*** Official November 2018 Thread - It's Turkey Lurkey Time! ***

Hey, does anyone want to do a MM share, or is there one to join? My dates are 11/22-12/05

Thanks!

I had FP this morning no problemos. (Except I didn't get FOP at 60+3 - *** poop!)
Today went smoothly for me too! I'm so glad they worked out the kinks this week. Hopefully it holds up. The only FP I didn't get at the time I wanted was TSMM but I'm in full stalking mode and probably will be until day of. I was hoping to be done so I can actually focus on something else - like my job! :lmao:I got an evening FP but we may just ride without one in the morning. The extra walking to go back later in the day basically balances out with standing in line. We will just plan on getting there early for RD.

Thanks for all the weather insight!

This is the shirt I'm thinking for the Christmas party (we're doing O'hana for dinner beforehand). I'm leaning towards the t-shirt instead of the tank since we do plan for it to be a late night. I can always wear a sweater over if needed.
Now to just decide if the boys will wear the blue version, LOL!

View attachment 354609

I love those shirts!!
Where is everyone getting shirts from? I’ve looked on Etsy but I’m deciding what I want to do for the party.

I'm doing Etsy. I've already gone crazy. My favorite shop right now is bykystudios. I'm waiting for her to release some Christmas shirts. I've bought about 4 shirts from her already.

I also like happilyevertees.com and ohyeahapparel.com that I found on Instagram.

Any November veterans out there who can provide insight into expanded hours over Thanksgiving week? We had set our park days and dining ADRs back when we had estimated hours for our only AK day as 8am to 10 pm. That is for Saturday, Nov. 24. Our prelim Touring Plan is set, but we knew it would be tough to get FoP fast pass so early in our trip. So, for now, the plan is to rope drop it for the 3 of us who are riding it during EMH, and to get there early, while the rest of our crew joins us for the rest of our day. We are willing to do FoP at the end of the day, after RoL and going back to Pandora for the bioluminescence, so even a late fast pass would be fine for FoP. My thought is that since it is Thanksgiving week, hopefully, Disney extends AK for another hour or two that night to accommodate the crowds, and then if they do, that would in theory open up another hour or two of fastpasses slots. So, if they do so, does anyone know historically when the hours extension is announced, and then when additional fastpasses for these later hours would become available for booking?

Thanks!

Haha! My boyfriend is also a chef and trying to get him on board with any reservations is like pulling teeth!

Out of our 12 days, I made only 2 ADRs (Sci Fi and CRT) so he could "go with the flow" and not complain about how I've scheduled him to death!
He spent a lot of his childhood in Florida and seems to think things at WDW are just like they were in the late 80's-early 90s. SMH

So yeah. I totally understand dealing with a hard-to-please chef. :sad2:

Thinking that WDW was the same as my 90's glory days was what got me in trouble when I finally returned in 2015. Culture shock! But I recovered and killed it in 2017.
2018 is only 5 days, but at least I know what to do with those five days. He should really read these posts, lol.

Any November veterans out there who can provide insight into expanded hours over Thanksgiving week? We had set our park days and dining ADRs back when we had estimated hours for our only AK day as 8am to 10 pm. That is for Saturday, Nov. 24. Our prelim Touring Plan is set, but we knew it would be tough to get FoP fast pass so early in our trip. So, for now, the plan is to rope drop it for the 3 of us who are riding it during EMH, and to get there early, while the rest of our crew joins us for the rest of our day. We are willing to do FoP at the end of the day, after RoL and going back to Pandora for the bioluminescence, so even a late fast pass would be fine for FoP. My thought is that since it is Thanksgiving week, hopefully, Disney extends AK for another hour or two that night to accommodate the crowds, and then if they do, that would in theory open up another hour or two of fastpasses slots. So, if they do so, does anyone know historically when the hours extension is announced, and then when additional fastpasses for these later hours would become available for booking?

Thanks!

Have you checked past years hours? If you google, you can find sites that have them from years past. The past few months they have updated the hours for the next month around the 15th of the month. Always on a Friday. Hopefully, we will see and update of hours on Oct. 12. I know I am wondering about hours for my trip.

The past few months they have updated the hours for the next month around the 15th of the month. Always on a Friday. Hopefully, we will see and update of hours on Oct. 12. I know I am wondering about hours for my trip.

Thanks for that info! I'm anxiously awaiting updated hours for my dates so I can update my touring plans (mostly hoping for MK to open early!). I made my initial touring plans before official hours were released so they went off last year's hours. I've got several plans with 8AM openings that I've been super careful not to update so the touring plan doesn't get switched to a 9AM opening!

Thanks!
I looked at Kenny the Pirate’s nov/dec 2017 calendars to see the actual extended park times and extra magic hours. I don’t know how accurate it will be for all parks this year though because Disney added Early Morning Magic to HS and MK on several days they didn’t offer it last year, but I would assume the AK days will be the same.

Hello - we’ll be staying at CSR 11/26-12/1 and we’re planning on going to Magic Kingdom Wednesday, Nov 28th because hours are 9a-11p. Is it really that bad to go to a park on an EMH day? We have a three and 1 year old so I thought the longer hours may help with naps during the day and whatnot. Kenny The Pirate’s prediction shows red for MK that day, but it’s the week after Thanksgiving so I hear it’s low crowd time. We do not have park hoppers, by the way. Thx!

Hello - we’ll be staying at CSR 11/26-12/1 and we’re planning on going to Magic Kingdom Wednesday, Nov 28th because hours are 9a-11p. Is it really that bad to go to a park on an EMH day? We have a three and 1 year old so I thought the longer hours may help with naps during the day and whatnot. Kenny The Pirate’s prediction shows red for MK that day, but it’s the week after Thanksgiving so I hear it’s low crowd time. We do not have park hoppers, by the way. Thx!
I don't think it will be a problem. If you go in the morning and leave mid day and go back in the evening you will miss the big crowds midday. We will be there the same time and plan on going that day but in the evening to watch HEA. Those are the only days to see it because all the rest are party days. I think it will be crowded but if you go in knowing that and have a good plan you should be fine. KtP also has that as a low crowd day so it being the worst park is relative. TP's has it listed as a 4. I hope that helps. Enjoy your trip.

Sorry to hear this. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Went through finally... it's a DVC reservation, so I'm not too concerned. Just makes it easier if we can go straight to our room. We're arriving around 7pm and I want to dump our stuff fast and head straight to Epcot for a hour or so to catch Illuminations.

Ah! Got our CRT dinner through touring plans. I had missed 2 notifications and there was only one day it would work for us and only dinner - so I was trying to convince myself I didn’t care and my girls wouldn’t care either. But I’m so happy I got it!

I’ve gone to MK on PM EMH days because I like being in MK when it’s almost empty at midnight or 1am. If you don’t plan on staying that late, than I wouldn’t recommend EMH days to anyone. This August seemed more crowded than past EMH (possibly because EMH is open to more resorts), but I’m still planning my main MK day in November on a day with EMH. If I plan well that day, I don’t think I’ve waited in a line longer than 30 minutes and only ever waited in those maybe a couple of times a trip.

I’ve gone to MK on PM EMH days because I like being in MK when it’s almost empty at midnight or 1am. If you don’t plan on staying that late, than I wouldn’t recommend EMH days to anyone. This August seemed more crowded than past EMH (possibly because EMH is open to more resorts), but I’m still planning my main MK day in November on a day with EMH. If I plan well that day, I don’t think I’ve waited in a line longer than 30 minutes and only ever waited in those maybe a couple of times a trip.

With a three and year old in tow, I highly doubt we’d make it close to the EMH from 9p-11p. But the day before, MK closes at 6:00p sonyhat seems awfully early...

POFQ 11/3-11/8 Just made our final payment. Now is the hard part, just sit and wait. Oh, and unpack and repack my suitcase multiple times. :rolleyes1

mickeyv722 11/3-11/7 (POP)

We'll be there too, Nov 16-22. Starting off at All Star Movies and finishing up at AKL Villas - Jambo. The switch to AKL is a surprise for husband and kids, first deluxe, celebrating hubs bday, AND AKL has been his #1 bucket list WDW resort. Glad to be able to share the secret here! :)

My first trip to wdw and my best friend 30th birthday trip are November 13-17. We are staying at allstar music with my hubby and another friend.
@Newsies

Welcome to the Roll Call!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter