***Official September 2022 Thread***

I’ve got about 5 hours to decide if we cancel our trip 9/25-9/29, such a short trip to get hammered by Ian for 2 days but we’re booked at the Contemporary on the Disney+ Deal and I honestly don’t think well ever get another chance to stay on the loop. Humbug. If the parks close will the restaurants (and please say bars) at the resorts stay open?
Years ago (Matthew? Irene? Can’t remember the name) they gave everyone carry out box lunches and bottled water and closed the restaurants during the dangerous part of the storm- they don’t want cast members driving to shifts or taking out trash or getting trapped away from their family etc. but they opened again as soon as it was safe and brought characters to the resorts and held extra fun activities. Tough choices, especially for such a short trip… I’m sorry this is happening for you.

I'm heeeeerrreeeeeee, just checked into PQFQ. Absolutely shattered, flew into Terminal C and the bag carousel stopped working twice, so it took an hour to get my bags. Then it took ages to find Mears Connect (They DO operate from Terminal C! I didn't know this and was trying to find the APM to Terminal A and B and getting so lost!) and ages to get a van to my resort. Landed at 2:40pm and didn't leave the airport until 6pm. Nightmare! Instantly felt better once we drove under the WDW arch though.

We're in Orlando too! On Friday we did Gatorland, Saturday was Seaward and tomorrow we make our way to Disney World!

I'm a bit worried about Ian, but thankfully we'll have a kitchen. I guess we'll see what happens.

...We tried the car rental thing. If it's up to me, next time we'll just take an uber or a shuttle. It's too stressful for me. :rotfl2:

Just back from our week long trip that started 9/18. It was super hot as expected (we usually go in September). Stayed at BCV with a great view of Spaceship Earth, except for 1 tree in the center. The crowds were on par with precious years for us, except for Hollywood Studios which has been busier each year. We did MK 2 days, both party days and there was a noticeable increase in crowds at 4 when the party guests could enter. We used Genie+ everyday with great success, including all the headliners. On our HS day we did EE, rope dropped Rock n Roller Coaster and we’re able to do that twice plus ToT and MMRR before park open. Had our first Genie+ for 9:00 at Slinky, so we did Star Tours and Aliens between 8:30 and 9:00. After that was able to get almost immediate Genie+ for the rest of the rides. We did buy RoTR. MK we EE rope dropped Space both days and was able to knock out all of Tomorrowland before opening (except Laugh Floor and Carousel of Progress). One day we Genie+ Jungle Cruise first and worked through Adventure then Frontier Lands. The next we Genie+ PP first and completed all of Fantasy before moving to HM and Frontier Land. We were even able to do SDMT with a 15 min wait (posted 4min) after we rope dropped Tomorrow Land. Epcot bought GoTG and got virtual cue, awesome ride. Kids got grumpy on our Epcot day so we did not get to do as much of FW snacking as we wanted, went back for pool time to change our attitudes from the heat. Honestly did not notice much coughing, except my niece whom has heat induced asthma, I could feel the eyes staring at her though poor thing. They were only with us 2 days and are still there. The most coughing we heard was at the airport terminal coming home, thankfully no one near us on the plan was coughing, but let’s be real it’s a small enclosed space so I don’t know that it matters. Let me know if anyone has any questions.

I'm heeeeerrreeeeeee, just checked into PQFQ. Absolutely shattered, flew into Terminal C and the bag carousel stopped working twice, so it took an hour to get my bags. Then it took ages to find Mears Connect (They DO operate from Terminal C! I didn't know this and was trying to find the APM to Terminal A and B and getting so lost!) and ages to get a van to my resort. Landed at 2:40pm and didn't leave the airport until 6pm. Nightmare! Instantly felt better once we drove under the WDW arch though.

We're in Orlando too! On Friday we did Gatorland, Saturday was Seaward and tomorrow we make our way to Disney World!
I hope you both have amazing trips!

Little storm update.... Right now Euro has it going more near Tampa, GFS has it more west in the panhandle. It might come out somewhere in the middle. It's more likely to hit very late Wednesday/early Thursday so its till early. If it does hit direct to Tampa, it is possible parks could close for the day, but it does look like it will weaken to a Cat 1 by the time it hits, so inland won't see it as a strong storm compared to coast. Its still wait and see.

Little storm update.... Right now Euro has it going more near Tampa, GFS has it more west in the panhandle. It might come out somewhere in the middle. It's more likely to hit very late Wednesday/early Thursday so its till early. If it does hit direct to Tampa, it is possible parks could close for the day, but it does look like it will weaken to a Cat 1 by the time it hits, so inland won't see it as a strong storm compared to coast. Its still wait and see.

Yeah I think the only worries for Disney honest is the unpredictability of park closures and airport closures/reopening. My guess based on what is predicted right now is Wed (night) and Thursday (full day) airport and parks are closed. Probably back to normal on Friday but with a whole lotta rain. Could be a mess getting out this weekend if flight cancellations pile up.

Here now in Epcot, super packed here this morning, moreso than it was Saturday, but I wouldn't be surprised if people are trying to pack in as much park time as they can before the storm hits. Do have to recommend the Florida blue lounge in Morocco. It is such a nice break from the heat and crowds, hardly anyone in here and they have coffee, tea, water and will provide cold water bottles to take with you. You also get a cooling towel when you enter. It's free too so nothing to lose to check it out!

Attachments

• PXL_20220926_161216363.jpg
    PXL_20220926_161216363.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 4
Here now in Epcot, super packed here this morning, moreso than it was Saturday, but I wouldn't be surprised if people are trying to pack in as much park time as they can before the storm hits. Do have to recommend the Florida blue lounge in Morocco. It is such a nice break from the heat and crowds, hardly anyone in here and they have coffee, tea, water and will provide cold water bottles to take with you. You also get a cooling towel when you enter. It's free too so nothing to lose to check it out!

I was there this morning too! It was insanely busy. Managed to ride Guardians though so I'm happy.

Yeah I think the only worries for Disney honest is the unpredictability of park closures and airport closures/reopening. My guess based on what is predicted right now is Wed (night) and Thursday (full day) airport and parks are closed. Probably back to normal on Friday but with a whole lotta rain. Could be a mess getting out this weekend if flight cancellations pile up.

Sounds about right. I mean obviously damage inland isn't related to storm surge. There could be rain flooding, but the biggest risk is wind. As long as power isn't out long, things get moving pretty fast again.

I was there this morning too! It was insanely busy. Managed to ride Guardians though so I'm happy.
Nice! Still haven't gotten on guardians, but hopefully one of the next few days. Have a week left so have time! Just hope the crowds at Epcot die down, was not expecting that this morning.

We started at DHS. It was pretty crazy, but Genie Plus saved our butts. We went to Epcot later in the afternoon we got Guardians with an Individual Lightning Lane and with Extended Evening Hours.

Overall, it was busy, but we’re having a great time.

More from my September trip:

Fri 9/16: Last park day. We took the bus to AK, arriving around 9:00 am. In retrospect I wish we had gotten there earlier (no Genie + today) but I guess we were tired after HDDR. We went to Pandora and rode Navi River Journey. Posted 45 min wait, but it only took 30. We then started towards the Safari but as we passed the Lion King venue we saw the 10:00 show was just about to start so we scooted in at the last minute. We were in the last row but we didn’t have to wait in line so I’ll take it! We loved the show as usual. After Lion King we headed to the Safari. Now I’m someone that usually will not do any standby greater than 20 minutes and the wait for the Safari was posted at 60 minutes, but I knew it would only creep up throughout the day (and we were planning to leave AK after lunch) and we didn’t want to miss this ride so we got in line. Well 60 minutes turned into 75 (must have flipped over right after we got in line) but that’s OK. A lot of animals were out and we enjoyed it. After Safari we were hungry and even though we had a 1:30 ADR at Yak and Yeti, we grabbed an egg roll snack in Asia and ate it in the amphitheater. I was excited when I saw that coincidentally Kite Tails was about to begin, not realizing that it was literally one “kite” being pulled around the lake for five minutes and then it ended. About 15 minutes later another kite went up. I don’t really get that attraction. It could be really cool if it was an actual show, but it seems that the set up and break down of the kites take more time than they are actually flying. Next was our Yak and Yeti lunch which we enjoyed. Had a nice view out the window and saw Kevin (from “Up”) strolling around. After lunch we strolled around just a bit more in AK and left the park around 3:00 to take a break before MNSSHP. We changed into our Halloween t-shirts and headed to the bus stop around 4:45, but unfortunately by this time it was pouring rain. The rain definitely put a bit of a damper on the party (both umbrella and poncho were in play at various times throughout the night), but it did ease up in the later part of the evening and although I’ve heard of some people requesting refunds for the party that night we actually had a decent time. After taking a few pictures and getting our treat bags we rode the People Mover, Under the Sea, Pooh, Mine Train (a bit of a wait for this one but we got the front row!), BTMR, and Splash, with lots of trick or treat stations along the way. We had nachos at Pecos Bills for dinner and then found a fairly good spot for fireworks. After fireworks we rode Jungle Cruise with no wait. This was really cool at night. Then we found a spot in Frontierland for the parade. There was some fear that it might be cancelled as the first one had been (which we didn’t even realize because we were riding rides at the time), but it wasn’t cancelled and we enjoyed it (no headless horseman though). We then rode POTC and then literally ran to HM to catch it right before it closed at midnight. Unfortunately the Hocus Pocus shows were severely truncated so we didn’t get to see that. We then strolled down Main Street and caught the bus back to Pop! The night felt really full, but there was still so much we didn’t get a chance to do.

My thoughts are with all September folks who are there now! Stay safe!

Nice! Still haven't gotten on guardians, but hopefully one of the next few days. Have a week left so have time! Just hope the crowds at Epcot die down, was not expecting that this morning.
I rode it on our Epcot day last Saturday. Best ride in all of Disney, currently. I got boarding group 2. Have the refresh screen to the virtual queue on your phone. Pull up time.gov on a second device. Count down 10 seconds before 7 AM. Hit the refresh at 7:00:00 exactly, and you'll get in, no problem. I actually got boarding group 1 on Thursday but our flight got delayed coming in. And we're leaving a day early because of Ian. Good luck, and have a blast!

Good early morning friends from Logan International Airport! My flight leaves in about an hour and 10 mins and the Jet Blue craft ill be on is called 'Once Upon a Blue'! Im so ready to get to the hotel and nap but yay yay yay its WDW day!

Good early morning friends from Logan International Airport! My flight leaves in about an hour and 10 mins and the Jet Blue craft ill be on is called 'Once Upon a Blue'! Im so ready to get to the hotel and nap but yay yay yay its WDW day!
Have landed and im on the Sunshine Flyer. I literally walked off the plane,stopped at the rest room, walked to Terminal B ground level then walked onto the bus and it pulled right away! Room isnt ready yet so i may actually go for a swim when i get to pop!

Have landed and im on the Sunshine Flyer. I literally walked off the plane,stopped at the rest room, walked to Terminal B ground level then walked onto the bus and it pulled right away! Room isnt ready yet so i may actually go for a swim when i get to pop!

Glad you got in today and safely! MCO has announced its closing as of 10:30 tomorrow morning. My Orlando resident friend said a press conference is expected by the city/county officials at 1PM today and news is saying to shelter in place by 9AM tomorrow. I would expect once the press conference is over Disney is going to announce closures after it. Looks like this is going to be pretty intense for the Orlando area, possibly 2 feet or more of rain. Everyone down there now please be safe!!!

Disney closed at least for tomorrow and Thursday per email sent to cast members.

Disney closed at least for tomorrow and Thursday per email sent to cast members.
What happens to people who flew in Sun to Sun had 6 day tickets. Do they just lose those days? I mean even if disney gives an extra week to use tickets, it doesn't help most people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter