***Official September 2020 Thread***

I am still excited. I think it will be fun without the huge crowds even with the headaches.

As soon as I posted this my sister who I plan my trips with called and said she might cancel which means I'll cancel. BUT I convinced her NOT to cancel just yet. It might be okay and get better by September.

The good news is we should know in advance right? with the new res system?
Unlike just worrying about it getting to capacity like it does on a holiday, you'd know if you weren't able to get a gate reservation before you got out there so you could cancel or move your trip right?
(We have tickets booked for our September dates, and an offsite hotel, so I'd definitely assume I won't get the option to make reservation until onsite guests and passholders get a shot, which i think is fair).

I haven't purchased park tickets yet since I'm unsure if I will be going. Grrr... this is definitely not an easy decision to make!

Sounds like those of us that have a free dining package will be getting our entire package cancelled? I was hoping they would at least just take the ddp off and keep our reservation so we could decide what to do. But this wording makes it sound like they will just straight up cancel and we will have to deal with rebooking?

“Guest who booked resort hotel reservations with a free dining package for dates between May 28 2020 and September 26, 2021 will receive an automatic cancellation of their Disney dining plan and are invited to rebook their vacation for a later date with a 35% room discount.”

I didn’t see this. I have FD not part of a rebook but part of one of their other FD promos last year (my trip is 9/8-9/12 just inside the FD window). Do you think I can rebook? Who has officially gotten this offer???

so what happens if you have a resort Reservation with a dining plan added on? are they going to cancel my entire reservation or just the dining plan part?

I’ve already had to cancel our April/May trip if my Sept trip is canceled by Disney as well I think I’m done.

Sounds like those of us that have a free dining package will be getting our entire package cancelled? I was hoping they would at least just take the ddp off and keep our reservation so we could decide what to do. But this wording makes it sound like they will just straight up cancel and we will have to deal with rebooking?

“Guest who booked resort hotel reservations with a free dining package for dates between May 28 2020 and September 26, 2021 will receive an automatic cancellation of their Disney dining plan and are invited to rebook their vacation for a later date with a 35% room discount.”
This is kind of how I read it too or at least you wouldn’t get the 35% discount unless you rebooked.

I’m confused. Do you think all FD reservations will be canceled or only those that were From the CoVid cancel and rebook??? Will everyone be offered a 35% room discount or only those who were displaced because of closures?

Well I am 99.99% sure we will be dropping this trip. We have free dining from a bounceback (due to a mistake that they are aware of we got the full dining plan free even with staying at a value so it was a really good deal). We love our TS meals and if we were to still go that is a lot of money that was not in the budget. Also reading on another thread that the bad news is not all done yet. There is more to come. DH is so mad right now that he never wants to go back but I think I can get him there next year. I hope anyway and I hope next September will be back to what we are used to.

Well I am 99.99% sure we will be dropping this trip. We have free dining from a bounceback (due to a mistake that they are aware of we got the full dining plan free even with staying at a value so it was a really good deal). We love our TS meals and if we were to still go that is a lot of money that was not in the budget. Also reading on another thread that the bad news is not all done yet. There is more to come. DH is so mad right now that he never wants to go back but I think I can get him there next year. I hope anyway and I hope next September will be back to what we are used to.
What is the “bad news is not all done”? Any color would be great.

This is the problem with rumor and speculation, one person gives their interpretation and everyone else takes it as the official position.

That policy does not say all reservations w a dining plan will be cancelled - it says they will cancel the dining plan portion. Note it also does not say they’ll refund you for that portion, hence I believe the 35% discount for a future booking - they’re keeping your money for now and using it to give you a discount next time.

So many unforced errors. SO MANY.

has anyone been offered the 35% or is it just something that may happen? I was going to call and change mine today but it says you can book or modify reservations so I guess I'm stuck for now.

Last edited:
We didn’t think our trip was going to happen, but this is the nail in the coffin. I’m bummed.

We were still cautiously optimistic, but now we're going to have to reschedule or cancel based on the advice of our agent. Wife is heartbroken, and I'm more mad than anything (though, I 100% get why Disney is going with this route). Now comes the hard part: do we try to reschedule for 2021 for DD's first trip or get the refund. We were also planning on trying for another kid after this trip, which is now further complicating things. Not a good day for us :(

We were still cautiously optimistic, but now we're going to have to reschedule or cancel based on the advice of our agent. Wife is heartbroken, and I'm more mad than anything (though, I 100% get why Disney is going with this route). Now comes the hard part: do we try to reschedule for 2021 for DD's first trip or get the refund. We were also planning on trying for another kid after this trip, which is now further complicating things. Not a good day for us :(
Why did your agent suggest rescheduling rather than just working through these changes?

My disney experience hasn't changed yet and I haven't received an email. At this point a refund and future discount would out an end to this for now

Our ADR's are still showing and our rooms. If we have to re-book our dining, no biggie for us. We are still in with no discount of any kind. I was hoping for a fall discount to come out this summer and then COVID hit. We are on property, as always, so I'm not scared of loosing my room and park access.

Shanghai Disney has already made modifications from when they opened so I have hope WDW will too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter