***Official September 2022 Thread***

I did it! Decided to just jump in with both feet! lol

Booked this morning at All Star Movies - September 9-15 - myself and my two daughters. 4 day park tickets and left a day free for, I hope, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! pirate:

So excited! :flower1:
Oh hsmamainva I am so happy for you!!!!!!! I was wondering about you last night when I was updating our list if you would book this weekend and you did jump in today. :mickeyjum We also want to do the Halloween Party as well as others that have joined our group, so that would be a nice future discussion here. I will add you to our Countdown List!!

I'm going to PQFQ September 24th-October 2nd :)

My first solo trip and I'm so excited!
Welcome Sparkly!!! Good for you!!! That sounds like so much fun and freedom to solo it and do what you want anytime. Have you ever stayed at POFQ? I love it. It is smaller, did not seem crowded at the dinning hall or the pool and buses. It is a favorite place for me. I will add you to our Countdown List. So glad you joined and I look forward to all of us planning here.:tigger:

Welcome Sparkly!!! Good for you!!! That sounds like so much fun and freedom to solo it and do what you want anytime. Have you ever stayed at POFQ? I love it. It is smaller, did not seem crowded at the dinning hall or the pool and buses. It is a favorite place for me. I will add you to our Countdown List. So glad you joined and I look forward to all of us planning here.:tigger:

I stayed at Riverside my last trip and loved it. French Quarter was slightly cheaper and it's a nice compact resort so I went for it. I like the boat to Disney Springs.

I'm going to PQFQ September 24th-October 2nd :)

My first solo trip and I'm so excited!

Solo trips are fantastic! I'm taking my second in January and then again in September. Its a lot easier to plan for one. You can do what you want when you want and rest when you need to. No worries about someone else's pace or if there's a picky eater in your group.

Welcome in nt31164!!!! So glad you are joining us. :wave: I think we have a Great group starting up here. This is so exciting. I am also looking forward to discussing our plans and can help each other out with opinions and questions. I also would love to stay at AOA. When we were on the skyliner in 2020 it stopped for about 15 minutes right over AOA so I got a good look around. 🤭 I think we were over LIttle Mermaid rooms. Which room type are you staying in? It sounds like your family will have a great time. I will add you to our Countdown List!!
Thank you for adding me! We will be staying in a Lion King Family Suite. My oldest, DS, will be 20 and he will be staying in a Little Mermaid room. My kids are DS 20, DD 19, DS 12, DD 9 and DS 8. I think if we stopped on the skyliner it would be my oldest 2 that would just flip out lol..it is constant talk with them of what if it stops! It is such a good thing for us to stay at a skyliner resort with such a large family and my mother might be coming this time so that will add another one. We do enjoy the over the top theming also. I do not however look forward to our flight though lol. I am not a huge fan of flying but it gets us there. Again, thank you for the add. We are already counting down the days. :)

*****To get our discussion and countdown going in these months left in 2021, how about a question each Friday to discuss and share experiences, thoughts and plans with each other. Lets give this a try!!!! :mickeyjum

Question for the week of Friday October 29, 2021 through November 4th

What are some of your favorite Quick Service Restaurants in Magic Kingdom and the foods you would recommend that our group might want to try at these Quick Service Restaurants on their trip in September? Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner

What are some of your favorite Quick Service Restaurants in Magic Kingdom and the foods you would recommend that our group might want to try at these Quick Service Restaurants on their trip in September? Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner

I have a tradition for each solo trip:

I always take the red eye from Los Angeles so I arrive at MCO around 7AM. After a stop at the resort to drop my luggage I always go to MK first and always get to Columbia Harbour House close to 11AM. No crowds at that time, easy to find a table on the second floor. While the quality of the food has declined in the last three years I would still recommend their clam chowder.

Welcome WDW Traveler!! :donald:
I have never stayed at Bay Lake Tower but my son and his girlfriend stayed there September 2020 and it was great for them. My husband and I have Bay Lake on our "stay list" to do in the future. Hope everything goes well in your booking on Saturday. Let us know how it goes. Can't wait for our group here to continue to share, plan and look forward to our September trips together. I will add you to our roll call list.

Rooms Booked!! We got our 2 bedroom at Bay Lake Our friends got their 1 bedroom Bay Lake. And our other friends got their 2 bedroom at their time share. Seems so much more real now that hotel it booked!

*****To get our discussion and countdown going in these months left in 2021, how about a question each Friday to discuss and share experiences, thoughts and plans with each other. Lets give this a try!!!! :mickeyjum

I love this idea to do questions!

I love a good hot dog, so even though its cliche, Casey's is always a stop for me. Not sure I have much to offer for breakfast ideas in quick service. I'm more likely to just have something back at the hotel and get in early to take advantage of rope drop. But if we're talking some mid-morning snacks to keep that energy going I love a float from Sunshine Tree Terrace.

Welcome everyone to our September 2022 planning thread. I know it will be the best and most magical trip for all of us, especially being Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary celebration. I will add trip dates and resorts, maintaining our lists for our September countdown. So lets start planning!!

When are you going in September 2022 and where are you staying?
View attachment 616242 Our Dates and Resorts :tink:View attachment 616243
September 3rd - 10th tinkerbelletreasure Windsor Hills
September 5th-15th jamieluvsdisney Polynesian
September 6th-16th StageTek Port Orleans French Quarters
September 7th - 12th DaniellePoppins Port Orleans French Quarters
September 9th - 15th hsmamainva All Star Movies
September 21st - 29th nt31164 Arts of Animation
September 23rd - 30th WDW Traveler Bay Lake Tower
September 24th - October 2nd Sparkly Port Orleans French Quarter
Welcome everyone to our September 2022 planning thread. I know it will be the best and most magical trip for all of us, especially being Walt Disney World's 50th Anniversary celebration. I will add trip dates and resorts, maintaining our lists for our September countdown. So lets start planning!!

When are you going in September 2022 and where are you staying?
View attachment 616242 Our Dates and Resorts :tink:View attachment 616243
September 3rd - 10th tinkerbelletreasure Windsor Hills
September 5th-15th jamieluvsdisney Polynesian
September 6th-16th StageTek Port Orleans French Quarters
September 7th - 12th DaniellePoppins Port Orleans French Quarters
September 9th - 15th hsmamainva All Star Movies
September 21st - 29th nt31164 Arts of Animation
September 23rd - 30th WDW Traveler Bay Lake Tower
September 24th - October 2nd Sparkly Port Orleans French Quarters
Hello

I would say: hop on the monorail from MK and go to Captain Cooks!

Pecos Bill’s is great! I love their rice bowls (think Chipotle). We also love the cheeseburger egg rolls at the cart in Adventureland. Friar’s Nook has yummy buffalo chicken tots.

Excited to try the new lunch & dinner menu at the Plaza! They now have a monte christo sandwich that looks great!

Last edited:
I have a tradition for each solo trip:

I always take the red eye from Los Angeles so I arrive at MCO around 7AM. After a stop at the resort to drop my luggage I always go to MK first and always get to Columbia Harbour House close to 11AM. No crowds at that time, easy to find a table on the second floor. While the quality of the food has declined in the last three years I would still recommend their clam chowder.
I love Disney Traditions (That has to be a future question of the Week!!!) Would love to try Columbia Harbour House as we have never been. Will put on our list as we love seafood.

Pecos Bill’s is great! I love their rice bowls (think Chipotle). We also love the cheeseburger egg rolls at the cart in Adventureland. Friar’s Nook has yummy buffalo chicken tots.

Excited to try the new lunch & dinner menu at the Plaza! They now have a monte christo sandwich that looks great!
Making me hungry hsmamainva!!! Love Pecos Bills Too:earsgirl:

So for me we love Pecos Bills and eat there at least once on our Disney Trips. Chicken Nachos and Southwest chicken salad are 2 of my favorites. I would also say a Chili Cheese Hotdog at Casey's Corner is also very good!! I agree with you DaniellePoppins ::MinnieMo Breakfast is usually at our resort before heading to the parks.

I love this idea to do questions!

I love a good hot dog, so even though its cliche, Casey's is always a stop for me. Not sure I have much to offer for breakfast ideas in quick service. I'm more likely to just have something back at the hotel and get in early to take advantage of rope drop. But if we're talking some mid-morning snacks to keep that energy going I love a float from Sunshine Tree Terrace.
I love their float too. is it not September yet???? lol

DaniellePoppins, StageTek, and Sparkly,
On my lunch time at work Thursday, I watched one of the live Disney streamers who was at POFQ for the opening. It looks so nice to be open again. The grounds were so beautiful and the POFQ music was playing. Brought back trip memories when the live streamer was walking around the resort. Lobby looked great. Just a few people walking around. Pool looked nice. It is a great resort.

Rooms Booked!! We got our 2 bedroom at Bay Lake Our friends got their 1 bedroom Bay Lake. And our other friends got their 2 bedroom at their time share. Seems so much more real now that hotel it booked!
Congratulations WDW Traveler!!!! :tigger: I know you, your friends, and your family are sooo excited. When its booked it changes the whole way you feel - it becomes so much more real for my family too. Bay Lake will be great ( love Chef Mickeys there) and the Countdown begins...........

DaniellePoppins, StageTek, and Sparkly,
On my lunch time at work Thursday, I watched one of the live Disney streamers who was at POFQ for the opening. It looks so nice to be open again. The grounds were so beautiful and the POFQ music was playing. Brought back trip memories when the live streamer was walking around the resort. Lobby looked great. Just a few people walking around. Pool looked nice. It is a great resort.

I can't wait to get back to FQ, especially in warmer weather this time so I can enjoy the pool. Also.... beignets! 😍. I will say though I'm also looking forward to my January trip and staying at POP. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the over stated themes at the Value resorts, although AOA does look REALLY cool, and the largeness of those resorts compared to FQ is daunting, but the convenience of the skyliner can't be overstated. I plan on doing a lot of late day hopping in September so that I can do some F&W booths and I have a feeling I'm going to miss that option.

I can't wait to get back to FQ, especially in warmer weather this time so I can enjoy the pool. Also.... beignets! 😍. I will say though I'm also looking forward to my January trip and staying at POP. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the over stated themes at the Value resorts, although AOA does look REALLY cool, and the largeness of those resorts compared to FQ is daunting, but the convenience of the skyliner can't be overstated. I plan on doing a lot of late day hopping in September so that I can do some F&W booths and I have a feeling I'm going to miss that option.
Great for a January trip, skyliner, and just being at Disney. We liked staying at POP one night before our 2020 stay at the Poly. Staff very friendly and helpful. You will have to give us a trip report (please :)).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter