OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

Wow! 14th!! That's impressive!!! This is our first, and definitely not our last. Any tips/recommendations?

Just enjoy. This is a chance to try things you have not tried or maybe even heard of before. We like the ticketed events, but just relax and enjoy.

Just enjoy. This is a chance to try things you have not tried or maybe even heard of before. We like the ticketed events, but just relax and enjoy.

That's my plan!! I got to go last year for just half a day but I had my niece with me who doesn't like to eat anything new so we ended up in electric umbrella getting chicken tenders , oh the horror! This year it will be me, dh, and both of my dd's who will try anything once and we have two whole days at Epcot! Sooo looking forward to it!

That's my plan!! I got to go last year for just half a day but I had my niece with me who doesn't like to eat anything new so we ended up in electric umbrella getting chicken tenders , oh the horror! This year it will be me, dh, and both of my dd's who will try anything once and we have two whole days at Epcot! Sooo looking forward to it!

That sounds like more fun. I would recommend you look at the foods, they are listed someplace, and decide on some things to try. Not a strict list but just a guide. You can always try somethings you see that looks good. DW and I get different things and share. Well except for a few things.

ruthies12, we have been to the Food & Wine Festival many times and have always enjoyed the food & drink offerings that are set-up as Kiosks all around the lake. We find that it takes 1-1/2 days to really enjoy Epcot and intend to "budget" the same amount of time this year.

Arriving our happy place 10/1, requested 1700. Departing 10/18. Thanks, everyone for all the updates following Irma.

All right- today I went thru every post on this thread, and I believe we have 36 names so far arriving in October! I will update the first post- on page one of this thread- with each family and their arrival dates and departure dates- also the type of site or loop they've requested if we have that. It will be later tomorrow before I post it, because I'm going to try to list them all in the correct order. (those arriving on the 1st will be listed first, and so on) I can't believe how many of us there are- it's just awesome! Now I REALLY hope we can make contact with each other down there! I will have our big green DIS sign up with serenitygr on it- hopefully others will also have a sign! 3 more days to get ready here in Minnesota, and we will be on our way!!!!
:cheer2::banana::cool1::cheer2::banana::cool1::cheer2::banana::cool1::dancer::dancer::dancer::cool1::cheer2::banana::cool1::cheer2::banana::cool1::cheer2::banana::cool1::cheer2::banana::dancer::dancer:

Last edited:

Today's countdown movie is Mulan, making origami animals and eating Chinese food for dinner.

20170922_114234-1512x2016.jpg

All right- today I went thru every post on this thread, and I believe we have 36 names so far arriving in October! I will update the first post- on page one of this thread- with each family and their arrival dates and departure dates- also the type of site or loop they've requested if we have that. It will be later tomorrow before I post it, because I'm going to try to list them all in the correct order. (those arriving on the 1st will be listed first, and so on) I can't believe how many of us there are- it's just awesome! Now I REALLY hope we can make contact with each other down there! I will have our big green DIS sign up with serenitygr on it- hopefully others will also have a sign! 3 more days to get ready here in Minnesota, and we will be on our way!!!!
:cheer2::banana::cool1::cheer2::banana::cool1::cheer2::banana::cool1::dancer::dancer::dancer::cool1::cheer2::banana::cool1::cheer2::banana::cool1::cheer2::banana::cool1::cheer2::banana::dancer::dancer:

Awesome! Thank you so much for getting the list together for us. I don't have a sign to put up, but I would love to get one. I am going to look at the link that 2goofy campers posted and see if I can get us one!

Are you and your family still going to Epcot on the 11th?

That sounds like more fun. I would recommend you look at the foods, they are listed someplace, and decide on some things to try. Not a strict list but just a guide. You can always try somethings you see that looks good. DW and I get different things and share. Well except for a few things.

We have been looking at pictures of all the different booths and offerings for weeks. There are a couple of mixed drinks we want to try, as well as some different dishes (cheese soup!). We have decided to split almost everything we get just to make sure we don't overdo it!

ruthies12, we have been to the Food & Wine Festival many times and have always enjoyed the food & drink offerings that are set-up as Kiosks all around the lake. We find that it takes 1-1/2 days to really enjoy Epcot and intend to "budget" the same amount of time this year.

We only have 1 day unfortunately, but it is mid-week, so we are keeping our fingers crossed that it isn't too crowded and that we don't fill up too quickly!

All right everyone- we officially have a list! THIRTY SIX of us so far!!! How awesome is that?? Please- if I've made any mistakes- let me know and I'll fix them. We're in the midst of getting our camper ready- kids have all their clothes in- we've got about 80% of our food for the trip down loaded- all our Halloween decorations are packed- my mom and brothers things are all loaded into storage for when they meet us down there- the truck is about 80 % ready- the lawn is mowed- reservations and fast passes all done! WHEW! Tomorrow Joe and I will get our clothes loaded up, and Monday I get to go in and get "Disney nails"! Then hopefully we'll get a good nights sleep Monday night, and plan to be heading out Tuesday morning about 10am! I'll post an update once we are on the road!

All right everyone- we officially have a list! THIRTY SIX of us so far!!! How awesome is that?? Please- if I've made any mistakes- let me know and I'll fix them. We're in the midst of getting our camper ready- kids have all their clothes in- we've got about 80% of our food for the trip down loaded- all our Halloween decorations are packed- my mom and brothers things are all loaded into storage for when they meet us down there- the truck is about 80 % ready- the lawn is mowed- reservations and fast passes all done! WHEW! Tomorrow Joe and I will get our clothes loaded up, and Monday I get to go in and get "Disney nails"! Then hopefully we'll get a good nights sleep Monday night, and plan to be heading out Tuesday morning about 10am! I'll post an update once we are on the road!

Safe travels. We will follow along your trip reports, giving us our Disney fix until our trip mid February.

Hello it looks like you missed us we will be at the fort from oct. 26 threw nov. 5 premium site

Thanks Ryan

Frozenone16- yes we are still planning on being there the 11th, not sure what time though. We originally were going to rope drop soarin but now that ak doesn't close until 9 on the 10th I'm thinking of trying to get in line for fop at closing.

Today's countdown movie is Cinderella, we are leaving soon to spend the afternoon at a pumpkin patch where we will pick up 2 small pumpkins to decorate with these kits. We will then bring the pumpkins to decorate our campsite with.

20170922_114253-1512x2016.jpg

Frozenone16- yes we are still planning on being there the 11th, not sure what time though. We originally were going to rope drop soarin but now that ak doesn't close until 9 on the 10th I'm thinking of trying to get in line for fop at closing.

Gotcha! My husband wants to use transportation so we can indulge in the alcohol. I totally understand and agree...I am now just between the boat and 2 monorails, or just a bus. Any thoughts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter