***Official October 2022 Thread**

DH just found out he is to go to a convention at DW. We will be at the Contemporary Oct 24 to 28. First time at the Contemporary and first time without kids in 20+ years.

Hi there. We are booked for 1-8 october. Staying off property at Buena Vista. It is our second trip to WDW. It's me and my boys. No car. We will use lyft or uber. I'm all anxious about ADRs for storybook dining as they are so difficult to get staying off property. Is this the official october thread or you have started a new one? Hope meeting some of you during my trip.

So on this trip you're doing WDW and Universal Halloween Horror night. Are you also going to do MNSSHP?

We all just got covid on our trip that ended last Monday, so...

October 20-23 at BWI. We didn't get to go to Epcot or Springs at all, and our H2O Glow night tickets were refunded. Hoping Fantasmic is back!

It was mentioned earlier, but a bunch of the resorts have no rooms at all. I looked at DVC as well, and there are one night stays here and there, but that's it.

We all just got covid on our trip that ended last Monday, so...

October 20-23 at BWI. We didn't get to go to Epcot or Springs at all, and our H2O Glow night tickets were refunded. Hoping Fantasmic is back!

It was mentioned earlier, but a bunch of the resorts have no rooms at all. I looked at DVC as well, and there are one night stays here and there, but that's it.
I'm so sorry. Hope you all feel better quickly. We all caught Covid on our July trip. Hoping we will be able to escape it in October.

Our family of 4 adults, 2 teens, and 2 children are booked for Oct. 23-30. Staying off site in a 5 BR house like we did 8 years ago. We have 2 days at MK, 2 days at HS, 1 day at Epcot, 1 day at AK, 1 day at Universal Studios, and 1 day at Islands of Adventure. We also have tickets for MNSSHP on the 23rd (MK day), and HHN on the 26th with Express passes (US day).

I'm so sorry. Hope you all feel better quickly. We all caught Covid on our July trip. Hoping we will be able to escape it in October.
Thanks. We're pretty much done with it. The girls are fine, and the wife and I just have some congestion left over.

Me! My ADR date was this past Saturday and I was up at 4:40am CST to be ready. Initially I wasn't able to book anything- I was probably too early- but right at 5am I was able to start. I got most of what I wanted but I forgot about Space 200. I'll keep looking to see if it pops up. I don't have a solid plan yet for the parks other than MNSSHP on the 27th and Epcot on the 28th, so I was just grabbing places I wanted and will work around that.

Now I'm working on airfare- why is it so annoying- prices change all day long.
We're going to the party on the 27th as well!!! Our plane tickets have changed 4 times now, I've never had a single flight change before, and am really hoping there aren't any more changes.

We're going to the party on the 27th as well!!! Our plane tickets have changed 4 times now, I've never had a single flight change before, and am really hoping there aren't any more changes.
We are doing the October 27 party as well! So excited!

We are doing the October 27 party as well! So excited!

Awesome! I'm super excited to be going. I'm glad I got our tickets when I did- it looks like the date sold out a few days later. Are you doing a park earlier in the day, or just the party? Are you wearing costumes?

We're going to have a resort morning and then head to Steakhouse 71 for late lunch. We will probably walk over to MK from there, probably be at the front for 330ish.

I got some cute Mickey and Friend's Halloween leggings on Etsy. The print is busy so I'll pair with a plain purple or black tee. My 5yo is going to be witchy Minnie minus the hat she didn't want the hat, and my 7yo who just last week proclaimed costumes are silly (we went to Spirit and I think he was a little nervous so he said that to get out of the store quicker) is going to wear a Jack Skellington shirt and have Zero on a leash (the one on the Disney store website). Neither of them know we are even going yet, they think we are doing the neighborhood trunk-a-treat like usual. I'm waiting for the Disney store box to arrive with a few other little treats in it before I tell them.

As for the party time itself we will probably do some trick or treating, and definitely rides and fireworks, maybe one of the parades, and probably the Disney Junior dance party. My kids aren't much into meeting the characters and as much as I'd like to see Eeyore looking all sad in his clown nose I won't make them wait in line with me. I'd like try some of the party exclusive snacks and I definitely need a Zero popcorn bucket. I think we will stay til the end even though the kids will probably fall asleep.

I got super annoyed with SW while booking our flights. This is probably common knowledge but I never realized they only sell a certain number of tickets at certain prices so when I would do a quick search with only 1 passenger I would get one price but then I'd go to book with 6 and I wasn't able to. That's me being no so bright. So now I have several reservations with several different prices. I paid a bit more for the return flight than I was wanting to pay but on that one it was more about the timing. I saw the price dropped for one of the flights today so I was able to get $27 credit today for one person. The agent said to keep checking and I can make changes up to 10 mins prior to departure. Sometimes trying to save a few bucks is exhausting imo.

Awesome! I'm super excited to be going. I'm glad I got our tickets when I did- it looks like the date sold out a few days later. Are you doing a park earlier in the day, or just the party? Are you wearing costumes?

We're going to have a resort morning and then head to Steakhouse 71 for late lunch. We will probably walk over to MK from there, probably be at the front for 330ish.

I got some cute Mickey and Friend's Halloween leggings on Etsy. The print is busy so I'll pair with a plain purple or black tee. My 5yo is going to be witchy Minnie minus the hat she didn't want the hat, and my 7yo who just last week proclaimed costumes are silly (we went to Spirit and I think he was a little nervous so he said that to get out of the store quicker) is going to wear a Jack Skellington shirt and have Zero on a leash (the one on the Disney store website). Neither of them know we are even going yet, they think we are doing the neighborhood trunk-a-treat like usual. I'm waiting for the Disney store box to arrive with a few other little treats in it before I tell them.

As for the party time itself we will probably do some trick or treating, and definitely rides and fireworks, maybe one of the parades, and probably the Disney Junior dance party. My kids aren't much into meeting the characters and as much as I'd like to see Eeyore looking all sad in his clown nose I won't make them wait in line with me. I'd like try some of the party exclusive snacks and I definitely need a Zero popcorn bucket. I think we will stay til the end even though the kids will probably fall asleep.

I got super annoyed with SW while booking our flights. This is probably common knowledge but I never realized they only sell a certain number of tickets at certain prices so when I would do a quick search with only 1 passenger I would get one price but then I'd go to book with 6 and I wasn't able to. That's me being no so bright. So now I have several reservations with several different prices. I paid a bit more for the return flight than I was wanting to pay but on that one it was more about the timing. I saw the price dropped for one of the flights today so I was able to get $27 credit today for one person. The agent said to keep checking and I can make changes up to 10 mins prior to departure. Sometimes trying to save a few bucks is exhausting imo.
We have a park ticket for the day as well so we will probably head to Maguc Kingdom sometime in the early afternoon to hit some rides before the party starts. We have never been to Disney this time of year before so decided to do two parties. We will be at the Tuesday one as well.

We have a park ticket for the day as well so we will probably head to Maguc Kingdom sometime in the early afternoon to hit some rides before the party starts. We have never been to Disney this time of year before so decided to do two parties. We will be at the Tuesday one as well.
I accidentally posted my last reply before I was finished 😂. We wanted to do two parties so at one, we could concentrate on doing the Hocus Pocus show, Fireworks and Parade, as well as meet Jack, Sally and Halloween Mickey. We will then spend the next party doing rides and meeting a few more characters (priority being Pooh and Friends) and do some trick or treating. I really want the Zero popcorn bucket and the party ornament. I have a Sally dress and headband to wear one of the evenings and a Disney Halloween tee and the Halloween ears to wear the other evening. Hubby has a Jack Skellington tee for one party. Not sure what he is wearing for the other yet.

October is just around the corner and the October trips are about to begin - but this thread is really quiet. Where is everybody?

:magnify:

Our trip is Oct 23rd to 27th and for some reason, our flight to MCO from Chicago-Midway has stayed really high the entire time I have been searching for flights. What is going on that day, Sunday Oct 23rd, that would make flights so costly?

October is just around the corner and the October trips are about to begin - but this thread is really quiet. Where is everybody?

:magnify:

Our trip is Oct 23rd to 27th and for some reason, our flight to MCO from Chicago-Midway has stayed really high the entire time I have been searching for flights. What is going on that day, Sunday Oct 23rd, that would make flights so costly?
Im a really quick October 16-18, im ready! We have some fun stuff planned, including Keys to the Kingdom!

I know our school district is closed October 24th for Diwali but I don’t think most districts are closed so I doubt that’s what your flights are high…

I know our school district is closed October 24th for Diwali but I don’t think most districts are closed so I doubt that’s what your flights are high…
I think that Diwali is a good possibility. We have been using Southwest for just about all of our flights to everywhere, since we live so close to Midway, and this is the first time we have ever encountered prices like this for a purchase made months ahead of time.

Thanks. :)

Im a really quick October 16-18, im ready! We have some fun stuff planned, including Keys to the Kingdom!

Nice, we'll be there 15-18, but getting in so late, might as well be the 16th 🤣

Never got around to posting here but we’ll be coming over from the UK again from the 23rd October - 13th November and will be staying offsite at our timeshare at Sheraton Vistana Villages.

We’re very much Disney/Universal etc veterans but going to Orlando at this time of year is a first for us as we normally go end of June/beginning of July and so we’re very excited to be doing some new stuff this year and experiencing a different Orlando climate for once instead of hotter than the sun! lol

Atm we’re doing HHN on 26th Oct with a public RIP tour booked and will be staying over at Hard Rock Hotel for that night, MNSSHP on 28th Oct with the fireworks dessert party booked for prime fireworks viewing at the party and then we’re doing Howl-O-Scream over at SeaWorld on 29th Oct and will just be doing MK in the day on Halloween itself and then hopping over to Epcot for F&W and Hanson so we’ll defo be Halloween’ed out that first week! Haha

And since we’re still there when the first Christmas parties start we got tickets for the one on the 10th Nov so that we can get the full experience of what the parks are like this time of year as it’s unlikely we’ll be going in the fall again.

There’s still a few dining reservations that we need and are stalking daily and so I’m hoping people start cancelling the ones their hoarding soon because it’s annoying having to check every day and having to keep signing up to dining alert sites but other than that we’re pretty much set.

We’re just still trying to figure out what the temperatures and weather are going to be like at the end of October for packing purposes since this is all new to us but if anyone has an extra advice for October/November newbies I’d greatly appreciate it!

We’re just still trying to figure out what the temperatures and weather are going to be like at the end of October for packing purposes since this is all new to us but if anyone has an extra advice for October/November newbies I’d greatly appreciate it!
The weather is usually less hot and humid than earlier in the month, but you still need to be prepared for the possibility of rain. We have had weather that was cool enough for a light jacket and hot enough for shorts, all in the same week. :) The safest thing to do is to pack layers, with something warm to wear at night when (if) the temperatures drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter