***Official September 2022 Thread***

I'm on the fence about Genie+ for September. If crowd levels are as low as they should be that time of year then maybe it would be better to just get by with ILL if needed and then decide based on the park/day if I want it. I also want to see it more in practice based on other people's experience and my own in January.

Question for the week of Friday November 5th through Thursday November 11th
What Extras do you plan to add to your September Disney Trip? For example Dessert party, Genie plus, Preferred room upgrades, Halloween party, etc. Share your extras with our group.

We are considering:
Disney Genie Plus for certain days depending on projected crowd levels
Fireworks Dessert Part in MK ---We have done before and really like this. We did the Tomorrowland Terrace Seating a couple of years ago
BBB for a 6 year old (Have done before and she loved it)
Halloween Party
Park Hopper (Have already added this one)
For myself One Pina Colada at Ohanas (Lol)

Which Dessert Party are you thinking of this time @jamieluvsdisney? We haven't done one but I do love fireworks and am always a fan when I can reserve a spot somehow - like with the Candlelight Processional dining packages. But I'm not sure the dessert party would be worth it? Decisions, decisions...

Which Dessert Party are you thinking of this time @jamieluvsdisney? We haven't done one but I do love fireworks and am always a fan when I can reserve a spot somehow - like with the Candlelight Processional dining packages. But I'm not sure the dessert party would be worth it? Decisions, decisions...

There's a big thread about the dessert parties that I had been watching and commenting on for a while trying to get an idea of it being worth it for my January trip. There's a lot of yeah its good, no its terrible and people say its hit or miss. Some say the late party is better because of your seats, but worse for the food. Some say days where there's only an early party is better. Honestly I don't know what to think. I did end up reading though that for me it probably won't be the best choice because you can't book it as a solo traveler, you have to book (and pay) for two people and then call back and cancel the second person. Not worth the hassle. I'd rather go early, find a spot and get my own dessert.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/can-we-talk-dessert-party.3855046/

There's a big thread about the dessert parties that I had been watching and commenting on for a while trying to get an idea of it being worth it for my January trip. There's a lot of yeah its good, no its terrible and people say its hit or miss. Some say the late party is better because of your seats, but worse for the food. Some say days where there's only an early party is better. Honestly I don't know what to think. I did end up reading though that for me it probably won't be the best choice because you can't book it as a solo traveler, you have to book (and pay) for two people and then call back and cancel the second person. Not worth the hassle. I'd rather go early, find a spot and get my own dessert.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/can-we-talk-dessert-party.3855046/

Oh that's dumb and frustrating!! I should check out that thread!

@PixieT78 the fireworks party we have been to before and and considering has been renamed this year to Disney Enchanment: Treats and Seats. It on the Tomorrowland Terrace at that restaurant with an up front view of the castle (close up this is our opinion). We have been to this fireworks party 2 times in the past and had a table to sit at and a buffet type area of sweets, wine, and some appetizer type foods for example eggrolls etc. I have not researched the menu yet for this coming year. Our experience was great as there were only probably 60 people ( that is a guess). Food good also. No crowds and seating is just for those who attend. I have heard bad reviews in the past but luckily ours was very good. This year the price is 114.00 per person Children 69.00. We did not pay that much before. I think it was about 70.00 back in 2018.

We are a September family, we were there early September for my birthday and we will be there in September 2022, for my birthday again… which is really unplanned, it just happens to be the dates that work best for us!
Our reservation is for Sep 7-14 at All-Star Movies
Welcome to our Group TioAdis78!!! :mickeyjum Congratulations on your upcoming trip! We all love September Disney trips!! So nice to celebrate your birthday at Disney even though unplanned. I know it will be a birthday with great memories. :) I have added you to our roll call countdown and look forward to planning with you here!!!!

Oh that's dumb and frustrating!! I should check out that thread!

Very frustrating. Thinking instead now that I'll do the Harmonious dining package at the Rose and Crown instead. You get your whole dinner during the show out on the patio, plus beverages, for less money than any of the MK Firework Dessert Parties. Plus I've heard better things about Harmonious than I have the new MK fireworks show.

Very frustrating. Thinking instead now that I'll do the Harmonious dining package at the Rose and Crown instead. You get your whole dinner during the show out on the patio, plus beverages, for less money than any of the MK Firework Dessert Parties. Plus I've heard better things about Harmonious than I have the new MK fireworks show.
@DaniellePoppins That is frustrating! I am going to check out the Harmonious dining package at the Rose and Crown for my family. Thanks for the info. That could be a good option since Harmonious is getting such good reviews.

I think this might be more up our alley too. Tough decision! (I won’t do both, I won’t do both 😁)

Welcome to our Group TioAdis78!!! :mickeyjum Congratulations on your upcoming trip! We all love September Disney trips!! So nice to celebrate your birthday at Disney even though unplanned. I know it will be a birthday with great memories. :) I have added you to our roll call countdown and look forward to planning with you here!!!!
Thanks! I fear I might get spoiled and want to celebrate all my birthdays at the parks from now on!

Question for the week of Friday November 12th through Thursday November 18th
You have been offered the chance to spend 1 night alone at any Disney World Park - Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom. All restaurants, rides, attractions, and shows are open Just for You. Which Park would you choose and what would you do for that 1 special night ??? :smickey:

You have been offered the chance to spend 1 night alone at any Disney World Park - Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom. All restaurants, rides, attractions, and shows are open Just for You. Which Park would you choose and what would you do for that 1 special night ??? :smickey:

I think I would choose Magic Kingdom to hang out in Club 33 for dinner, tour the apartments on Main Street and sleep in the castle. Naturally walk-on for every ride. I had the opportunity to do the AP preview for MK reopening last year so my DD and I basically had the rides to ourselves so that is less a priority as it relates to this question/opportunity. I would hate it to be just me and would love to share it with my family, but I would suffer through it just fine. :rotfl2:

Hey there, we are going September 3-11, staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Very excited. September is my fav time of the year to visit Disney.

As for the question of the week... I would pick Hollywood Studios. There are so many fun new rides that I would like to enjoy with no wait times. I love that park so much.
I would eat at Brown Derby.. have a drink at the Baseline Tap House and the Cantina. Build a droid.

Hey there, we are going September 3-11, staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Very excited. September is my fav time of the year to visit Disney.

As for the question of the week... I would pick Hollywood Studios. There are so many fun new rides that I would like to enjoy with no wait times. I love that park so much.
I would eat at Brown Derby.. have a drink at the Baseline Tap House and the Cantina. Build a droid.
Hi igrsod!!!! :welcome: We have a Great Group here who love September too, and we are glad you have joined us in planning and sharing our trips. I think we are all excited Disney fans here too! It is so much fun counting down for a Disney trip but work also to get everything planned. Animal Kingdom Lodge sounds like so much fun and I hope to be able to stay there one day. I have added you to our roll call countdown of dates and resorts.:tigger: Also, sounds like a great Hollywood Studios night!!!!

Last edited:

I think I would have to pick DHS because it has the most rides that I haven’t ridden. I have yet to see GE, never mind MMRR. I love SDD and TSMM is probably one of my favourite rides. Throw in some RNR and TOT and I’d be thrilled. Maybe a performance of Beauty and the Beast too just to have some down time :)

My head says DHS because I haven't been there in MANY years. Last trip I took I didn't visit the park. TSL and GE were under construction and TGMR was already closed. It wasn't worth even bothering to visit. So there's so much new to see and do there that it would make sense. BUT my Heart says MK. I would do every ride, even ones I don't like. And I'd probably skip a dinner in favor of all the different snacks. If I got anything I wanted out of this I'd have a buffet of the different snacks setup on the upper level of the train station where I'd enjoy them during fireworks. I'd also want a private tour of the castle and the room inside as well as a few behind the scenes ride tours.

You have been offered the chance to spend 1 night alone at any Disney World Park - Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom. All restaurants, rides, attractions, and shows are open Just for You. Which Park would you choose and what would you do for that 1 special night ???

I would choose Magic Kingdom and then walk slowly down Main Street taking in the site of The Castle with no one around.
I would ride everything and see all the shows.
Eat some snacks while going from each land.
I would ride the Haunted Mansion several times because I love to look at what is in each of the rooms during the ride especially the balcony where you look over and see the ghosts dancing.
Have a dinner in the castle.
Go to the Cinderella Castle Suite and stay for a relaxing break looking all around.
Watch the Fireworks.
Take lots of pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter