OFFICIAL NOVEMBER 2017 THREAD

I'm hesitant to get packing cubes. I hear great things about them too, but I don't see how you can fill every nook and cranny in a suitcase with packing cubes. And if you just fill the nook and crannies around the cubes, then I'm not sure what the point is. I usually fill my suitcase like a puzzle. I feel cubes will prevent that.
Why can't I visualize the efficiency??? LOL. I fill up all the space anyway. I really want to get cubes and make them work for us, I just don't see the difference. Everything is still going in the same space.

Our kids have their own suitcases, too. And I can't see using the cubes in the resort drawers, as then you have to unzip each cube to get your stuff each time.

I'm usually the one with all the gadgets and bins, etc for anything and everything. I'm known for my organization skills. I'm not sure why I can't handle the packing cube scenario. LOL.
We use cubes and love them. So much. But I think for us it's because we Camp and don't fly. So we don't actually use suitcases and there are no dressers at a campground. I do use them in suitcases too for organization for the kids. But we are also a large family and the color coding matters for my sanity and theirs.

We use cubes and love them. So much. But I think for us it's because we Camp and don't fly. So we don't actually use suitcases and there are no dressers at a campground. I do use them in suitcases too for organization for the kids. But we are also a large family and the color coding matters for my sanity and theirs.
Eeek. At the risk of going off topic... How do you use them camping? We camp too! Not at DW though... We normally each just have a duffel bag. How do you use the cubes camping? Where do you store them?

had a TP res. notice this morning for Be our Guest but of course by the time my phone wanted to load it was gone.

But I guess it's ok it was for a morning when we really want to sleep in (after MVMCP) so keep searching.

I search for a BOG like 30 times a day. lol I just keep thinking that someone is going to drop one soon.

I got packing cubes for our trip to Disney last December and LOVED them. The trick was to get packing cubes in different sizes! That way you can fill up all the space. They actually made our packing so much more efficient, and super easy to unpack each person's stuff in the hotel room. I was super nerdy and got us different colored cubes too, so that it was easy to tell my cubes from my husbands and my kids!

Good idea with the different colored cubes.

Eeek. At the risk of going off topic... How do you use them camping? We camp too! Not at DW though... We normally each just have a duffel bag. How do you use the cubes camping? Where do you store them?
I store them in an overhead storage in the van, then when we set up camp and there's room in the car, they go in the back of the van along with our pop-up laundry basket. It works great!

I'm such a geek. Magicbands shipped yesterday and I've been stalking the tracking page. It says they are scheduled to be delivered next Tuesday! :banana:
I ordered a set of packing cubes this week to try out and see if I think they'll help. I've heard good things about them but never used them myself.
My ears I ordered came last week :earsgirl: and the custom shirts I ordered should come next week. (I went a bit Etsy crazy) Looks like I've got most stuff done, just trying to make sure as I'm sure something will creep up on me!

I loooove me some Etsy! But I didn't order anything for this trip, since I splurged last trip on custom Drinking Around the World ears AND glow-in-the-dark Little Mermaid ears :scared: so I really need to get some more use out of those to justify just how much I spent on them before I buy any new ones.

I got packing cubes for our trip to Disney last December and LOVED them. The trick was to get packing cubes in different sizes! That way you can fill up all the space. They actually made our packing so much more efficient, and super easy to unpack each person's stuff in the hotel room. I was super nerdy and got us different colored cubes too, so that it was easy to tell my cubes from my husbands and my kids!

That is not super nerdy. That is super smart!

Omg all the countdowns are freaking me out. I have so much to do. Eek! Better get my butt in gear.

Me, too! I just bought the last shirts for our park fashions, but my packing list is incomplete. I need to sort through all the stuff I have accumulated over the past 6 months. I need to meet up with our house sitter. We need flu shots. And on and on and on.

I bought a set of packing cubes a while back when Amazon had a good deal. Still not sure what I am going to do with them. I'm packing my daughter's clothes in Ziplocks per day to make it easier on her in the mornings.

Any tips on the cubes would be good!
I use ziplock bags too. We have 3 kids and I find it so much easier to pack all 3 kids clothes in one bag per day. I have the bags labeled for each day of the parks with the kids somewhat coordinated clothing (which DS10 hates, lol). In the morning I just grab the days bag and it's super easy! I even throw my DD cute hair accessories in the bags.:)

Anybody else starting to feel a bit stressed by how close the trip is getting??
I mean, I've got 36 days to go, but I feel like there's stuff I need to do and I might not get it all done. But really there isn't much I need to be doing, but I feel like there is. I really should get in to the eye doc and get glasses before the trip, man I'm getting blind, but other than that, not much.
It's just DH and I this time, so I only have to pack for 1. Yay!

Anybody else starting to feel a bit stressed by how close the trip is getting??
I mean, I've got 36 days to go, but I feel like there's stuff I need to do and I might not get it all done. But really there isn't much I need to be doing, but I feel like there is. I really should get in to the eye doc and get glasses before the trip, man I'm getting blind, but other than that, not much.
It's just DH and I this time, so I only have to pack for 1. Yay!

Yes Yes Yes, full panic mode here too! 37 days to go and I have so much to do or at least it seems like I do. The past 7 days flew by!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter