep seeing people talk about paying extra for EMH so can you not go into the parks for EMH anymore unless you are buying that extra hour? I'm just trying to plan my days now that I have most ADR's in place and I don't know what I'm doing.

I am confused about EMH. Last time we were there a few years ago I thought EMH were for everyone staying on property, but now I keep seeing people talk about paying extra for EMH so can you not go into the parks for EMH anymore unless you are buying that extra hour? I'm just trying to plan my days now that I have most ADR's in place and I don't know what I'm doing.

Extra Magic Hours are still for people staying on property. Now there is something called Early Morning Magic (EMM) which is different from EMH and is similar to a party, in that you pay for that extra time in the park.

Extra Magic Hours are still for people staying on property. Now there is something called Early Morning Magic (EMM) which is different from EMH and is similar to a party, in that you pay for that extra time in the park.

ahhh. ok thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter